eight

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is kind of lame but... :/

 

 

 

That morning came like a flash, as expected, the warm sunlight covered the big house but the heavy atmosphere bounded with the chill air and it could be noticed by anyone that paid enough attention. Even in her bad days she could be fine and bright, it was like a special ability, but even in her good days she could see the hint of worry behind her eyes when she faced the mirror, the same eyes that were envied by everyone because it seemed like they could take a soul within them like it was nothing. Sana breathed sharply and with her unmistakable bright smile, left the room where her brothers were, to change to appropriated clothes for the following events. That unreasonable smile left her lips and the same worry she tried so much to hide folded her thoughts one more time, right there she was worried about everyone and so how her presence would be the one to make them less worried or try to reassure them that everything was fine, but inside, she couldn't believe it for a second. Her burning thoughts suddenly made her remember how she once felt like a disposable thing, like she was alone, even if she had her family by her side all those years but, always felt a missing piece, until she started to trail a path through her worries and reason about the same gap she feels when she thinks much about it. It was like the moment of reflection she didn't had for a while.
' I'm not alone' Sana thought, her head was resting at the back of her chair and she closed her eyes. Things were coming into her mind along with the flashing memories of the past years and her sudden thoughts of loneliness but, were all interrupted when she remembered the person she waited the most, and so, that Mina was finally there, even with everything in risk. With that, she started to feel silly in thinking she was ever alone. She knew that time was passing and so she had to prepare, getting up, she walked to near her bed but, she noticed an object placed there near her clothes, and she was shocked, tightened and she felt like crying right there, her eyes were already stinging when she stood closer from the big weapon that someone- that she believes it was her brother- placed for her to fight in her journey. A black katana case was placed on her bed, with bright silver details regarding the moonlight, Sana felt even dizzy, that marvelous weapon once belonged to her mother and it was stored for the heir of the family, that means, the one that would be bound to lead them or at least worth of the glory.
She stepped closer and a little reluctant, picked the weapon up for a better look. The black case matched her own clothes that she will wear in battle, it felt so light, different, made to be when she noticed that it shaped exactly on her own hands like an unfinished puzzle finally completed. Curiously, she wondered what was beneath the case and started to unpack the katana, shivers ran down her spine when she saw the unbelievable sharp blade in front of her, shaded like the sky at night, almost pitch black but glistened by dim stars and so leaving a sight of a deep dark blue to be seen. Sana though that someone must be joking with her, she didn't feel exactly good enough to receive the mostly guarded weapon in their family, but yet she was, even with the unsettling feeling of not being good enough, a small note she only noticed a minute later was aside the weapon and assured her that it isn't a joke, she is the one to bring peace for them, so the same one to take that old and incredible weapon on field.
' How the heck am I going to do that?! ' She thought leaving it on her bed again and walking side to side of her room, she started to bite her nails and look nervously at her things.
' Are they insane or something?' Actually, thinking about running away from there, her worries were interrupted by someone knocking on her door.
" We're almost ready" One of her guards said.
" Just a minute" Sana yelled back.
"Oh God, help me " She murmured while walking to wear the proper clothes to battle. Most of the clothes wore in battle were specially made to survive the most hideous territories, with her was no different. With clothes pitch black and (unnecessary)gold details, she prepared herself, it was amazing how everything matched her perfectly and she felt powerful wearing that, it was beautiful and comfortable, also hugged her curves like nothing she had ever wore and she gulped down looking her own sight at the mirror, she looked like a true leader at least, even when she knew she was just another person trying to do some action. Her hair up on a ponytail and ready to leave, she hesitated, anxious. Her hands trembled when she put her weapon secured on her waist, they were expecting for her, she has to be ready and endure with the pain in her heart when she thinks about failure, or if she lost someone, she wasn't the smartest one and her clumsiness sometimes made her seem unreliable but her joyful being remained trying to do everything not to fail.
*****************************************************************************
At the night before their leaving, little they knew that somewhere far away, a group of people were mostly engaged to find the same enemies as they but, they had the advantage of knowledge as their strongest point. Knowing what really had happen and why all of that was happening was a privilege only known by Dahyun's father that was supposedly dead or lost somewhere; little did they know that all this time he was just waiting and planning. He knew the time to face everything would come, from the shadows he watched, gathered people to help him and proceeded his plan of conquering the entire pack he once belonged to. The thing was, that was just the beginning. His bloody and mixed up memories only added to the pile of thoughts when he remembers his purposes.
A unexpected thing happened at that morning, his group was being followed but they didn't know who, yet. Jinyoung was the first to volunteer to find out, knowing who probably was, he ambushed the culprit and gave a sharp look at him.
...
Minatozaki Ayato was fast on his actions, he had quickly found them but was already discovered, he hasn't been careful enough but it didn't matter, he was only there to talk anyways even with anger filling his mind.
...
" What do you want?" Jinyoung asked Ayato, putting his weapon down.
" To understand" Ayato said with a serious tone.
Jinyoung knew he couldn't deny that, he found them after all and incredibly fast.
" Follow me"
Walking through a border city without care, they entered some sort of hotel to find the others, their stay was temporary so they often got in places like that.
" He is smarter than we thought" Jinyoung said when they got in a room. There was the rest of the people, including Dahyun's father. Ayato's blood boiled in anger seeing that same smile from years ago.
" I couldn't expect less from him" Dahyun's father said.
" Tell me" Was the first thing Ayato said. Clenching his jaw, Dahyun's father noticed the hurt on Ayato's eyes, he surely felt betrayed.
" We should tell him" Jinyoung said.
" You're right... Look, I didn't mean to hurt you but I had to do all of that. Honestly attacking your pack wasn't my initial plan but when I knew you couldn't hold back the power from the Hirai's, I had to, to protect everyone" Dahyun's father said.
" Are you saying that it's my fault? You should have told me instead of killing people. You deserve what you had Kim"
" Really? But, would you believe me if I had told you from the beginning? This is bigger than us and the pack, I mean to protect everyone even our own race, with Hirai in the power all of us would be killed" Kim said already annoyed.
" What the are you talking about?" Ayato said clenching his fist.
" I am taking about the ing vampires and their attacks. A whole pack was destroyed, Ayato. A freaking pack, they are unstoppable. This is monstrous but, with me controlling your pack, WE could have made the difference" Dahyun's father snapped out.
Ayato was with his mouth hanging open in awe. It was true that the vampires were currently a subject on the earlier days because of the sudden outburst of attacks that no one knew why it was happening.
" What are you going to do now?" Ayato asked thinking fast.
" They are after me, they know I know too much... And it’s that same bastard, he is the leader of the vampires now and he wants revenge. I need an army to take them down" Kim said softening his gaze with preoccupation.
" And you came after us... Count me in" Ayato said shocking everyone, he wasn't the type to run to battles or the type of being reasonable with people, even being kind.
" It will be dangerous, and we need to take Hirai down first, he can't be on our way" Jinyoung said quickly.

" Ok" Ayato said agreeing.

...
But little did they know that actually, another pack was fully ready to go against the same vampires they were talking about, the girls were preparing without even knowing half of the truth, and all of them didn't know that that sudden action would interrupt everybody's plan to conquer the hierarchy.
**********************************************************************************
At that time of the morning, hearing loud laughs coming from a room was an unusual experience in that usually quiet place but, with the other girls there to make the most absurd jokes, no one could keep it quiet. They were supposed to prepare their equipment and leave, they actually did that earlier on that day, packing backpacks, weapons and with their designed clothes for the fight, they were all together and distracted to feel the pressure that everyone else was feeling. Jihyo was the one to call them together, even with the most fool act of them, especially Momo, she could read the hidden lines of most of them telling how actually worried they were. That one person in the room intrigued her though, Jeongyeon was sat staring outside near a window, far away from the others, there were just some of the girls but yet, she kept her distance. Jihyo did think of talking with her but no words came in her head to start a conversation so she just smiled to the other girl when she came in; Jeongyeon was at the other side of the huge room but noticed the girl coming in, since no words could be interrupting her beside how unexpectedly precious that smile was for her, she just waved to Jihyo and locked her gaze on that not so interesting window. Jihyo actually wished that her smile could tell the other the words she was so reluctant to approach and say, that everything is going to be ok, or at least she tried to lift the other girl's spirit with that, she was satisfied when Jeongyeon waved to her after so, Jihyo focused her attention at the other girls until Dahyun started to leave the room claiming that she forgot something and had to pick up.

Everybody saw a (attempt of a)devilish smirk on Momo's face when she eyed Dahyun's backpack laying on the floor near her own feet, Jihyo knew that look and, also smirking, nodded her head to Momo like saying she understood what she was thinking ( if that is possible), Momo picked up the bag of materials, opened up with the intent to take something and hide it, she passed Dahyun's lantern to Tzuyu that hid on her pocket, and passed the bag along also to Tzuyu, that used the advantage of being taller to push the backpack on top of a shelf that she thought it couldn't be noticed by Dahyun. Everyone giggled with the childish act but they didn't expect less anyways, Mina initially shook her head in disapproval but joined the play to see how Dahyun would react.
" What is going on here?" Nayeon said getting in the room half smiling, half curious.
" We're pranking Dahyun" Chaeyoung said.
" Can I join?" Nayeon said enthusiastic.
" Sure" Jihyo stated, then she proceeded to make a plan with them to mislead Dahyun in thinking that she lost her backpack.
" Right" Momo said and thumbs up to them.
With quick nods, they sat, minding their own business around the room, pretending that everything was fine, Nayeon left to proceed with the plan. Surprisingly, a minute later, Dahyun entered the room with quick steps just to find everyone unusually quiet, but she shrugged that off and started to look for her things to do a final check. After looking around a little, her gaze landed where she was sure she left the bag but, her thoughts were interrupted by Nayeon entering the room with a surprisingly familiar item.
" Who was stupid enough to leave a bag full of equipment in the hallway?" Nayeon asked trying to sound annoyed.
" It's mine" Dahyun said running in her direction.
" Take care of your things better" Jihyo seriously scolded her.
Dahyun sulked thinking about how and when she had time to lose her bag, a lot of unsure thoughts were in her mind, she was starting to accept that she must had banged her head somewhere to forget about how she forgot her backpack. Momo noticed the confusion and wanted to laugh, but instead she opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter