twelve

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:This chapter is long and probably boring, take your time :3

 

 

Their group was located in an unknown place, the area had mostly trees so it was hard to tell if they were lost or not, the sun was already up and shining.

" We're lost" Chaeyoung said stopping her steps.

" I don't think so" Nayeon said still walking.

" It's the third time we pass this tree"

" Trees look alike"

" Not like this one, let's stop for a minute" Chaeyoung said resting her hand on that tree.

" I need a rest" Jihyo said sitting down.

They were following the path previously studied by Nayeon, the self-proclaimed vampires' expert, the path had to take them to the vampires' layer, where they believe Momo could be.

Since the beginning of the mess between vampires and werewolves it's well known by the warriors the common practice of vampires taking werewolves hostages and prisoners, sometimes to manipulate and torture, even just to kill in their own way. They also took humans, but the humans' fate is unknown to the werewolves, it's not like they care, humans are used as slaves by the vampires for some time, werewolves didn't even like to cross paths with humans. The girls think that Momo was taken prisoner, they don't know the reason or if it could have been anyone, they don't know where she exactly is, the only information was that she disappeared in battle and was unconscious at the time, they concluded that someone took advantage of that and kidnapped her. So, Nayeon was leading, more like trying to because not even her knows exactly what she is doing. When Chaeyoung questioned how they were getting Momo out of a place, probably guarded with a dozen of armed vampires without being harmed and then proceed to mislead them to come back safely, they all wondered why they didn't think of a plan before. Jihyo decided to figure that out when they got in the place, if they got in the place.

Sana was looking dead with her back rested on a tree.

' I wasn't born to do this stuff' She thought closing her eyes.

" Let's go" Nayeon said getting up.

" Just leave me here" Sana whined shooing them away.

" Two more minutes please" Mina pleaded to Jihyo.

" Fine"

Using her foot to clean the place a little, Mina seated by Sana's side near a large tree.

" Sorry to delay you" Sana said placing her head on the girl's shoulder. Mina shook her head. Sana intertwined their fingers.

" Do you think we'll ever be normally with each other? Without all the war and stuff" Sana asked. She was actually thinking about it. A lot. And for some time.

" Give time to time" Mina said.

" Yeah but think, we're only together when something bad happens" Sana mumbled leaning her head down.

" Hm..."

" And this isn't the way I want our relationship to be, only when we're in the middle of a fight or something" Sana continued, really worried.

" Do you really think like that?" Mina said nervous.

" Why? Did I say something wrong?" Sana asked lifting her head to meet the other's gaze. Mina just shook her head.

" Sana, I'm with you because I like you not because of something else. It just happened that this stuff is happening " Mina said looking down.

" Sorry Mina, I don't want to think like that either... It's just so hard so I was just wondering" Sana said lowering her head down one more time.

" It's ok, we're all tired anyways" Mina said patting her head but Sana was still with a slight pout on her lips. Mina smiled to her, that made Sana smile as well.

" Better" Mina mumbled hugging her again. Sana leaned her forehead on Mina's head and gave a soft kiss on her cheek, the other returned back by pulling Sana closer and giving a peck on her lips.

Meanwhile, Jihyo and Jeongyeon were engaged in some sort of competition to see who can throw a rock the most far away and Nayeon was being some sort of judge. Chaeyoung shook her head seeing the older ones acting like that and chose to do something that really could help them, she thought about discreetly marking that one tree she recognized that they had already passed tree times, or if Nayeon doubt her again, the mark had to be small but visible to her, discreet to anyone that looked, because she still was in enemy territory after all, she can't just leave marks there.

Chaeyoung saw the perfect place to do that, between some branches on the tree, with the tip of her sword, she tried to mark the place but, she was too short to get there. Even with her arms extended and tip toeing, she didn't reach and sighed. Trying again, she held in only one place of the sword that was already threatening to fall most likely on her head but, Tzuyu was faster and slowly took the object out of the other's hand.

" What are you doing?" Tzuyu asked curious from behind of her. Chaeyoung looked down trying to not let the other know that she was too short to fulfill her objective.

" Are you trying to mark the tree?" Tzuyu asked stepping dangerously closer still behind of her.

" There" Tzuyu said showing the T she was able to mark with the sword.

