Ch.7

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.7


~Last time~

 

“Why not?” Jihoon asked, turning to look at me as I the car.

 

“The apocalypse dear.” I said, putting the car in reverse and heading towards the old hideout.


~Now~

 

It seemed like so long ago that I had last seen the first building we decided to hold up in. Even if it was only a few months ago.

 

“Let's get inside.” I said, looking up at the quickly graying sky.

 

“I wonder what happened. It was so sunny on the way here.” Miri said, quickly adjusting the gate so we could get in before closing it again.

 

“I don't know, but it can't be good.” Jeonghan said, following behind Miri as we walked into the house.

 

“Do you think anyone has been here since all of us moved to the other place?” I asked, slowly moving around the house.

 

“I don't think so. The fence didn't look like it'd been messed with.” Miri said, wandering around as well.

 

“This place is huge.” Jihoon said, slowly walking behind me.

 

“No. You're just short.” Miri said, laughing before running up the stairs.

 

“She's going to the rooms. You can go follow her if you want. Jihoon and I can handle downstairs.” I said, looking over at Jeonghan.

 

He nodded before quickly walking up the stairs where Miri had gone.

 

“She really loves making short jokes doesn't she?” Jihoon asked, moving so that he was right next to me.

 

“Among other jokes, yes.” I said, smiling widely at him.

 

We strolled through the house and grabbed what we could before piling everything near the door.

 

“How long has it been?” Miri asked, stretching out her back as she put down another bag.

 

“About five hours.” I said, looking at the, now very gray, sky.

 

“You guys got a lot of stuff.” Jeonghan said, sitting down with a huff.

 

“No matter how long we've been here...it seems we'll be here a while longer.” Jihoon said, opening the door to look outside.

 

“Why do you say that?” I asked, listening as a roar of thunder filled the sky.

 

“A storm? Now? Really?” Miri groaned, plopping down next to Jeonghan.

 

“At least we have food, water, and beds. The storm will probably knock out the power.” I said, sitting down opposite the couple.

 

“And each other.” Jeonghan said, causing me and Miri to glance at each other.

 

“Ha...GAYYYYY~” we both said, air-fiving each other.

 

“I see why you call each other twin even though Miri actually does have a twin.” Jihoon said, shaking his head before resting it against the wall.

 

“I hope HyunAe unnie will be okay.” I said, thinking about the short, fierce member.

 

“What is wrong with noona?” Jeonghan asked, looking at me.

 

“She's scared of thunder, fire-crackers, fireworks, pretty much anything that makes a sudden loud noise.” Miri said, laying her head on her knees.

 

“For someone who can throw a spoon with deadly accuracy, that's a pretty simple thing to be scared of.” Jihoon said, lifting his head to look at me.

 

“She could be scared of bugs.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“Nope. That's you.” Miri said, making me chuck my shoe at her.

 

“You're scared of bugs?” Jeonghan asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Only the ones that fly at my face.” I mumbled, hugging my legs.

 

“She's also really ticklish.” Miri said, making me glare at her.

 

“Sure. Tell them all the ways they can end my life.” I said, staring at her with a straight face.

 

“I'm sure there are worse ways to die.” Jihoon said, glaring at me.

 

“YAH! Don't glare at my girlfriend.” Miri said, throwing my shoe at Jihoon.

 

“What?” Jihoon and Jeonghan asked, glancing between Miri and I.

 

“I'm gonna sleep.” I said, slowly moving to lay down.

 

Jihoon grabbed my shoulders before turning me and letting me lay in his lap.

 

“That's gay.” Miri said, leaning her head on Jeonghan's shoulder.

 

I shrugged my shoulders and fell asleep quickly, but it didn't seem to last long as a loud pounding noise filled the air.

 

“What is that noise?” I asked, sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

 

“I don't know. We all fell asleep.” Miri said, sitting up as well.

 

“Someone is pounding on the door.” Jeonghan said, glaring at said object.

 

“Do you think it's the group checking to see if we're okay?” I asked, rubbing my eyes after fixing my hair.

 

“I doubt it. They are all probably sleeping by now.” Jihoon said, moving to stand up.

 

“Do you think it's the Canadian's?” Miri asked, making me shake my head.

 

“No way. They aren't making enough noise.” I said, making the others nod in agreement.

 

“Hello? Can someone let me in? It's freezing and pouring down rain. Please! I come in peace.” a male voice said, pounding on the door again.

 

“What is that accent?” Miri asked, moving to get closer to the door.

 

“Is there only one of you?” Jihoon asked, speaking in a firm tone.

 

“Yes. Please let me in.” the guy said, stopping the pounding.

 

“Let him in. It's four against one if anything.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

Jihoon nodded and opened up the door revealing a very drenched man shivering from the cold.

 

“Come in before you get sick. Miri, please find some clothes that might fit him. I'll show him where the restroom is so that he can take a warm shower.” I said, looking right out the door to make sure no one else was there.

 

“Did you not believe me when I said I was alone?” the guy asked, watching as I turned my gaze back to him.

 

“You can never be so sure anymore.” I said, nodding my head as Miri handed him clothes and a towel.

 

“I'll make us all something to eat since we fell asleep.” Jeonghan said, moving towards the kitchen.

 

“I'll help.” Miri said, slowly following behind him.

 

“I guess that leaves me with you two.” the guy said, holding up the clothes.

 

“The restroom is this way.” I said, turning and walking in the direction of the downstairs restroom.

 

“It's a pretty big place for only four people.” the guy said, looking around the building as we walked.

 

“We don't stay here. Not anymore anyways. Came to grab some stuff, but we got stuck when the storm hit.” I said, opening the door and letting him in.

 

“Is there any name we can call you by?” Jihoon asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Oh. My name is Alexander, but my friends just call me Alex or at least they used to.” he said, looking down at the ground.

 

“I'm Chaeri and this is Jihoon. The other couple is Jeonghan and Miri. I'm sure you saw where they walked, so we'll be waiting for you in there.” I said, closing the door on him.

 

“How do you think he survived this on his own?” Jihoon asked as we walked towards the kitchen.

 

“I don't think he's been entirely alone.” I mumbled, walking into the kitchen and sitting down.

 

“Any idea on who he is?” Miri asked, sitting across from me.

 

“Just his name. Alexander, but he goes by Alex.” Jihoon said, sitting next to me.

 

“Do you trust him?” Jeonghan asked, not looking up from the food he was making.

 

“Not yet, no.” I said, messing with my nails.

 

“I guess we'll have quite a bit of time getting to know him then, since it doesn't seem like the storm is letting up.” Jeonghan said again, looking up only when he was done stirring.

 

“I guess so.” Alex said, walking into the kitchen.


…..........weeeee~ an update finally. It's been a week and i'm sorry T~T But today is a special day. Happy 6th anniversary my amazing dance group <3 I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to this new stranger. Baibai for now :D