fourteen

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I tried, this is a mess :')   This chapter is big, take your time :). Have fun.

 

 

 

The afternoon was about to start. That place wasn't made for a battle. The earth scrambled through their vests as they tried to keep along and survive, the trees only made the archer's job harder as they had to change directions from time to time. The smell of blood was everywhere, the same one hanging in everyone's senses, it was like a habit already to feel that, not a good one, not even one to get used with, but it always ended like that, blood. As soon as it started, realization hit them, they also weren't made for that battle. But they were there, even if just to tell the story, nothing could change that. The whole bloody scenario couldn't be figured out, who was winning, surely no one, but the werewolves certainly had the advantage of being more prepared even with minor numbers.

In a far section of the forest ground, lied the one who pursued for this fate, the same that brought the doom of his own daughter. He wasn't dead yet but hanging in a tiny line to damnation, Dahyun's father spit blood trying to get up, he saw his daughter looking in shock at him and flashed a sweet smile to her, standing on his knees while Leo was expressionless waiting for the old guy to get up.

" So, you think you can beat me... Good luck with that" Leo said with his soft voice when the other stood up. The vampire looked untouched like he never killed anything, his purity was never affected by his evil acts.

" I wish you the same" Dahyun's father said with a smirk.

But as soon as Leo started to advance forward, Ravi held his shoulder, his longtime friend was there to always fight by his side with his claws already full of blood, he prevented Leo from fighting, the latter turned around to see the reason of the interruption as the other pointed at the girl standing in anger watching the whole scene. Leo chuckled before giving his attention to Dahyun, she looked powerless.

" Take care of him" Leo said to Ravi referring to her father. Dahyun shivered and didn't move when Leo walked to meet her.

" Nice to see you again" Leo sarcastically said but he had that kind of soft eyes that drove her closer, Dahyun couldn't utter a word in her defense.

The remaining strength Tzuyu had after shooting too much lead her to pick up a sword, she wanted to search for more arrows, her fingers were spent and her shoulder hurting so her decision to fight with a sword was to prevent more damage. Her mind searched for something useful to do, she cleared her vision, a long gush of wind followed by the crack of some branches startled her. Chaeyoung and Mina were paired up as always in the front line, really near her, the others were scattered around, most of the attention was elsewhere but she can't point out where, she was too busy trying to survive. A minute later, she told Mina that she would scan around to see where she could be useful. Her eyes immediately were met by what she never thought of happening, she saw the body of a werewolf she didn't thought it would fall. Ayato was with his eyes open but the lack of life in them showed that he was far from alive, that and the huge hole where his heart once belonged to, Tzuyu didn't react, she wasn't feeling sad rather disappointed and wondering who could have been strong enough to do that. She passed a tree were the body was near, her steps were slow to regain her strength but soon her focus was stolen by the scene in front of her, Dahyun holding her chest like she was in pain and kneeled down, a guy in front of her cleaning the blood of his fingers and about three other vampires standing around them. Other guy chuckled, Tzuyu recognized Dahyun's father dead on the ground, his throat ripped as he was defeated, another loss, she really wonders how she is still standing. The guy who chuckled was stepping on the body, disrespecting the last moments of the old guy. Tzuyu hid behind a tree and held her breath.

' Help, I need help...' She thought searching around, the stronger ones fell, and the thought of fighting alone, she had no confidence left. Her ears picked up the sound of a sword coming from the place and rushed steps, she turned around, sneaking while looking at Sana unpacking her katana and Momo standing by the girl's side, ready to shoot with her bow, they were facing the guy stepping on Dahyun's father. Tzuyu wanted to facepalm or yell at the two for making such a bold move. But maybe courage was all they needed.

" Oh, look at this" Ravi said out loud for the other vampires and especially Leo to hear. The latter took his attention from Dahyun to look at the other girls that were staring at them angrily. Momo surely recognized him, she couldn't hide how much she wanted to end him, her soft brown eyes turned to dark ones, a faint glow trying to escape from them.

Tzuyu clenched her sword and also prepared to show up.

" Tzu!" Chaeyoung called her out of nowhere, she was found but gladly by her friend. Tzuyu's eyes widened as she indicated the other to keep quiet.

" What?" Mina asked walking behind Chaeyoung.

" Look" Tzuyu pointed at behind her. Mina looked at Sana and Momo, the latter had already ended the weaker vampires there, it was fast, Momo had improved her abilities, but still harmed, Mina could see the girl with her legs shaking, she felt a grip on her heart when she saw Sana ready to attack Ravi. Mina wanted to stop her.

Tzuyu pulled her out of the trance.

" What are we going to do?" The younger asked worried.

" I'll search for help" Chaeyoung said and ran away, hiding her own fears to disappear through the woods. Leaving Tzuyu and Mina waiting.

Still kneeled, Dahyun let a groan escape and soon Leo crouched down in front of her, staring her red eyes and fangs. Momo walked a step forward seeing the sight that hurt her so deeply, worried with the girl, but the enemy thought quickly and so Ravi also walked in her direction.

" Not so fast" He said serious. Momo was ready to shoot, pulled it up but was too scared to move further, his piercing gaze caught her for a moment. Dahyun looked at her, they searched for each other's eyes in the same moment, they weren't too far from each other, Dahyun was so serious with her red hair swaying like leaves of the silent forest.

" I didn't actually mean to let you alive that day" Leo said taking her attention from the one she worried the most. Dahyun looked back at him but afraid to fall in a trap.

" You look too much like her" He said getting up and kicking Dahyun on the chin for her to fall down. The girl knew from her father's story that he was referring to her mother.

" You bastard!" Momo yelled out of anger, her instincts caught up to her making the mistake to let her weapon down and so she tried to run to Dahyun. Ravi rolled his eyes and just put a foot in her way, making Momo hit the ground, bow flying through the air and landing far away, arrows splashed around like it were nothing. Sana took the opportunity and thought fast to try to harm him with her weapon but was met by the vampire holding the katana and pushing her body away, making her back hit a tree as she soon fell down, her weapon ended up far from her, she was still conscious and hissed in pain. Mina got angry, she couldn't wait, revealing herself she threw a knife right on the guy, he was not able to avoid it and got hit on his shoulder, at the time he turned to see who it was, Momo gave him a sweep kick to send him to the ground, Tzuyu decided to trail after Mina, now the five girls there were all spotted. Momo was about to grab a sword near the body of one that she killed earlier, Sana got up to find her own, Mina walked closer followed by Tzuyu, the target was Ravi and their eyes sparkled.

" STOP" Leo said firmly, gripping Dahyun's hair in his hands and pushing her, she was about to lose control and holding to the brief of her sanity, the strength the guy had was too much for her to believe. All eyes turned to them, he smirked and took his claws off near Dahyun's neck. Looked like a sarcastic flashback in Momo's mind, the moment of the fall played again.

" This time she won't come back I believe" Leo said, Momo was about to make a move but she met Dahyun's eyes one more time, it looked different, they showed a state of calm that she couldn't believe someone was able to reach, they were red but bright, shining. Momo nodded, she didn't understand but she nodded, like she trusted Dahyun with that.

" Run" Dahyun mouthed. A tear escaped Momo's eye as the sun covered them, what looked like a storm turned out to be just a bad time.

Momo turned around to look at the others, it was like time was slowing down, she saw Mina helping Sana to grab her katana and approaching to join Tzuyu, they were too far for her to reach but she wanted to warn them, the one near her was Ravi, unmoved like waiting for orders.

" Ru-" Momo tried to warn Tzuyu.

" Kill them" Leo said faster than her. Ravi passed her so fast that she couldn't possibly move, but she felt nothing, looked down and could see that she didn't suffer any harm.

' What? '

Momo thought about being luck or that she was already dead and hallucinating, but she turned around and realized. She wasn't the target. Ravi was aiming at the others behind her first. Tzuyu gasped her last breath before Ravi clenched her neck on his hands, Mina was nowhere better being struggled just like the other, they were being lifted from the ground with the strength of that choking. Sana's eyes were forming tears, she was on the ground because the guy pushed her away again, she knew she had to act faster, her eyes scanned for Momo, she found the latter biting her lip in anger a checking for a sword. They nodded for each other, Momo rolled to pick the sword while Sana got up with her own.

Meanwhile, Leo pinned Dahyun on a tree and gave a punch on her stomach, she flinched and dug her claws in the tree but, when he was about to hurt her again, she gave him a kick, he stumbled backwards, dumbfounded by Dahyun's strength and regaining his posture. The girl started to attack him fast, her feelings of discomfort going away for a moment, it was like being reborn and she just wanted things over with. Something changed, but she doesn't know if it's a good change.

Leo was strongly able to defend all the attempts of harm but she was fast, incredibly following her raw instincts and pushing forward to try to save the others. A feeling in her gut said the enormous danger that the other girls could possibly be in there.

Sana approached first trying to crave her katana in Ravi's back near the heart. The guy threw Mina and Tzuyu in the same time, going in different directions, Tzuyu coughing and panting when she hit the ground while Mina flopped unconscious when her head hit a tree, blood sliding from her forehead. As for Momo, she waited for the opportunity to harm the vampire by sliding her sword near his neck, it was successful thanks to Sana because the guy was too busy avoiding her strikes.

But Ravi got angrier with that, the wound on his neck started to burn, with his last of adrenaline he was going to reach for Momo, he used the same strategy from before and moved faster to try to rip her heart off, there was nothing she could do against it, her own eyes couldn't follow the movement. But when his hand was about to reach her, an amazingly fast arrow hit right through his palm and he left a groan of pain. A slide of sweat covered Momo's forehead, Sana was no better and trying to wake Mina not even caring about her own safety, Tzuyu was getting up and so was the first to see the shooter. Jeongyeon picked up another arrow and pointed at Leo.

" Don't move" She said surprising him, aiming at his chest, like a savior or a hero, it was unbelievable. He still had Dahyun hostage, she couldn't shoot. Jihyo was right behind her, supporting a limping Nayeon as Chaeyoung followed catching her breath.

Leo didn't respond, but he turned his head to shoot a glare at Ravi that was taking the arrow out of his hand. The latter was surrendered by Momo threatening him with a sword on his neck.

" Don't move" She repeated Jeongyeon's words. Ravi smirked.

" Thank you Chae" Tzuyu said firmly. The other girl was approaching her.

" They were the only ones I could find. I don't think we're winning anymore, it's a mess there" Chaeyoung replied. Leo bickered. Dahyun was still with her eyes glowing but looking down, she trusted the others but was starting to doubt herself.

Jihyo sat Nayeon down to help Jeongyeon to restrain the guy, they couldn't distract themselves.

" Watch out-" Dahyun was cut with a strike in the head by no other than Leo, that was able to move faster than Jeongyeon and avoided the shoot.

" Hey" Ravi said to Leo before everything went black. Smoke filled their lungs, they didn't know where it came from but soon realized that it was a smoke bomb, right when they thought they were winning.

" Momo!"

The girl heard Tzuyu calling and something pulling her down. Sana got scared and hugged Mina, shielding her, the other was still unconscious. Jihyo rubbed her eyes and walked to pull Jeongyeon out of the smoke cloud. Chaeyoung was clinging to Tzuyu that was clinging to Momo.

" What the hell?" Chaeyoung said.

" Is everyone ok?" Jihyo asked. No response.

Momo felt a sharp pain hitting her chest and then her head, making her drop down the weapon and disperse the group.

" AAAAAAAAH" She let a scream of pain.

" You underestimate us" Leo said, he couldn't be seen, like a shadow, his voice creeped in their ears.

" I could say the same" Dahyun responded throwing a punch right on his face. She could sense him more than see, it was like a connection and she was being able to control. He ran from her, like he knew that the others had to be finished first, Leo wanted to end the archer first and walked to where Jeongyeon was. Leaving Dahyun alone, her bright eyes scanned quickly and she saw Momo coughing her blood out while Ravi kicked her stomach.

Chaeyoung just ran to sit beside Nayeon and to hide herself, away from the smoke. Telling herself that it was only to think, the pressure was taking over her.

" What are you doing?" Nayeon asked, she couldn't get up to fight since her leg was broken.

" I-I..." Chaeyoung stuttered.

" Look, when they smoke fade, you have to go there and fight. There are only two of them, it's not that hard" Nayeon said to the panting girl.

" Right, right... But they... Ok" Chaeyoung caught her breath and got up.

Meanwhile Tzuyu walked crouched to where Sana was trying to stop the bleeding of Mina's head.

" You can't die here" Sana was mumbling sadly under her breath, cleaning Mina's blood.

" Where are the others?" Sana asked, seeing Tzuyu near.

" When I see them, I'll warn you"

The fog was dispersing little by little. They heard another scream.

" It was Momo" Sana said terrified.

" Stay with Mina. I'm going there. Take her out of here please" Sana pleaded to Tzuyu.

" To where?"

" Anywhere, keep her safe" Sana said fixing Mina's hair. At least she was alive.

" Fine. Don't die and make sure the others come back alive too" Tzuyu said crouching to get Mina on her back. She decided to take Nayeon with her as well and did her best to get in the place to take the two out of there. She was glad she did that right and sprinted to where she believes is a safer area for them.

Sana entered the thin smoke, it looked like about four smoke bombs were blew on the place.

" Jeongyeon watch out" Jihyo screamed pulling her closer. Leo appeared right in front of her and dug his claws in her arm, ripping her skin, Jeongyeon stepped backwards and hid Jihyo behind her, showing a sharp knife because her bow was taken away by the enemy. She clenched her jaw and knew she wasn't strong enough to kill him.

" Run, now" Jeongyeon said to Jihyo. The latter was with hanging open seeing the blood dripping to the ground of Jeongyeon's wounded arm.

" But you..."

" NOW" Jeongyeon screamed. She pushed Jihyo and entered the fight with Leo. The guy easily grabbed her arm and pressed the wound, she tried to kick him but was avoided, she tried to punch him but he held her two hands. Jihyo threw a knife on him, there was no way she would let the other there to die. The knife pierced his face letting a cut on his cheek.

Not far from there, Dahyun could see Sana approaching them, Ravi was on the ground under her feet defeated, his heart threw out of his chest, the pins of the smoke bombs falling from his hand, and all she could think was the pain Momo was feeling, Ravi was almost successful in slicing the girl's throat. Sana only noticed them because they were already able to see, she saw the pool of blood underneath Dahyun's feet, Momo was standing up supported by her sword, her clothes ripped and a huge mark of claws crossed her chest, she was with her hand covering and scared.

" What happened?" Sana asked worried, she was wondering how it was possible that Momo was still standing up.

" He was stopped" Dahyun said kicking the dead body under her feet.

" I think I almost died" Momo said holding her breath.

" HELP!" Jeongyeon screamed before being hit by a punch and falling on the ground. Leo kicked her and held Jihyo by the throat, he was about to snap her neck.

" STOOOOP" Jeongyeon screamed in desperation. Chaeyoung was the first to get in the place and helped her up quickly.

" I said STOP" Jeongyeon yelled again kicking the guy. He didn't move and the life was starting to fade from Jihyo's eyes.

" Je-jeong-" Jihyo tried to say, her claws ripping Leo's hand and arm but he was starting to clench her neck even more.

Chaeyoung throw a sword at him, she reunited all her strength to do that but he stopped it with his other hand. His eyes deep red and his veins popping out, he was furious. Chaeyoung walked backwards, trying to find another way. Jeongyeon ran in his direction trying to free the girl but got pushed away, hitting the ground.

Momo picked up another sword, forgetting her own pain, Leo was mad but she was more, she swung the sword in front of him.

" Let her go!" Momo yelled spinning the sword to show off. He let Jihyo fall unconscious, Jeongyeon ran to her and clenched her on an embrace.

The guy walked slowly in Momo's direction, Dahyun and Sana were behind her ready to fight. They were glaring the guy and he hissed annoyed.

Chaeyoung got out of her search to help Jeongyeon. She kneeled close to Jihyo to check her pulse since the others were dealing with the enemy.

" It's weak but it's there" Chaeyoung said to Jeongyeon.

" THANK GOD" Jeongyeon said relieved, finally releasing the breath she was holding.

" I didn't know what I would do if she..." Jeongyeon tried to say, her tears falling.

" Calm down, let's take her out of here" Chaeyoung suggested, Jeongyeon followed her, afraid of the girl getting hurt one more time.

Momo was on the floor, again.

' ' She thought pushing herself up.

" He is too strong" Dahyun said to her. Sana was about to also be punched, her sword was far away from her because it was thrown by the guy.

" Give up and die" Leo hissed, he saw the corpse of his friend Ravi laying on the floor.

" YOU" He pointed with his bloody claw at Momo, that held two swords in her hands.

" Your death will be the worst" Leo said firmly but he still had to pass Dahyun to do that. Her situation wasn't the best, she had control but it was lingering and strongly making her desire to just to kill everyone there climb the scales of her sanity.

" Hey Mo" Dahyun said breathless after avoiding being hit. The vampire enemy was fast enough to fight the three of them.

" When I say run, grab Sana and actually run this time ok?"

" But-"

" Promise me" Dahyun said getting closer of her. Momo could see the girl's eyes strangely twitching between bright red and the dark and scary red.

" Ok" Momo said not able to think in other solution.

" Sana!" She called. The latter was cursing under her breath and picking up her katana again, she was tired of being thrown away.

" What?!" She asked to her friend.

" Stay close of me"

" Fine" Sana ran to her side while Dahyun distracted the guy.

Leo cut Dahyun's cheek with his claws but that gave the chance for Momo to pass through her and crave one of the swords in his shoulder, then she spun around to put the other sword near his neck with Sana stabbing the back of his knee, making him kneel down. Dahyun started to give punches on his face but the guy was still strong, even being weakened by Momo, he pushed Dahyun away, gave a kick on Sana and turned to crave his claws in Momo's chest, feeling the pulsating heart in his hands.

" NO" Dahyun yelled, her eyes fully turned into dark red. She gave the guy a incredibly strong kick that was able to make him fall backwards and let Momo go but she was almost dead. Dahyun was raged like she never went before and continued to hit the guy several times, Leo didn't have the speed to avoid or even block the attacks, when the girl used her hand to twitch the sword in his shoulder, he let his chest exposed so Dahyun did the same as he did to Momo and dug her hand in his chest, feeling his beating heart, but instead of being pushed away, she took i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter