Ch.13

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.13


~Last time~

 

“Let's get going.” Jihoon said, watching as everyone quickly backed quiet a ways out for Chung Gi, JR and I to get back in the lead.

 

“I already hate this place.” I mumbled, putting the car in drive and following closely behind my brother.


~Now~

 

We've been searching the city for three days and have yet to come across another survivor. Danay knew her way around pretty well concidering she came from Cuba. Her famiy died, then turned and she ran away, not being able to kill them. She's only twenty so she stays around some of our younger members, but I think that's mostly because she is scared of JR. He wasn't none to friendly when he found out she didn't kill her family before they turned. I had to intervene before she started crying. It's been pretty uneventful since then and we have yet to find a place that hasn't been ransacked by looters.

 

“We should just head to LA. We haven't made any progress since we got here.” Jihoon said, looking at me as I drove.

 

“I know, but i'm still hoping we at least find food.” I said, shaking my head as I followed a good ways behind my brother.

 

“This place is completely deserted. I didn't see a living soul when I ran in and still haven't seen any. This place is a ghost town.” Danay said, looking out the window.

 

This was the first time that she was in the truck with Jihoon and I. She seemed to like hanging around with Miri more, probably because Miri was slightly closer to her age.

 

“Just because there are no people, doesn't mean there isn't any food.” I mumbled, watching my brothers turn signal go on.

 

I followed suit before pulling off the road behind him.

 

“What's going on?” Chung Gi asked, meeting JR and I in the middle.

 

“Ren saw a light shinning in a building not too far ahead. We should approach with caution in case it's the American's.” JR replied, leaning up against my brothers car.

 

“There is no way they are already here. We haven't even seen any other vehicles.” I said, looking around at the buildings near by.

 

“That's why i'm saying caution. We won't engage in a fight unless we have to.” JR said, probably trying not to roll his eyes at me.

 

“Good, because I don't really need a fight today.” I said, moving my head back and forth to pop my neck.

 

“Let's go.” Chung Gi said, glaring at JR when he moved from the car.

 

“He doesn't like people leaning on the car.” I said, smirking at JR's confused face.

 

JR made an 'are you serious' face before shaking his head and going back to his own car.

 

“What's going on?” Jihoon asked, watching as I climbed into the truck.

 

“We are being watched. Don't make it seem like we know.” I said, turning the truck on and continuing on behind my brother.

 

“Any idea who it might be?” Danay asked, shrinking into her seat.

 

“Americans, Canadians...literally anyone.” I said, keeping my eyes strickly on the road.

 

“Let's just hope they aren't looking for a fight.” Jihoon said, resting his arm out the window.

 

We drove slowly past the buildings before speading up again and soon reached a hospital. After we all parked, we met for a giant group meeting.

 

“So...what do we do?” Miri asked, looking around cautiously.

 

“Only three of us are going into the hospital. The rest of you will pan out and search the surrouding areas.” JR said, looking between Chung Gi and I.

 

“Yeah, that sounds good. There should be stores. No one would have wanted to get too close to a hospital during a zombie apocalypse.” I said, nodding my head.

 

“So exactly why are only three people going in there?” Elyza asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Less people means less noise. We will need medical supplies some day.” Chung Gi said, fixing his hair.

 

“Then I guess scissors should be on that list. Quiet a few of us need hair cuts.” HyunAe said, lifting up her hair which was now down to her waist line.

 

“God...how long has it been?” Alicia asked, taking down her hair since she had it in a bun the entire time. It almost went passed HyunAe's own in length.

 

“Definitely.” I mumbled, pulling my bangs in front of my face.

 

“So, which three are going in?” Jeonghan asked, looking around the group.

 

“Me, Jihoon and JR.” I said, not really stopping to think.

 

“Why you three?” Alex asked, glancing between said three.

 

“Chaeri is silent and has good hearing, I am also silent and good at close combat, and JR is good at locating things and is quick.” Jihoon said, glanicng at Alex.

 

“Well then, I guess it's settled.” JR said, cracking his knuckles.

 

“That sounds disgusting.” Ren said, watching JR.

 

“Hey....he got that from me.” I said, glaring at JR as I proceeded to crack pretty much every bone I could.

 

“Now that.....is disgusting and probably unhealthy.” Jeonghan said, watching me in disgust.

 

I just showed him tongue before stetching out my limbs.

 

“We should get this going before we attract attention. We'll meet back here in four hours.” JR said, moving to grab his axe and a switch blade.

 

“We'll see you guys in four hours. Be safe.” I said, giving Miri a hug and glancing at Suye.

 

She smiled lighted and nodded before heading back to her and Joshua's car.

 

“She'll be okay.” Jihoon said, moving to hold my hand.

 

“I know. Let's get inside.” I said, shaking my head and turning towards the hospital.

 

“This is gonna be fun.” JR said sarcastically, twirling his axe.


…....I'm sorry it's been a while since i've updated. I just got a job and things are all over the place now T~T I'll update any time I can and hope you all forgive me T~T Below i'm going to put Chaeri's, Jihoon's and JR's primary and secondary weapons. They all also carry hand guns that I won't be showing pictures of. :)

 

Chaeri's Primary: 

Secondary:

Jihoon's Primary:

Secondary:

JR's Primary: 

Secondary: