three

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:Sorry if this chapter is awkward or cringey, I don't know what was wrong with me when i wrote it. Good Luck (*thumbs up*)

 

 

Momo and Jimin just got from their task. They are tired both mentally and physically but, before Momo could leave him, he grabbed her arm and make they face each other. They were in a certain distance from the huge entrance of the town, the place is surrounded by trees so they got close to a tree to get cover from the sun.

" So, did you think about what I said?"  He asked smirking.

She looked angrily at him, that devilish smirk. But didn't say a thing.

" I was paying attention in you Momo... And your proximity with Dahyun lately."

She looked at him in shock.

" What?"

He smirked again.

" Looks like you like her a lot, am I right?"

She lowered her gaze angrily.

" So, here is the deal. If you accept me, nothing will happen to her."

Her eyes sparkled in anger, a deep shade of brown. Her claws and fangs already trying to come out.

" Don't you dare."

" I don't care Momo"

Momo grabbed his arm and twisted, he groaned in pain as she banged his head on the tree.

" You won't lay a finger on her"

She let his arm go.

" Think about it Momo... Even your father agreed with us being together. I have many friends that could hurt Dahyun and even you. Be careful with your desires."

He stepped back after seeing her face full of anger, she was ready to strike him but, she thought about Dahyun, she won't let anyone hurt her and she knows about her father's influence.

" Let's do like this. I won't tell your father about Dahyun if you accept to be my girlfriend".

She thought deeply. For now, she assumed the responsibility.

" Deal" It seemed more reasonable because fear was creeping in her mind about Dahyun being hurt again.

Momo got in her house shortly, not wanting to extend the inevitable convivence with Jimin. Her mind didn't leave Dahyun and how she would react, if she became brave enough to tell her about it. Her heart aching about the latter.

' What if she doesn't even care.... '

********************************

Sometimes Momo likes to drawn. She isn't really an artist and have skills like Chaeyoung, but drawing makes her ideas flow. Who sees her thinks she is just dumb because of her behavior but her deep thoughts says otherwise, no one has to know about it not even Dahyun for the time being.

It was about three days after she got back and made the deal with Jimin, somehow, he spread that they were dating and some people were congratulating them. They think that the two are really a couple. Jimin makes an effort to get close but Momo doesn't even care.

Only Mina and Jihyo knows the truth.

She was in her bed, playing with papers and pens until someone knocked on her door.

" Momo, get up to practice"

Her mother announced.

" Ok"

She didn't have to get up because she didn't sleep, the next step of her life worrying her.

She got up, made her morning routine, wore some comfortable clothes and headed to practice.

Momo wasn't feeling that well when she entered the room, she was the first to go there and was waiting for the others, but when she saw Dahyun coming to get something there, a bright smile left her lips. Even if she is tired Dahyun make her feel alive. Until she noticed that the latter didn't even look at her, she was colder than usual.

" Dahyun" 

Dahyun was near the door ready to leave, she stopped and tried to smile.

Momo got near her and smiled.

" How are you?"

Dahyun turned and faced Momo.

" I'm ok" She said touching her nape embarrassed. It's been two days that she knows about Momo and Jimin, she wasn't going to let her jealousy show, after all, she realized how much she likes Momo.

" You don't look ok."

Momo lifted Dahyun's chin.

" Look at me" But Dahyun looked down again. The atmosphere was getting intense.

" I've heard about you and Jimin... Congrats." 

Momo sighed and nodded.

' I should tell her '

" Is not like that... I only did it because of some things... He isn't the one I like." Momo was starting to blush.

Dahyun bit her lip trying not to smile.

" Really? Then why?"

" T-To protect someone" Momo made Dahyun look at her again. The two just stared each other.

" Ok, I should go"

Dahyun started to turn her back.

"... Dahyun wait"

Dahyun stopped and looked at Momo. Momo was trying to calm down and be brave, so she got close to Dahyun staring at her eyes. Dahyun was in awe with the sparkle of Momo's eyes and stayed in place, her heart jumping out of her chest when Momo put her hair behind her ear.

" You look so cute today Dahyun" Momo was just saying what she felt, her heart beating so fast as she ran a thumb in one of Dahyun's cheeks.

Dahyun was froze in place she didn't know what to do and Momo was never this close to her. She felt butterflies in her stomach with Momo's touch. Her cheeks getting redder.

...

Until they heard someone talking and getting closer to the room.

Dahyun stepped back and left the room. Momo stared at the floor, her heart was beating so fast, she bit her lip in frustration but didn't dare to chase after Dahyun. She looked up and finally saw that the others were getting there to practice. It was going to be a long practice after this, she wanted to just kiss Dahyun, it was so frustrating.

Dahyun practically ran out of there, she ran to the roof to think. As soon as she got there, the sweet breeze of the morning hit her, it was a little cloudy and the wind was getting stronger. She placed a hand on her heart and saw how fast it was beating, she could feel her red cheeks and bit her lip in frustration.

' What was that about? '

She stared at the streets filled with people while thinking about Momo's actions.

*******************

Tzuyu POV

Momo is always so weird around Dahyun. When we got in the practice room Dahyun was so red and just ran pass us not even talking, so we entered the room just to see an also red Momo.

My hand is much better so I can keep up on practice.

Chaeyoung looked hurt, I know her for time enough to tell. All of our thoughts were the same about Momo and Dahyun, something happened. Mina and Jihyo practically ran to Momo and started to surprise her with questions, Chaeyoung and I stared, waiting for an answer but Momo said that everything was ok and that nothing happened. Until we noticed the way Momo was smiling. Me and Chaeyoung knew about Jimin, but we remember when Mina said that Momo doesn't even like him, so it must be a reason behind it. Chaeyoung looked down, I think she saw something in Momo's smile.

The morning was odd somehow, Chaeyoung didn't dare to talk, she was so quiet. As her best friend, I tried to make her smile with some lame jokes, I'm glad I can be this close to her to hear her laugh every time, it makes me feel better when seeing her cute dimple.

Now it's pass mid-day and everybody stopped to eat. Me and Chaeyoung are going to eat in my house today. My parents left to work and we are alone in my room playing some games before going to practice again, our routine it's getting tougher because we are preparing to head in a long mission, but my instinct tells otherwise, I can sense that somethings are being hidden from us and that they were using us for some purpose, my father and the others in the council are giving as less information as possible. For now, all we can do is wait for the next step, until we know the whole truth.

I rested on the couch and started to focus on the game we are playing, Chaeyoung is still quiet and it's freaking me out, she didn't even eat all her food.

" I won again woohoo" She is really bad in this fight game, I beat her every time.

" I don't want to play anymore" She is staring at the screen that says: you lose.

" Let's play something else"

" No, I don't want to play" She left the controller and is getting up.

" Is something wrong?" 

She laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

" No"

I got up and walked to her. I'm laid on her side and stared at her eyes.

" Is Dahyun, isn't it?" For much that it hurts talking about, I am her best friend.

" No" She just kept staring.

I decided to make a bold move so, I embrace her by the side as placing my head near her neck.

" What are you doing Tzuyu?"  She is trying to free herself. I embraced her tightly. Luckily, she embraces me as well, seeing I won't let her go and we adjusted so she placed her head on chest.

" It's ok to tell me" I can feel my eyes tearing up.

A few moments passed with us like that, enjoying each other's warmth. It's a gloomy afternoon, my window is open so we can feel the chill air entering.

" Tzuyu... I can't" Her voice is cracking. I can feel tears staining my shirt.

" It's ok" My tears are building up. She brings me closer, what makes my heartbeat go crazy. I faced the window, I know she won't let me get that close again, she won't let me in on her heart because she is like that, but what can I do, the only thing I understand is that I love her, since we became friends.

I slipped one of my hands to her cheeks, make her look up at me and started to dry her tears away with my thumb. She stared at my eyes, her beautiful eyes showing some sort of sadness.

"I like you Chae" I mumbled. My heart is beating crazily and I don't know why I said that. Tears are leaving my eyes as I deepen the embrace, I can sense the smell of her perfume and her heavy breathing. She is sobbing.

" I-I'm sorry Tzuyu I can't" She is crying so much and I don't even understand why, she faces down again and rests her head on my chest.

'Maybe she is broken like me. '

" Don't cry, it's ok" I'm crying too.

It hurts so much.

' I know she likes Dahyun...'

She let me go and sat lazily on bed. She lowered her head, her back facing me.

I got up and hugged her from behind. My heart going crazy and my cheeks burning.

" Let me go Tzuyu" She is calming down.

" I know you like her ...." 

I rested my head on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, she froze momently.

She started to play with her fingers and looked down.

" Do you really like me Tzuyu?" She said sighing.

I embraced her tightly.

" So much"

She is quiet again and placed her hands above mine.

"... I don't want to break your heart "

' You've already did '

She started to take my hands of her but I tighten the grip.

" I don't care. You're still my friend Chaeyoung, e-even if you're not mine" 

I care about her before anything else.

She got up and finally faced me.

" I can't correspond your feelings right now. You're my friend and I don't want to hurt you but I don't understand what is going on in my heart."  Her eyes are red from the tears.

I'm sat in my bed and my vision is blurry so I looked down.

" I know... Tell her that you like her. If she likes you, you two can be happy at least."

I closed my eyes but I can feel that she is getting close. She put my hair behind my ear and lifted my chin to face her.

" I don't deserve you" She then kissed my cheek what made me melted inside and confused.

" I have to go now. I need to make up my mind."  I'm looking down h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter