Ch.10

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.10


~Last time~

 

“Goodnight.” he replied, a laugh in his tone.

 

He lightly kissed the back of my neck before holding me a little tighter.


~Now~

 

It's been a week since we found Alex and brought him to be a part of our very big and still growing group. Not much has happened since then and it seemed a bigger storm was rolling in on California. The group was thinking of finding more vehicles before jumping to a different city. It would take quiet a lot of vehicles, but seeing as a good majority of this city is long gone and left their cars behind, it shouldn't be that hard to find their keys.

 

“Are you guys sure you want to risk heading out?” I asked, looking at Chung Gi.

 

“It's the best chance we have to get away from this storm. Besides, you're the one who said staying in one place for too long is dangerous.” Chung Gi said, looking back at me before looking at JR.

 

“It is pretty dangerous and more people seem to be coming in from all over the place. We should leave before the storm hits. God knows what it'll bring with it.” JR said, refusing to look up from his intertwined hands.

 

“That's true. We should head out to look now then. Who comes up with the separating plan?” I asked, glancing at both of them.

 

“You are best at separating the groups equally. You can come up with it.” JR said, rubbing his head.

 

“Is it really that hard?” I asked, putting my hair into a pony tail.

 

Ever since we started staying indoors more often, I kept my hair down. Needless to say, most people were shocked with how long it actually was.

 

“There are thirty-nine members in this group. It is pretty hard when there are so many people to keep track of.” Chung Gi said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Goodness. I forget how many of us there are now. Hold on.” I said, standing up and looking around JR's room.

 

“What are you looking for?” JR asked, watching me from his favorite chair.

 

“Do you have a pen and paper anywhere?” I asked, glancing at him before quickly looking around the room again.

 

JR stood up without saying anything and grabbed what I asked for.

 

“Any reason for the paper?” Chung Gi asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

 

“If there is anything I at, it's mental math.” I mumbled, sitting down and started scribbling down numbers and separating the groups evenly.

 

“You write fast.” JR said, watching with amazement as I quickly scribbled before looking up.

 

“I'm a writer. Here you go.” I said, handing him the paper.

 

He quickly skimmed over it before nodding and handing it to Chung Gi.

 

“You have...no chill.” Chung Gi said laughing, putting the paper down on the table.

 

“You asked me to do it, so there.” I said, shrugging my shoulders at him.

 

“How did you write so many names so god damn fast?” JR asked, watching me mess with my hair.

 

“Writer.” I said, rolling my eyes a little.

 

“Is that your answer for everything when you write?” Chung Gi asked, watching me.

 

“Yes. We'll need all of us in order to find the cars we need..not to mention the keys. Guaranteed there will be a lot of zombies out with the storm coming. We have to work fast, get back with the vehicles, and pack. Then we can leave.” I said, leaning back against the couch.

 

“Alright. Who gets what group?” JR asked, looking between Chung Gi and I.

 

“We all know i'm taking Miri. So I claim the group with only three girls. Myself, Miri and HyunAe.” I said, looking at the sheet of paper.

 

“I'll take Elyza, Alicia, Sooyun and Suye.” Chung Gi said, leaning over to look at the paper as well.

 

I passed the paper to JR.

 

“That leaves me with Hyun Jung, Hana, Jihan and Jiwoo.” JR said, nodding and putting the paper down.

 

“Let's head down and tell them now so we can all get ready. It's still really early in the day so we've got plenty of sunlight.” Chung Gi said, standing up off his seat.

 

We all headed down and called the group into the kitchen.

 

“We've got a mission that all of us are going on. I want everyone to be alert and ready. Since there are more males in the group, watch and make sure the girls are safe. They are an easy target for the Americans. We will get the biggest vehicles we can find, come back here and pack everything we can. With that storm coming in there is bound to be trouble. We'll be hightailing it out of here before it can even hit.” JR said, standing in between Chung Gi and I.

 

“Watch each others backs. With this stupid storm on it's way, there will be more zombies out. Take care of them quietly if you can. One is easy, but a heard is too much even if there are thirteen of us in each group. If you see a heard, find a roof to hide out on until it passes. Find the vehicles and keys as fast as possible and all of us will meet back here.” I announced, glancing over at Chung Gi.

 

“It doesn't matter how many vehicles we find, as long as they are big enough to get us and all of our stuff out of here. The list for who goes in what group is on the table, feel free to look at it. Let's go get ready.” Chung Gi said, waving his arms to dismiss the giant group.

 

“I'm finding a jeep.” Miri said, bouncing up to hers and Jeonghan's room.

 

“Of course you are.” I said, running into mine and Jihoon's room to get ready.

 

I grabbed my fighting clothes out from the bottom of my clothes since I haven't used them in a while.

 

“You sure you want to use those tights?” Jihoon asked, watching me from behind.

 

“Is there a problem with them?” I asked, looking down at them.

 

“There is a hole in the knee area remember?” he said, nodding towards the giant hole.

 

“Ah. I forgot about that.” I said, quickly glancing at my knee.

 

“Here. I found these while they were sorting through the clothes we brought back.” Jihoon said, digging in the drawer before handing me a pair of black tights.

 

“Thanks.” I said, quickly putting them on before pulling on my shorts.

 

I finished getting ready while Jihoon got on his clothing.

 

“Do you want me to braid your hair?” Miri asked, busting into the room.

 

“Jesus. It's a good thing Jihoon was already dressed.” I said, turning to look at said male quickly.

 

“Well that didn't answer the question.” Miri sassed, walking into the room.

 

“Do you guys color coordinate your outfits?” Mingyu asked, walking by the bedroom.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked, looking up after I zipped my jacket.

 

“Pink, purple, blue, yellow, red....you and the girls are all wearing colors. Well...except the two new ones. Elyza is wearing black and Alicia is wearing gray.” he said, watching me as I moved to put on my boots.

 

“Oh...yeah. We do that a lot actually.” Miri said, climbing behind me on the bed.

 

“Stop staring or I will choke you Kim.” Jihoon said, glaring at Mingyu.

 

“Can you even reach my neck?” Mingyu asked, quickly turning and running away.

 

“What was he staring at?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow at the door before looking at Jihoon.

 

“Both of you.” Jihoon mumbled, moving to put his shoes on.

 

“But....he's gay though.” Miri and I said, laughing at each other.

 

“Just finish braiding her hair so we can go.” Jihoon grumbled, fixing his hair into a small bun.

 

“Someone's grumpy.” Jeonghan said, entering the room.

 

“Let's go.” Miri said, bouncing of the bed.

 

“You're hair is really freaking long.” Jihoon said, looking at my hair.

 

“I know.” I said, grinning at him as we walked out of the room.


….........and that's all for this chapter :D The group's list will be down bellow if you want to know who is in what group. The next chapter will also have a list, but it will be the list of vehicles they all find (might even add pictures) XD See you guys next time <3


~Chaeri's group~

 

  1. Chaeri

  2. Miri

  3. HyunAe

  4. Jihoon

  5. Jeonghan

  6. Minghao

  7. Yoon Hye

  8. Wonho

  9. Hyun Ki

  10. Minhyun (Nu'est)

  11. Junhui

  12. Soonyoung

  13. Alexander

 

~Chung Gi's group~

 

  1. Chung Gi

  2. Myon

  3. Sooyun

  4. Suye

  5. Baekho

  6. Joshua

  7. Elyza

  8. Alicia

  9. Hyunseok

  10. Wonwoo

  11. Mingyu

  12. Aron

  13. Minhyun (DM)

 

~JR's group~

 

  1. JR

  2. Ren

  3. Dino

  4. Seokmin

  5. Hyun Jung

  6. Hana

  7. Jihan

  8. Jiwoo

  9. Hyun Jae

  10. Seungcheol

  11. Seungkwan

  12. Vernon

  13. Ji Hyun