Ch.6

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.6


~Last time~

 

“Let's head home.” JR said, looking as well before fixing the backpack on his shoulder.

 

After we arrived at the hideout, everything was put away before we ate lunch. Jihoon, Miri, Jeonghan and I went to Jihoon's room to write and sing as we waited for time to pass by.


~Now~

 

Days at the hideout always seemed to go one of two ways. They either went by really slow or they went by so fast you won't even remember what happened the next day. Today was a slow day. Everyone was either cleaning or in their room doing what ever they pleased. Jihoon and I were in our usual positions, him at his desk writing a song and me on the bed, writing my book. Jeonghan had someone got Miri to clean the kitchen with him and they also baked a cake for no reason. Soonyoung was choreographing a dance with Dino, Jun and Minghao. HyunAe and Hyun Jung were, of course, right there watching them dance. JR and Ren were in their room doing god knows what. A few of the members were out back doing target practice. Suye tended to stay in the infirmary, aka Jeonghan's room, and read with Joshua sitting near by. It was a pretty long, boring day for everyone.

 

“I'm so bored.” I said, moving my notebook and pencils to the side to fall backwards onto the bed.

 

“Why not go help Miri and Jeonghan clean?” Jihoon asked, looking up from his book of lyrics.

 

“Haha very funny. It may be spring, but I refuse to do any spring cleaning.” I said, not moving from my position.

 

“Target practice?” he asked, getting out of his seat and walking towards me.

 

“Are you saying I at aiming?” I asked, looking up at him as he moved closer.

 

“Not at all. For someone so bored you really are picky about what you want to do.” he said, sitting next to me on the bed.

 

“Because I hate staying in this house. We still have stuff at our old hideout that we could move here.” I said, sitting up quickly.

 

“Like what?” Jihoon asked, glancing at me before looking around the room.

 

“Food, clothes, random stuff that can be used around here.” I said, waving my hands around.

 

“Then go ask Miri and Jeonghan if they'd like to go. All four of us can take the car and stuff as much as we can into it.” he said, moving off the bed.

 

“You go do it. If they say yes then I have to change out of my pajamas.” I said, looking down at the pink pajamas I had found in one of the houses.

 

“I'd have to get dressed too.” he said, motioning towards his sweat pants and longer-that-him hoodie.

 

“I'll go in the restroom then.” I said, showing him tongue.

 

“Show me tongue again.” he said, watching me leave the room

 

I closed the door behind me and headed towards the restroom, nearly running into JR on the way.

 

“Everything okay?” he asked, watching as I looked behind me.

 

“Yeah. Going to change out of my pajamas...finally.” I said, holding up my handful of clothes.

 

“Any particular reason why?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Jihoon and I are going to ask Jeonghan and Miri if they want to follow us to my old group hideout to bring all the stuff we got here. Or at least stuff as much as we can into the car.” I said, watching him as he moved around me.

 

“Be careful.” he said, getting ready to head towards the kitchen.

 

“Always am.” I said, smiling at him before going into the restroom.

 

Ever since our groups officially joined together, JR has been a lot nicer to all of us and even attends dinner. Although i'm pretty sure Ren drags him to the dinner table against his wishes. After getting dressed and fixing my hair, I walked downstairs to see Jeonghan and Miri waiting for me in the living room.

 

“We already agreed.” Miri said, bouncing up and down.

 

“Are you that excited...and who told you?” I asked, watching as Miri stopped to look at Jeonghan.

 

“JR told us and yes, she really is excited. I think she hates cleaning.” Jeonghan said, watching nod her head so fast she could probably snap it.

 

“Are you trying to break your neck?” Jihoon asked, walking down the stairs.

 

“What of it...short person?” Miri asked, watching him come closer to us.

 

“I'm still taller than you by five inches.” he said, looking at her with a blank face.

 

“That's what you think.” Miri said, running towards the front door.

 

“Did she just....?” Jeonghan asked, not wanting to say the word.

 

“Make a size joke? Yes...yes she did.” I said, trying not to laugh at Jihoon's facial expression.

 

“Thank god Dino isn't around...let alone Hyun Jung.” Jeonghan said, shaking his head his girlfriend.

 

“That's what you think.” Dino said, walking past us and into the kitchen.

 

“Ninja.” I said, watching the younger one disappear.

 

“So....are we gonna go or was this trip 'short' lived?” Miri said, still making size jokes.

 

“We are coming panda. Stop with the jokes before Jihoon actually blows a gasket.” I said, watching Jihoon turn an unhealthy shade of red.

 

“What....he's your first boyfriend and i'm your best friend. Jokes are something I have to do.” Miri said, shrugging her shoulders.

 

“Wait....I'm her first boyfriend?” Jihoon asked, the red leaving his face almost immediately.

 

“Yes.” Miri said, nodding her head slowly.

 

“That is bull.” Soonyoung said, walking into the room and looking at me.

 

“I'm right here.” I said, shaking my head at the ground.

 

“Is it true?” Soonyoung asked, looking between Miri and I.

 

“Yes. Most boys I ever hung around were too intimidated by Chung Gi...well...except Hyun Ki.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“You never dated him?” Jihoon asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Nope. No matter how much my brother and his sister tried to get us together. I always saw him as another older brother since his younger sister is like a baby sister to me as well.” I said, watching Soonyoung slowly sit down.

 

“Talk about friend-zoning.” he mumbled, slowly hugging the side of the couch.

 

“Is he okay?” I asked, looking over at Jihoon.

 

“He'll be fine. Let's get going before the panda explodes with built up energy.” Jihoon said, grabbing my hand as we left the house.

 

“So who's driving?” Jeonghan asked, holding up the key.

 

“I'll do it.” I said, grabbing it from his hand and going to the drivers side.

 

“Do you have a license?” Jihoon asked, slowly getting into the passengers seat.

 

“It's the apocalypse. Rules and regulations don't apply to anything, including driving.” Miri said, high-fiving me from behind.

 

“Oh god.” Jeonghan said, putting his seat belt on and making it lock.

 

“Oh Jisoos.” Miri and I said, laughing when we realized we said it at the same time.

 

“I am, for once in my life, afraid to sit in the passenger side of a car.” Jihoon said, holding onto the armrest.

 

“I've driven before and I had my permit you know. I just never had the chance to get my full license.” I said, mumbling the last part out.

 

“Why not?” Jihoon asked, turning to look at me as I the car.

 

“The apocalypse dear.” I said, putting the car in reverse and heading towards the old hideout.


…...............this is a fairly short chapter compared to the last few chapters, but it was written at 2:30am so please forgive me. The next chapter will bring in some unwanted guests as we get closer to meeting more people, both friend and foe. Thank you for reading, if you have read this far. Goodbye for now <3