Ch.12

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.12


~Last time~

 

“Nothing we couldn't handle.” she said, whipping it away as best as she could.

 

“Let's go get packed.” Jihoon said, grabbing me by the arm and leading me inside.


~Now~

 

We spent the rest of the day packing and discussing where we should go next and how to find a place big enough for all of us to stay in. It was a pretty interesting conversation considering not all of us had even left Korea to venture out into the world. We mostly had to rely on the few members of the group who grew up in California or around the surrounding area. The Chinese members, save for HyunAe, were quiet the entire time. Elyza and Alicia weren't much help either, living in Australia their whole lives. The same goes for Alex, only with Noway. We also had to talk about how weird it would look if anyone saw a giant group of vehicles going in one direction and how much attention it would grab. The next morning was a hustle as we loaded all of the vehicles and covered the beds of the trucks with tarps in case it rained. The groups were arranged the same way it was while getting the vehicles with only a few driving alone. Jihoon and I were third in the long line of cars as we sped out of the city. The easy plan was to head towards LA unless it was completely overrun. If that happened then we would be leaving California and heading towards Las Vegas. It's a good thing a lot of us remembered to siphon gas while we were out looking around in the early times of arriving in San Diego. This would be one hell of a road trip.

 

“Are you hoping that LA is safe for us to stay?” Jihoon asked, looking out the widow as we flew past a few stranded zombies wandering the roads.

 

“A little. However, it would be nice to leave California and see other states.” I said, watching the road as I drove behind my brother.

 

“It would. Didn't you tell me once that in all of the TV shows you used to watch about this kind of stuff Los Angeles was the first place to get overrun?” he asked, turning to look at me.

 

“Pretty much just California in general.” I replied, smiling at the fact that he remembered that.

 

“Do you think the Americans will follow?” he asked, looking up towards the sky.

 

“If they saw us leave...most likely.” I mumbled, not liking the idea.

 

“Do you think there will be supplies in LA?” Jihoon asked, looking between me and the passing scenery.

 

“Possibly, but none of us know our way through there so it could be dangerous.” I said, turning to look at him briefly before turning back to the road.

 

“I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to find a map.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“We can hope it is anyways...if there is anything left of LA.” I said, looking up towards the slowly brightening sky.

 

“Almost time to rotate so you can get some sleep.” Jihoon said, looking at the sky as well.

 

“Yeah...like i'm actually gonna get any sleep.” I said, scoffing at the idea.

 

“Either way. I'd rather not have your brother kill me because you fell asleep at the wheel.” he said, showing me tongue.

 

I showed him tongue back before putting my eyes back on the road.

 

“This is gonna be a long trip.” he mumbled, getting as comfortable as he could.

 

“Most likely.” I said, laughing at him.

 

It's already been well over two hours since we started heading towards LA and so far there didn't seem to be any smoke which was a good sign. It was slowly becoming brighter as the sun came out from hiding and it was becoming clearer that there was indeed smoke in the air, but it couldn't be seen in the dark with how black it was.

 

“Holy .” I said, watching the smoke fill the scenery as we got closer.

 

“Should I be thinking about how long it'll take to get to Las Vegas?” Jihoon asked, looking at the sky in shock.

 

“Not just yet. We need to see if there are any supplies we can grab. If the Americans did follow us...we'll need ammo.” I said, watching as my brothers turn signal came on.

 

“Looks like it's switch off time.” Jihoon said, watching as the car pulled off to the right.

 

We all put the cars in park and met half way towards each other.

 

“Does it seem like Las Vegas is a good idea yet?” JR asked, looking at me with his eyebrow raised.

 

“I don't enjoy your sass you and no. Not yet anyways. Jihoon and I were talking in the car about that before we pulled over. We'll need to find supplies, mostly food and ammo. There is a chance that the Americans followed us out and we need to be prepared. We'll head into the city and see if we can find anything before heading to Las Vegas.” I said, glaring at the guy before turning to my brother.

 

“She's got a point. We should at least try and find something around here. No one has probably come near this city because of all the smoke. We've got a good chance at finding some really good things. We all need weapons, melee weapons mostly. So we can try to find a department store or something. Let's get going though...zombies are starting to notice us.” Chung Gi said, looking at a few zombies staring in our direction.

 

“Time to head into the city.” Miri said, bouncing her way back to her jeep.

 

“This is gonna be fun.” JR said sarcastically, earning him another glare.

 

We headed into the heart of the city before finding a quiet place to hide our vehicles and get out.

 

“We should climb up onto a roof and see if we are in the clear. There is no way this place has been completely abandoned.” I said, looking up at the stair case near us.

 

“Well...that's convenient” Jeonghan said, causing Miri to smack him on the arm.

 

“Let's start climbing.” Jihoon said, heading towards the stairs first.

 

I followed behind him with my katana already drawn in case something decided to pop out of no where.

 

“God...this city is like a ghost town.” Myon said, staying close to his twin and Chung Gi.

 

All of us looked down at him before shaking our heads.

 

“It pretty much is you idiot. Only instead of ghosts...we have freaking zombies.” Miri said, face-palming at her twins idiocy.

 

“You know what I meant.” he mumbled, moving to go behind Chung Gi as a means to hide.

 

We all shook our heads once more before a banging noise caught our attention.

 

“The ?” I asked, looking up in hopes of finding a door.

 

'Bingo.' I thought, seeing a door that seemed to be coming off it's hinges.

 

“HELP! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!” a female voice rang through the ally way.

 

I ran past Jihoon and towards the door and yanked it open. I stared at the girl in front of me before pulling her out and slamming the door behind her.

 

“Screaming doesn't really do you any good.” I said, leaning up against the door.

 

“Well then I must be lucky.” the girl said, helping me keep to door closed.

 

“Who the hell are you?” I asked, putting all my weight into keeping the door shut.

 

“My name is Danay. I don't even know how I ended up here. I got captured by a group of Americans and ran away at the first chance. I've been running ever since.” Danay said, trying to regulate her breathing.

 

“Those bastards seem to be trying to take every foreign person they come into contact with. Are you bitten? Why the hell don't you have a weapon?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowing at the realization that the girl was hardly even clothed.

 

“No bites. I lost my weapon back there. It was only a knife, but it did a pretty good job for the most part.” she said, noticing my gaze at her lack of clothing.

 

“You better be lucky that my group decided to stop in the ally way bellow.” I said, ing my katana between the door and it's lock.

 

“Will that hold them?” Danay asked, quickly looking up as Jihoon, Miri and Jeonghan appeared.

 

“It should for now. We've got to find another roof. This is Danay.” I said, still leaning against the door.

 

“Nice to meet you. I've got closes sitting in the back of the jeep she can put on. Let's get going.” Miri said, turning and running down the stairs.

 

“Is she injured?” Jeonghan asked, glancing at the small girl.

 

“Nope. Not even a scratch. Let's go.” I said, pulling my katana out before we all booked it down the stairs.

 

“You guys run really fast.” Danay said, holding onto my hand as we ran down.

 

“Lots of practice.” I said, making sure not to let her go.

 

After reaching the ally I looked up.

 

“Thank god. It looks like they took to long getting out and now they can't find your scent.” Jihoon said, looking at Danay with confusion.

 

“I'll explain later. We've gotta go.” I said, pointing Danay to Miri's jeep.

 

“She'll help you with clothes. We're going to find a different place to climb.” Jihoon said, also pointing towards Miri and Jeonghan.

 

“The entire city has been overrun. I've been in that place for three days...locked myself in a room and stayed as quiet as possible before a group of those things got in.” Danay said, looking around her and jumping at every noise.

 

“You're safe now. We know how to handle ourselves.” I said, smiling at the girl before she moved over towards Miri.

 

“Let me guess.....escaped from the Americans?” Jihoon asked, climbing into the passenger side.

 

“Yep. Let's hope Miri can get more out of her before we reach a new place.” I said, grinning as I climbed into the drivers side.

 

“Let's get going.” Jihoon said, watching as everyone quickly backed quiet a ways out for Chung Gi, JR and I to get back in the lead.

 

“I already hate this place.” I mumbled, putting the car in drive and following closely behind my brother.


….............NEW CHARACTER!!!! and this time it's a lone girl who was taken by the Americans. Her profile will be in the foreword :) Hope you guys liked it and i'll see you next time <3