two

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: idk what I'm doing :3 .                             

 

 

After a week, Dahyun was still helping with the tasks around the practicing buildings, she prefers to help rather than doing nothing at all, so she found time between the warriors practice basically storing the material they used. Sometimes she gets dizzy from the effort, looks like her body isn't fully adjusted to the changes anyways, making her feel this way. The most awkward part is when she had to retreat materials to be clean, they were full of blood, so some times, she can sense and even hear the blood sliding in some weapons; her heart runs faster every time this happen and despair takes over her. She didn't tell anyone though, her worry in being sent home and feel useless takes her aback in doing so. The good side is, she can see her friends often, Chaeyoung always talks with her when they bump into each other, even Tzuyu gets along with her; Mina and Jihyo often ask how she's doing; who really frustrates her is Momo, she doesn’t even make efforts to talk with Dahyun, just ignores her presence when she's around. The problem is, Dahyun thought that things were going to change between them, she even makes the effort to try to let Momo in her life again but Momo's actions aren't showing the slightly interest in Dahyun, so she is choosing to ignore her as well, until she can't anymore.

******************

Momo stopped her tracks after seeing a working Dahyun outside of the building, she was taking some new supplies into the practice rooms. She was impressed that Dahyun got there even before her, looks like she is making a remarkable effort.

Momo POV

I'm letting myself being atracted unconsciously at the sight, Dahyun red hair is up in a bun, she is wearing a white hoodie and jeans, so simple yet so beautiful.

' What's wrong with me today? '

I only realized that I was staring when Mina placed a hand on my shoulder.

" Eyeing something interesting?"

Mina can be annoying sometimes. She knows everything about my past with Dahyun. Gosh, she even keeps me updated every time she talks with her.

" Err, nothing. Let's go."

I'm heading to my favorite training, Archery. It involves every bit of my attention but it's worthy. I love when the arrows swings in their air right in the target, when I hold my breath to stead my movements and the gasp that leaves my mouth every time I shoot them.

Today I think I will let myself be drained in practice. There is too much worry in my clan about the next target of our pack.

Mina is leading me to see if we can spot Jihyo around, it's early so the halls are kind of empty but, knowing our newly resigned leader, she would be here even to open the doors.

" Ya, Momo!"

I look to my back and Jihyo is looking angrily at me.

' What did I do wrong this time??!'

Mina let me go and told that she has to drink some water. I'm all alone in this one.

" Why did you miss combat practice yesterday?"

She smacks my shoulder with a punch.

" Sorry, I was doing some task with my father."

Her features softened and she locked our arms to lead to the practice room.

" Hm, try not to miss it again"

Well, at least she understands about my responsibility with my father. Most of the people think that he will be the next Alpha of our pack because of his influence, and me being his only daughter and his successor, will be considered the second in charge. I don't want it though; I prefer the thrill of the fight rather than being stuck in this town.

Soon we arrived in the outdoors area behind the building. I can see that Tzuyu is not here yet, she is my bow partner because there isn't much of werewolves preferring the bow, so I will prepare and wait for her to start the practice. Mina and Jihyo left to a strategy lesson, I think they will find Chaeyoung there. I started to put gloves in my hands to prevent damage, as I tied my brown hair in a ponytail to prevent any mistakes, I noticed someone entering the area and realized that Dahyun was coming by with a huge box in her hands. She just passes near me, settling the box on the ground behind the targets and left, not even looking at me. I can't blame her, I think I have to make the first move if I want to be in touch with her again, she is not the type who talks first and I am being stupid again to let other influences between us. She doesn't look that good though, she almost tripped trying to pick up another box.

' Screw this '

Third Person POV

Momo grabbed a bottle of water and walked into Dahyun's direction, the latter was walking into the area again to place some box with repairing material for the targets. Dahyun looked uneasy when saw Momo coming in her direction, she looked down and tried to pretend Momo wasn't there.

Momo got in front of Dahyun and offered the bottle to her.

" You should drink something"

Momo said smiling. Dahyun finally looked at Momo while placing the box on the ground.

" Thanks" She murmured and grabbed the bottle from Momo's hand blushing a little.

Momo got down and grabbed the box, turning around while Dahyun was drinking water. Dahyun placed the bottle on the ground and looked confused at Momo.

" What are you doing?"

Momo only turned her face.

" Helping" Momo giggled with Dahyun's confused expression and kept walking.

" I don't need your help"

Dahyun walked to her and stopped in front of Momo, trying to get the box.

" Just... let me help you"

Dahyun raised an eyebrow, not even surprised with the latter's actions. So, she let Momo take the box to the designed place and Momo turned to her.

" Not even thanks?"

" I didn't even need your help"

Dahyun turned her back and tried to walk away, but Momo grabbed her hand and made her turn to face her.

" I saw you almost tripping out there, you looked dizzy. Are you ok? "

Dahyun took her hand from Momo and glared at the latter.

" I'm fine"

" You don't look fine Dahyun"

Dahyun looked at the ground in anger.

" Why do you even care?"

She saw Dahyun's eyes sparkle a bit when she looked up.

" It's just... I care about you."

Dahyun glared at Momo and turned around.

" So, stop caring"

Momo let her be as Dahyun practically ran to inside of the building again. She doesn't know why she is feeling guilty, she didn't do anything wrong with Dahyun, yet, the other is pushing her away.

Tzuyu got there just in time to see Dahyun kind of mad and leaving to the other side of the building. She looked at Momo sat on the floor and staring at nothing in front of her, so she walked to Momo, what got her out of her thoughts.

" What did you do with Dahyun? She looked mad."

Momo got up and fixed her clothes.

" I don't know, I just helped her."

Tzuyu only nodded looking at Momo.

" Let's start, Ok ?"

Momo nodded as Tzuyu leaded the way to the targets area.

Dahyun POV

' What the hell that girl wants from me? '

I wandered in the hallways calming myself. I don't even know why I got that mad with her presence. I'm heading to the main door of the building. I need to calm down.

' Wow '

I almost fell. My head got so dizzy suddenly. I can see people rushing behind me to outside of the building, I turned around and finally see... A boy with his arm bleeding, it's a huge wound open and I think he is heading to the hospital... I place my hand in the wall and stare to the floor, with my head low, waiting for them to pass by. I can sense the blood sliding out of his wound when they pass by me. I can feel my blood boil and my claws dig into my palms as I clench tightly my hand...

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I look up to meet Chaeyoung, Mina and Jihyo worried gaze.

" Are you ok, Dahyun?" Chaeyoung said looking at me.

" I'm fine" I took her hand from my shoulder and tried to walk outside to breath some air, but she grabbed my hand and stopped me.

" Wait, you look pale. I was going with them but they can handle it." She is still holding my hand tightly.

" She is right Dahyun. We will go with them and keep you updated Chae" Jihyo says and takes Mina with her in outside's direction.

" It's ok, you can go"

" No, let's go to the infirmary"

She is leading me to the halls again.

' Damn it, I just need fresh air '

Third Person POV

Chaeyoung only let go from Dahyun's hand when they got into the small infirmary, made for minor injuries, she was blushing from the contact but preferred to push those thoughts away. Dahyun looked uneased and tired, so Chaeyoung thought about taking care of the girl there.

Dahyun sat on a chair and calmed down her breath.

" You should take care better Dahyun. Don't push yourself."

Chaeyoung said and handed Dahyun a bottle of water.

" I'm fine. Just needed some rest"

Chaeyoung still wasn't convinced by the girl's statement.

" You look pale" Chaeyoung said and sat on a chair by Dahyun's side, she placed her hand on Dahyun's forehead and stared at her eyes, she was drowning in her look, Dahyun's eyes looked beautiful by the sun light that sipped through the window. Chaeyoung unconsciously slides her hand to Dahyun cheeks and Dahyun froze in place, not sure what to do. Chaeyoung's gaze shifted from her eyes to her lips but Dahyun grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and took gently out of her face, finally getting Chaeyoung out of the state she was being.

" So- sorry Dahyun. I think you have a small fever so it's better for you to rest"

Chaeyoung got up abruptly and turned her back to Dahyun.

' What is happening? '

Dahyun was more than confused with Chaeyoung's actions and thought about changing the subject to chat about anything, to see if the atmosphere of the place gets lighter.

" S-so, what happened to that boy?"

Chaeyoung turned to face Dahyun, her cheeks still slightly red.

" Jihyo got too rough on him, he fell and his sword got in his arm"

Chaeyoung sat again but staring at the floor.

" Oh, ok"

" Yeah, he will be fine, but his blood got all over the floor"

Dahyun flinched with the idea of a pool of blood in front of her.

" Were you heading home earlier?"

Chaeyoung got more comfortable to ask her.

" No, just getting some air"

" The roof is a got place to get some air"

Dahyun looked down as Chaeyoung looked at her.

" Yeah I've been there..."  She practically whispered to herself.

" What?"

" Nothing" Dahyun smiled at Chaeyoung to reassure her.

" Yet, you should take a break from all the work, you know. You're still recovering"

Dahyun looked down again.

" I will. Don't worry"

" S-sure" Chaeyoung cursed herself for stuttering.

Some time passed and the two didn't dare to break the silence, until Chaeyoung got up and looked happily to Dahyun.

" Dahyun, I had an idea. There is a place you will like. Let's go"

Chaeyoung grabbed Dahyun's hand again, the latter didn't mind but Chaeyoung was glad she could be like that with Dahyun. When they got near the door, it was surprisingly open by a crying Tzuyu and stressed Momo.

Tzuyu looked directly to Chaeyoung's hand and saw that she was holding Dahyun's hand. She clenched her left fist in anger.

Momo looked at Dahyun and she looked away, she also noticed that they were he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter