six

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

There are times that people just want to distract themselves for the sake of their mental health, think about a safe place, do anything to stop overthinking everything. Dahyun was walking on the backyard, the weather was pleasant so she decided to enjoy on her own while the others sleep. The backyard is huge, she can even see a construction that is for training and a shooting range, all she could think was about how much Momo would be happy when she sees how wonderful it will be for her to practice there. She sat down on the grass and started to look at the flowers in there, so many colors that she almost forgot her problems enjoying the view. She saw some people walking in groups in the direction of the construction and thought that they were going to practice.

" Dahyun"

She heard from behind of her, she turned around and saw Sana, Mina and Jihyo coming on her way.

" Good Morning" They greeted each other.

" I was just looking around" Dahyun said to them.

" I was showing her where the others practice" Sana said referring to Jihyo.

" Because she can't take a rest" Mina said narrowing her eyes.

" I'm going with you then" Dahyun said walking with them.

" Are the others still sleeping?" She asked.

" Tzuyu and Chae are eating" Jihyo said.

' Momo is probably dead ' Dahyun thought when she remembered about how much Momo likes to sleep.

They walked on a path to the large construction on the side of the shooting range, that was just with one person alone there, shooting arrows precisely on the target.

Jihyo looked at the short haired girl and felt ranging open with her precision, she also looked beautiful with the wind spreading her blond locks aside when she shot another arrow. Jihyo felt her heart pounding staring at the girl. Sana noticed the stare in the girl's direction.

" That is Jeongyeon" She said getting close to Jihyo.

" What?"  Jihyo said surprised.

" Her name is Jeongyeon" Sana said smiling.

' OMG she saw me staring' Jihyo thought looking down.

Mina and Dahyun were a little behind and talking about the flowers in there so Sana could speak with Jihyo.

" Yes, I noticed your stare. She is with us for about two weeks now and it's really good with arrows" Sana said and Jihyo just nodded.

" Just for you to know, if you're thinking about talking with her, good luck because she is, well, quiet"

" Wow... Don't think things like that, I was just admiring her shooting" Jihyo said almost stuttering.

' Right ' Sana smirked internally.

" I was just suggesting in case you thought about asking her for advice about shooting"

' What '

" Oh... Thank you" Jihyo was a bit embarrassed.

Sana smiled seeing her reaction.

They arrived at the place and it was great to practice. Jihyo got really excited once she saw all the equipment and dragged Mina and Dahyun to see the weapons in there. Dahyun as a weapon master trainee, actually got impressed with the arsenal in there, it was made for a war if they really had one.

They started to pick some things and test among them with even Sana joining. Their some sort of training, lasted for about 20 minutes before they grew tired and sat on the floor near the door. Jihyo was sat back facing the door and she felt a presence passing behind her but ignored because she was distracted chatting with the girls.

' I'm thirst ' She thought.

" Girls, I will drink some water, anyone coming? " Jihyo said getting up. All of them shook their heads.

" You know where the water is, right?"  Sana asked, Jihyo nodded.

" And I am going back to the house because I'm hungry" Dahyun said to them.

" Ok, bye" Sana said.

" Bye" 

So, Mina and Sana were left there and started to talk about how they were doing all those years apart from each other.

Jihyo walked lazily to find a bottle of water. She suddenly was startled when she stopped drinking and closed the bottle, she heard a noise on her back and looked around, just to see the same girl she was admiring earlier, gathering some arrows on the floor. Jihyo stood froze in her spot without knowing what to do, she only came to reality again when she saw a bit of blood staining the girl's shirt so she decides to get close when the girl started to place her bow on a stand. She gulped down and walked to the girl.

" Jeongyeon, right? " She said.

The girl widened her eyes and nodded.

" Don't worry, Sana told me your name" Jihyo said smiling.

Jeongyeon nodded again and started to place the arrows together with the bow.

" Um... I think your arm is bleeding" Jihyo awkwardly said.

Jeongyeon looked at the wrong arm and Jihyo almost smiled.

" Here, the other one" Jihyo said pointing to the blood on her long-sleeved shirt.

Jeongyeon started to lift her sleeve and saw that her stitches in that place opened, and she doesn't even know how she didn't feel the pain, maybe she was distracted enough.

' Ooh ' Jihyo though when she saw the bruise.

Jeongyeon placed a hand on her bruise to see if it stops bleeding and bowed to take her leave to the infirmary.

" Do you need help?"  Jihyo asked.

' Why am I asking this? ' She though because the words left before she could even think about it.

The girl shook her head and started to walk on the other way. Jihyo was left thinking if it will be weird if she helped the girl she barely knows to stop the bleeding.

' Damn it '

She started to walk in Jeongyeon's direction and grabbed her arm.

" Excuse me, come here" 

Jeongyeon was surprised with Jihyo lifting her sleeve, the bruise was near her biceps and she flinched a little when Jihyo touched her arm, she took a handkerchief - luckily, she has one - and wrapped around the area, stopping the bleeding.

" Does it hurt?" Jihyo asked with her hand still on Jeongyeon's arm.

The other shook her head but inside she was holding her painful expression because it hurt as hell.

" Good... It's better if you see Nayeon, she can help" Jihyo said. Jeongyeon was froze in place looking at her arm. Jihyo noticed.

" Let's go" She said and took the girl's hand on hers to walk way to the infirmary.

' Why am I feeling so shy? ' Jihyo thought and Jeongyeon was kind of confused as well.

Sana and Mina looked at them with curiosity when they passed but didn't say a thing.

When they got near the infirmary, Jihyo left Jeongyeon's hand and got inside to see Nayeon almost sleeping on a desk, it's like a habit.

' Where are the other doctors of this place? ' Jeongyeon thought when she felt her arm burning more.

" Nayeooon" Jihyo said waking her up.

" What?"

' Why do this people like to interrupt my sleep?! ' Nayeon thought annoyed.

Jihyo pointed to Jeongyeon's arm.

" You again Jeongyeon. Your arm will never heal if you keep forcing it" Nayeon said and started to take the things she needs to stitch it again. Jeongyeon sat and waited. Jihyo was still in the room for some reason, observing.

" Park Jihyo" She said to Jeongyeon, that bowed again.

' Why isn't she talking? ' Jihyo was really curious. Nayeon just observed the interaction.

" How did you hurt your arm?" Jihyo asked curious and to see if the girl will answer her. Jeongyeon just looked straight down like she was thinking. Nayeon got close of them and started to clean Jeongyeon's wound.

" If she is not going to tell, I will. In the first week she was here, some guy was making fun of her because she didn't want to talk with him, so she punched him on the face and he attacked back, with a sword, but got beaten up anyways. It was funny, the guy's nose is still recovering" Nayeon said to Jihyo. And Jihyo could finally see Jeongyeon smiling, that make her heart flutter a bit. She was like, smiling proudly about beating the guy.

Then, Nayeon started to stitch and Jeongyeon flinched trying not to look, it was actually funny to Jihyo, Jeongyeon noticed and glared her but she found even more funny and kept smiling.

" It's done" Nayeon said proud of her work.

Jeongyeon POV

The girl that helped me for an unknown reason is still here and I don't know what to do. She came out of nowhere and for some reason started to talk with me. I am still sat in the infirmary fixing my shirt and I can feel her gaze on me, I look up and our eyes meet.

' She is pretty '

She smiled at me and I wish I could do something to thank her.

People around here usually don't come to interact with me, guess I'm weird so surprisingly I've found myself drawn to her in all the way to here, she seems interesting.

I look at the clock and realize the hour, I still didn't eat since I woke up.

' Have to be quick or I won't keep up on practice '

I start to get up and bowed to her. She really helped me but... I still don't feel ready to talk to anyone after everything that happened, some things can just change a person. It's better if I stay quiet, the things that come on my head every time I close my eyes because of that day still haunts me. I rather prefer to be alone right now than getting attached, life can be hard even for people like me, I know I've changed compared with the person I was before all of this but, it's not my fault. I wish I could laugh like before. I hope she will understand that I have no way to thank her.

I pass by her to leave the room quickly and staring at the floor, I can feel she looking at me but she is not saying a thing as well.

" Take care" I heard her saying when I left the room.

From what can I tell, she is friends with Sana so I'll probably see her around.

*****************************************************

Third Person POV

They talked and laughed while watching the others training, it has been a long time since Mina and Sana were that clingy with each other, the time passed by so quickly that they didn't even notice, since the morning was almost over so the sun was getting stronger and it was starting to get hotter in there. Mina thought about going back to eat before she became too lazy to walk her way back.

" It's better if we go back now. I'm kind of hungry" Mina said pursing her lips.

" Yeah let's eat" Sana said enthusiastic.

They got up and started to walk to the door, the hot and bright sun welcomed them. Sana looked around and an idea popped in her head all of a sudden.

" Mina, can we go somewhere else first?"  She asked.

" Sure" Mina said smiling.

Sana reached for her hand like they always did years ago, when they walked together. Mina felt somehow protected every time Sana would ask for her hand to lead the way or walked by her side intertwining their fingers. Sana was glad that she could be like this with the girl again, like they were never separated.

" Where are we going?"  Mina asked when she noticed that they were leaving for the other side, more inside of the woods.

" Oh, you don't remember this path. You will see when we get there" Sana said and walked a little bit slower to enjoy the view that the shadows of the trees were giving to them. Mina admired as well but she couldn't avoid stealing glances of Sana's features from aside, she was really beautiful, especially her eyes that almost glow with the sunlight.

After some minutes, Mina started to recognized the surroundings and felt nostalgic.

' I think I know where we are ' She thought when she saw a familiar mark on a tree, she suddenly remembered how the mark went there, when Momo shot several arrows on that specific tree out of boredom.

" You remember too, right?"  Sana asked seeing Mina's gaze on that mark. She nodded and smiled to Sana, that smiled as well.

A long time ago, they were these three kids that, in Sana's case just met the other two, exploring the region around the big house, the woods sounded interesting so they walked around many times trying to ease their minds. Mina and Momo didn't specifically know at that time what Sana was passing by with the murder of her father and becoming a leader and the only close family left to her young brothers, but they really helped her going through those things in the short time they were together. Especially Mina, she was some sort of light in Sana's life that made her forget the entire world just to be with the girl, unfortunately she only realized that when Mina was no longer by her side to flash her gummy smile when things were too hard for her to handle.

...

The trees were getting more dispersed and Mina could hear the sound of water, immediately she remembered where they were going and squeezed Sana's hand. She noticed and walked a little faster, letting Mina's hand go and going in the direction of the sound.

' I remember here ' Mina thought when she saw the huge lake and trailed after Sana that was a bit ahead.

Sana looked around and called Mina closer to a broken tree for them to sit down.

" This place is still beautiful" Mina said sitting down by Sana's side.

" Thought about bringing you here... After all that happened, you know" Sana said a little reluctant.

" Thank you" Mina said smiling and looking at the water in front of her.

Some few moments passed with them in silence enjoying the place, Mina even closed her eyes just to hear the sound of the trees and birds around them.

Sana looked at Mina and placed her head on the latter's shoulder.

" I missed you" Sana murmured.

Mina looked down, her heart raced so fast in hearing those words.

" I missed you too" Mina said breathing heavily.

Sana blushed and looked away a bit embarrassed for Mina not to see her blush, little she knew that Mina was blushing as well.

" I used to come here after you guys left, it's really quiet" Sana said.

Mina felt kind of bad for thinking ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter