Ch.8

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.8


~Last time~

 

“I guess we'll have quite a bit of time getting to know him then, since it doesn't seem like the storm is letting up.” Jeonghan said again, looking up only when he was done stirring.

 

“I guess so.” Alex said, walking into the kitchen.


~Now~

 

“So..you are all Korean?” Alex asked, sitting on one of the beds we arranged after we all ate.

 

“Ninety-nine percent of us are, the other one is Australian.” I said, leaning against the couch.

 

“Must be a lot of you.” he mumbled, crossing his legs.

 

“Yeah, there is. So, other than your name, is there anything you can share with us? Age? Birthday? Birth place? What happened to the people you were with?” Miri asked, looking directly at Alex.

 

“Name is Alexander Hansen. I was born and raised in Norway. Birthday is October 1st, 1987. I'm twenty-nine years old. A group of seven leaving Norway took me in after they found me stranded on a roof. We headed towards the nearest boat basin we could find and left on a boat big enough for all of us. I'm sure you guys know the struggles of being out at sea. We lost four of our people on the way here. Not long after landing, a group of American's attacked. I ran as fast as I could hoping that at least one of my group members followed, but obviously that wasn't the case. I hid out on a roof in town, wild place that is. Saw you guys drive by earlier today and decided to follow. The storm caught me right on the outskirts and I ended up soaked. Then I finally found where you guys had gone.” he said, not really moving a muscle.

 

“That explains the accent.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“You don't seem surprised.” Alex said, looking between the four of us.

 

“One of our members were taken by said American's. Her and two others escaped and they are now apart of our group as well. The American's seem to make it their goal to keep foreigners off of their land.” I said, looking down at the couch before looking at him again.

 

“What brings you to California?” Miri asked, leaning her head to the side.

 

“On a radio, we heard that it was one of the few places that hadn't been overrun. Seems just about everywhere has gone to now.” Alex replied, twiddling his fingers.

 

“Do you want to ask something?” Jeonghan asked, raising an eyebrow at his hands.

 

“Do you have room for one more person? I have no group and I know I will not make it on my own. I'm hoping that if you got your member back alive, then maybe the remainder of mine is alive as well.” he said, not looking up at us.

 

“That's not up to us.” Jihoon said, moving to lay down on the couch.

 

“I thought she was the leader?” Alex asked, looking at me in fear.

 

“I am one of three leaders. We'll bring you back with us, but what they say is what you will go by.” I said, laying down as well.

 

//The next morning//

 

“The storm has passed. Let's get going.” Jihoon said, waking everyone up as he walked into the living room.

 

“That was a pretty short storm.” Alex said, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes.

 

“Yes, well...thunderstorms don't usually last long.” I said, glaring at Jihoon for waking me up.

 

All he did was show me tongue.

 

“We have to get all this stuff in the car and then we can leave.” Miri said, looking down at the pile of bags on the ground.

 

“Let's get started then.” Alex said, standing up and grabbing as many bags as he could.

 

The four of us stared at each other before shrugging and doing the same.

 

“How far away is your base from here?” Alex asked, putting the bags in the trunk.

 

“About an hour or so.” I said, moving to stuff in mine as well.

 

After putting at the bags in, nearly unsuccessfully, we headed back to our base.

 

“Do you think the others will like me?” Alex asked, watching as I drove towards the town.

 

“Well, a good majority of us are already dating, so it's not possible.” Miri said, looking out the window.

 

“Not the way I meant.” Alex mumbled, wiggling around in the middle seat.

 

“It's possible. HyunAe likes chubby cheeks, so if you hear someone scream, cover your cheeks as fast as possible.” I said, looking at him in the rear-view mirror.

 

“Is this it?” Alex asked, leaning forward as we pulled up to the building.

 

“Nope. Just a bunch of Koreans waiting outside for no particular reason.” Jihoon said, shaking his head.

 

I shook my head before parking the car and getting out.

 

“We were starting to get worried.” Sooyun said, walking up to us as we all climbed out.

 

“The storm was hell so we decided it would be best to wait it out.” Jihoon said, moving to the trunk.

 

“With the threat of American's, who could be anywhere, try not to stay gone so long.” JR said, heading towards us with Chung Gi.

 

“Who is he?” Chung Gi asked, watching Alex get out of the car.

 

“Alexander, or just Alex. He came banging on the bloody door. He comes seeking refuge, more or less a group to stay with. He's Norwegian.” Miri said, waving her hands around.

 

“We can talk about it when everything is inside.” JR said, glancing at the guy before going to the back of the car to help.

 

“How is Suye?” Jeonghan asked, looking at Joshua.

 

“She hasn't left the room since you guys left. She does allow people to come in and talk to her though.” Joshua said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“I guess that is a good thing.” Jeonghan said, heading inside to go see his patient.

 

After everything was brought in, the others put it away. Chung Gi, JR, Alex and I headed towards JR's room.

 

“So what all has he told you?” JR asked, opening his door and heading straight for his favorite chair.

 

“Quiet a bit. He's twenty-nine, born October 1st. Him and seven others left Norway by boat, but only four made it to shore. Not long after they were attacked by our most favorite people in the world. He'd been hiding out on a roof in town before he saw us drive by on our way to the other building.” I said, sitting down on the couch next to my brother.

 

“Ah, the American's. So three of them were taken by American's?” Chung Gi asked, looking at Alex.

 

“Yes. Two women and a man. Our original group was evened out to four men and four women, but we lost three women and one man out at sea. Another boat of survivors had an infected on board and it wasn't a pretty sight when he turned. We left all of the ones who were bitten on that boat and took off with ours.” Alex said, looking down at the ground.

 

“Every man for himself. You can stay, just as long as you don't touch anything that isn't yours.” JR said, waving his hand.

 

“I'll show him where he can sleep.” Chung Gi said, leaving the room with Alex following behind.

 

“I don't like him.” I said, still sitting on the couch.

 

“Why is that?” JR asked, looking at me amused.

 

“He followed us. It's a little on the creepy side. Not to mention his group was stupid enough to let another boat get near them on the water.” I replied, glancing at the door.

 

“So you don't trust him?” JR asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Both. I don't like him and I don't trust him.” I said, standing up and getting ready to leave the room.

 

“Well, don't do anything I wouldn't do.” JR said, standing up and following me to the door.

 

“And what wouldn't that be?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

JR leaned forward and kissed my lips lightly.

 

“That.” he mumbled, but I didn't really hear it as I walked out of the room as fast as I could.


..........and....that's all for this chapter. I love JR, I really do...but he pulls off a bad boy image really well, so he is going to stick with that the entire story. I hope you guys like the story so far and i'll see you next time :)