" Thank you" Chaeyoung said turning around to grab her sword back, and that was when she realized her position, almost smashed between Tzuyu and the tree.

" Are you ok? You're red" Tzuyu said lifting the girl's face with her hands.

" Fine" Chaeyoung said feeling a knot in . She knew that was a given opportunity to talk with the other but she felt Tzuyu letting her hands go out of her face.

" Sorry" Tzuyu breathed out.

" For everything"

Chaeyoung just continued looking at Tzuyu's face trying to read the girl but she couldn't, not anymore like she used to, it was a feeling that only she knew and it was lost.

Her heart hurt as she felt Tzuyu step backwards, without hesitating she took Tzuyu's hand before the latter could leave. Chaeyoung was seeking the same courage she had to reject the girl before, to tell her to stay.

" Don't go" Chaeyoung said still looking at her. Tzuyu stared but had to look away, the other's eyes looked like were going to burn hers.

" I won't if you don't want to" Tzuyu said looking at their joined hands.

" You can stay for as much time you want... As we used to be" Chaeyoung quickly whispered the last part but Tzuyu heard, she heard and wasn't sure if she felt more hurt or relieve. After all she doesn't want Chaeyoung to be just her best friend again but, she wants the girl to be happy, comfortable and safe, not letting anything to bring her down and if with Tzuyu being only her best friend would make her happy, so it will be. Chaeyoung wasn't sure why she felt her chest burning, but it was there and it was different, it felt thrilling and Tzuyu was there with her, just by her side, reachable. She understood that just with some words she made the girl stay. She didn't feel lonely or weak. Tzuyu was there again, like they were before, like she always wants to be. But, when Chaeyoung looked at the girl again she still can't see the same sweet girl from before, things aren't like they were and she is smart enough to tell that pretending will not help them. She can feel that even in her being something is different, because she can't recall the last time she blushed so hard with just the feeling of Tzuyu's hand together with hers, or if it ever happened. Chaeyoung looked at the girl, really looked and an unusual chill ran down her spine, Tzuyu is beautiful, even beyond it and she can't breathe, she just can't come up with the sense of oxygen filling her lungs when the other girl suddenly noticed the stare and grinned at her. They were still near that marked tree, just waiting to proceed but slowly feeling the time stopping just like they used to be around each other, but for a much more different reason as them can tell.

************************************************************

" AAAAAH" A loud scream echoed in the four walls of the room, Momo's breath was hitching and her eyes were closed, she couldn't look at the damage, she doesn't want to, it's like it's worst when she sees the vivid blood running down her feet to the floor.

" Tell me, Momo" Her name rolled out Kyulkyung's lips in a nauseous way, the latter had been able to make her crack just a little bit, but enough to get her name.

" The next will be your fingers, I'm getting bored" Kyulkyung said pouting and pressing her slender fingers on Momo's injuries. And that was just her feet, the vampire grabbed the knife and cut the sides and mostly the arches of her feet with small and deep cuts, she was slowly crawling up to Momo's toes until it was almost reaching her toe nails. Momo can't look, already tastes like blood from too much screaming, she doesn't want to cry, not in front of that monster, just wants to pass out or disappear.

Suddenly, Kyulkyung put the knife down and sat in front of her, Momo really just wanted to kick the smirk out of the other's face but she knew it would be worse.

" You know, you're really a good find Momo" Kyulkyung said passing her fingers down the girl's leg, Momo closed her eyes again and that earned her a squeeze on her newly made wound, she groaned.

" I'm hungry, you know, we can continue this later, we have time I think" Kyulkyung said chuckling.

" Bye" She leaned in, really close to Momo's face and patted her head, giggling. She left the room and everything got dark again. Momo looked at her feet and tried to move them, pain, only pain. She knew she was weak, the only meal she had was the day before if she can recall, they are feeding her only to survive, she doesn't even have enough oxygen in that little room, so it's really tiring. Momo hung her head down and clenched her fist, she tried to be strong, holding all information she thought it should be precious but she felt so powerless and in the brief of giving up to release her last breath but, after some minutes, the door was open again, she closed her eyes, as if a cue for guessing her attempt of giving up but she preferred to die than telling them.

" Kill me" She growled not even looking up.

"... No" Somin's voice echoed in her ears so Momo looked up in surprise, the other was taking a tissue out of her pocket and carefully cleaning her bruises.

" I brought food" Somin said sitting by her side.

" What are you doing? " Momo said slowly.

" It will be easier to walk" Somin said, the other looked at her with a curious gaze.

"... Look, I really shouldn't be doing this" Somin said still trying to clean Momo's wound the best way she could.

" I shouldn't be helping you" Somin said under her breath.

Momo saw a sparkle of hope waiting for her.

" We need to get out of here" Momo said.

" I have friends, they wouldn't care if you're human and they are probably searching for me" Momo practically mumbled the last part, still not sure.

" Really?... Then... I want to get out of here, all of my tries just ended with them forbidding me from eating so, I don't know how we can escape"

" We'll figure out, trust me" Momo said nodding her head.

" Ok. I can't take this place anymore" Somin said starting to give Momo the food. That woman was trapped there since she was a teenager, she was kidnapped to be a slave and now in her adult days she only sees two paths, escape or death, that place messed with her brain and being, she was losing herself, everyday a bit more and so, when she met Momo and her incredibly unshakeable hope, she knew she couldn't let that happen anymore and that her own salvation was there. Somin's hopes resurged and now Momo has a way to be free of that painful chains, but only if they succeed.

*****************************************************************

The girls decided to continue their walking through there, hopefully they will find something. And they did, what they expected.

" Holy , they have a castle" Sana said when they really saw the place.

" Shh" Jihyo shushed her.

" How are we going to save Momo?" Chaeyoung asked.

" Shh"

" If she is there" Jeongyeon said.

" I think she is" Sana said.

They were crouched trying to hide in some huge fallen tree there, they could see the entrance and some guards near the gates.

" Let me think" Jihyo said sitting down. The sun was starting to set down. She understood that the night is more dangerous around there.

" Holy , get down" Mina said making them practically lay on the floor. A group of three guards was getting near the place they were hiding. Dangerously close, the guards even stopped near the tree to look around, the only one still breathing was Jihyo, that was thinking about any possible scenarios of them getting out alive. With a spray of luck and some seconds of lying dead, the eight girls successfully were able to relax again when the guards started to go away from there.

" Now what?" Dahyun softly whispered curious.

" I didn't know they were so organized..." Nayeon wondered.

" I may have a plan" She said, looking where the guards were.

" What are you doing?" Jihyo whispered harshly.

" I'm going to fight them" Nayeon said like it was obvious and brilliant. It was not.

" Im Nayeon get back here or I'll kill you myself" Mina whispered losing her incredibly balanced composure. Nayeon looked back with open in awe.

" Trust me Minari" She said and blew a kiss in the air. Mina glared.

" We're ed" Jeongyeon said when she saw the older almost tripping. She decided to follow right after Nayeon to prevent her from doing something wrong. A branch, a specific one, broke when Jeongyeon stepped in, the two were really near the three guards that were right in front of a huge metal gate of what they believe it is the vampires' base. Nayeon looked terrified when their eyes flashed at her, they smirked, she ran back to the girls. Jihyo shot up from where she was hiding and called their attention, there was no turning back, she realized that if the guards called back up they would be captured and everything ruined. Tzuyu was with her eyes wide while the others ran, she even heard the vampires chuckling behind her before starting to get inside the woods following the other girls. They were trying to be silent. Jihyo made a sign for them to disperse, for those who understood, that means just Mina and Chaeyoung, ran away to a different location that they were going to, but the three guards followed them and there was nowhere to run anymore. Chaeyoung gave a look at Mina, that understood as a signal to engage into battle. Mina nodded as Chaeyoung sprinted forward, giving enough time distracting for Mina to pull her knifes and kill two of them, the last was really near Chaeyoung and after a misstep of her, was able to make a cut on her arm but Mina finished him with a kick on the back and knife on his throat.

" Are you ok?" Mina asked seeing the small bit of blood.

" Fine"

" YOO JEONGYEON" They two heard Nayeon saying, more like yelling and they were really near so they ran to there thinking that something else had happened.

" Are you stupid or something?" Nayeon raised her voice in annoyance.

" No, your genius plan got us into it" Jeongyeon yelled back. Like they weren't running away and trying not to make noises like, seconds before.

" But you did it all wrong so it's your fault" Nayeon retorted at her.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter