0- PROLOGUE

Red River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:Good Luck.

*******************

Dahyun was in the fight practice room, alone, her thoughts wandering about some new weapons that she needs to test before leave for her task, she is with her black hair tied in a ponytail, her black gym clothes are sticking as she punches one of the punchbags, sweat sliding from her forehead, visible bruises on her barely covered fists, the clear lights of the large room almost hurting her eyes from the lack of sleep.
Suddenly, she heard a loud noise coming from outdoors and halted her movements in curiosity.

"Get up your little mutt"

She heard as she opened the door just to meet two boys fighting in the hallway of the practice building, with a little crowd surrounding them. It was the start of dawn, she noticed looking at the large window in that hall.

'Woah, I kept up all night' She thought ignoring the scene near her.

"Ah, you're going to pay me your son of a b*tch"

She could only stare as one guy, she recognized as Oh Sehun, trapped the other boy underneath him, on the ground, and began to punch him, the guy on the ground was Yazawa Hiro, the son of the Yazawa scientists.

"He was probably testing some toys around and Sehun got angry at him"

 She heard one of the girls in the crowd saying.

"Probably Sehun broke one of Hiro's experiments again" Other girls said while giggling.

'Hm, stupid '

Then, as she thought that, a loud growl could be heard, one of the boys was starting to turn, he triggered his transformation into a wolf. He pushed Sehun to the side and stood up.

'Oh sh*t!'

The boy that was in the floor began to growl loudly and his eyes were starting to turn white, sweat and blood mixed together, his claws dug into his palms.

"Enough! "

Suddenly they heard a voice shouting , coming from the big doors in the end of the hallway, it was one of the Master Werewolves of the pack.

'Ok, time for me to go'

Dahyun entered the room again, grabbed her backpack and some weapons she brought, and looked at the crowd disappearing as leaving the room when the Master restrained the boy with a tranquilizer and grabbed Sehun along with him to be punished. Soon, she left the building without caring too much about the fight she just saw. In fact, it was pretty common seeing Oh Sehun fighting in the small town they live, he is one of the members of the considered "gang" of wolf trainees along with Kai, Yuta, Jimin, Hoseok, Suga, Jihyo, Mina and last but not least Hirai Momo. All the trainees in the pack would fear confrontation with the gang because they are considered the strongest, but Dahyun was confident that they just ignored her presence. She was not the strongest or the smartest, but she knew her ways into the medieval looking town.

The streets were still a little dark and too cold to be in, so she just sprinted to the old looking mansion located in the middle north of where she was, the practice building, that is used by the werewolves in training. She clenched her backpack firmly and ran to a small place near the mansion before going to there.

*************************

She opened the door with her spare key and started to unload her weapons' bag.

" Hello my dear"

A voice could be heard from the back part of the store.

"Oh, hi uncle" She entered and left some weapons on the balcony.

"Sorry I couldn't test all of them" She said with a pout as her uncle came from the backdoor and started to see the condition of the weapons.

"It's ok, go home, eat and rest, I will take care of the damage" Her uncle said, a smile left her lips.

"Ok! Thanks"

She left the shop and got in the path directed to the mansion, her eyes burning with the light, her head hurting and her arms sore as her stomach craved for something to eat.

*****************************

Dahyun was raised by her father's friend, that she calls uncle Jinyoung, but now she lives in a small room in the mansion by request of the Alpha, Minatozaki Ayato.

Dahyun is different from the other werewolves, she is half human by her mother's side, because of that her father was banned, they considered a crime to smear pure blood with human's blood, one of the most decreased races nowadays. She started to get bullied by the other kids in the neighbourhood, and one day when she almost got killed by a beating, the Alpha request shelter for her in there, after the Council approval, she started to live in the old big house; Her healing is also too slow and she doesn't know if she can turn into a wolf.

****************************

That afternoon it was going to happen a meeting of the Council to decide who are the trainees designed for their first mission to get intel from the vampires.

The Council consist of a voting board of the five mostly influential families of the pack. The Hirai's, Chou's, Minatozaki's, Park's and Son's.

The Minatozaki family is the current Alpha's family and it was for the last 100 years, but the Hirai family is the most influential and powerful of the board.

This mission will contain trainees from the last grade, the oldest, and the second to the last grade. Dahyun belongs in the second above.

She and the others have to prepare and be well rested if they were called.


Dahyun POV

'I'm finally home, thank god'

I just throw myself on the bed as I begin to strip to take a shower. My room it's not really big, but it has a bathroom and it's near the kitchen, my favorite place. The tiredness is really getting me, but I have to shower first. I get up from bed and enter the bathroom to begin a long shower, the preparations for the mission will start soon and I have to sleep before that. I did my usual routine and left my room to the kitchen.

'I need food' My stomach hurts.

I left from my room and as soon as I lock the door and turn to the kitchen, someone bumped on my right shoulder.

"Oh sorry"

I look to the person and I'm in shock to see the beautiful Hirai Momo with a plate full of Jokbal running from the kitchen. She left me in awe with her scent in the air, a smile on her lips, she looks in my direction and waves goodbye, her beautiful blonde hair swaying as she starts to run faster and grabs the door to leave this hall to the big entrance of the mansion. She is a good warrior and probably in a hurry because of the mission too.

'She is so beautiful'

My thoughts wandered from my hurting stomach to her curved lips and pretty eyes, that I just saw.

" Oh, Dahyun"

I was interrupted from my daydreaming by a maid from the kitchen calling me to go eat already because I have a high possibility of getting in this task as a weapon master trainee, to recognize some of the vampires' abandoned arsenal.

********************

After about 15 minutes, I am full and ready to sleep until the early afternoon to the big announcement.

The people in the mansion are in a hurry because of this mission; it's the start of a new group of warriors and probably future masters.

My room is really quiet though. I'm just lying in my bed, but the tiredness got me and I sleep immediately. My worried dreams filling my imagination with insecurity about the days that has to come and the new line of training from the masters if I get chosen.

*******************

My alarm wakes me up one hour before the announcement. I'm going to take a shower and get my things ready. I wear some light clothes, a cap, and left to the center of the town to hear who will be chosen by the council.

Every trainee from my class and the upper class is here, some with a hopeful look and some with worried eyes. My eyes just searched for my uncle but instead I saw myself staring at the full gang that Hirai belongs, she is near her friends Mina and Jihyo talking and laughing.

'They will probably get chosen anyways'

Third Person POV

After sometime, when the sun started to descend and the moon started to shine brighter, the Alpha got in the announcement place, getting full attention of the huge crowd that surrounded the big area in the center of the town. A brief round of applause was given to their leader and the council behind him started to give him the names, he cleared his throat and started to announce the nine names designated for this mission.

"First, I would like to point that this mission is highly important to the future of the pack and for those who are just interested in skip classes or finish the initial training soon, just leave please because this is serious and any mistakes could be fatal"

The crowd went dead silent while hearing that.

"So, let's start" He cleared his throat and started.

"Hirai Momo" Momo got up before fist bumping with her friends, she walked to the designed area and waited for the others to get called.

"Myoui Mina"

"Park Jihyo"

"Min Yoongi"

"Park Jimin"

There was a pause before he started do tell the names from the other class. All the names called were from the oldest class. They all sat in the designated areas while waiting for the others.

"Son Chaeyoung"

"Chou Tzuyu"

"And last but not least, Kim Dahyun" He said with a smile.

The crowd started a round of applause for the chosen, but Dahyun could hear some people talking and whispering about her selection, she was expected to go in this mission because of her knowledge in weapons, but some people didn't believe that the alpha would allow her, being half-blooded, to go in a mission so soon.

They gathered together near the council to handshake with the leaders.

"They are going to be leaded by the Master Seo Dae-Jung and we hope they get back in four days, hopefully with the new intel needed for the first attack against our enemies" The Alpha said, and the crowd just applauded as they start to disperse.

The no longer trainees in this case went to their houses to prepare for leaving. They leave by midnight when the moon is up and full in the sky.

***********************

Momo POV

I'm currently walking in the armor room in our house to grab some weapons with my father. He is mumbling some stuff but I'm still thinking about the group I will be attending for my next years of training. I actually find curious the decision of three people chosen in the other class, usually just one is chosen from the younger classes and most of the times, the best. I think Chou is the best in that class, especially with strategy plans and Son got the higher notes in medicinal and healing test, really a prodigy, so she must be needed if things get somehow bad.

'Oh, Dahyun is also coming, I'm glad she could join'

I pick up my double knifes and my dad hands me a bow with gold details. I'm in my battle suit and preparing the weapons in my bag and pockets. My thoughts are wandering about Dahyun joining this task because, we used to be friends; not anymore anyways.

Flashback -Momo

 When I was about 10 years old my mom usually took me to buy things with her, sometimes we went to the small shop near the mansion to see and, if we were lucky, test the new weapons made by Master Jinyoung. My mom was a great warrior in her days and her interest in weapons didn't decrease with time. Master Jinyoung was kind enough to let me test some things, and when my mom was talking with him, they would let me play with the girl he takes care. Dahyun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter