Ch.14

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.14


~Last time~

 

“I know. Let's get inside.” I said, shaking my head and turning towards the hospital.

 

“This is gonna be fun.” JR said sarcastically, twirling his axe.


~Now~

 

“Stop swinging that around before you actually hit someone.” I said, moving to the other side and away from the twirling axe.

 

“Kay.” JR said, quickly stopping the axe.

 

“Wow. Someone's more whipped than I am.” Jihoon scoffed, looking up as we got to the door of the hospital.

 

“I am not whipped.” JR grumbles, trying to look through the closed hospital doors.

 

“It's probably crawling with walkers. This is gonna be great.” I said, removing my katanas from their cases.

 

“Don't get so excited.” Jihoon said, sowly moving away from me.

 

“Says the one with a pickaxe.” I grumble, watching closely as JR pulls the door open.

 

It screeches the entire way until the dark hallway is filled with outside light.

 

“Is it me, or is it way too quiet?” Jihoon asked, cautiously stepping into the hospital.

 

“Not just you.” I said, my katanas standing ready.

 

“You'd think with it being abandoned there would be some kind of walker activity in here.” JR said, looking at the roof when it made a sparking noise.

 

“Maybe. Unless someone cleared it up before we got here.” I said, kicking a can out of the way.

 

“Are you trying to attract them?” JR asked, turning towards me with a slightly grumpy face.

 

“I'd rather see them now than later.” I said, resisting the urge to flick him off.

 

After that we continued on in silence towards the main hall. The first floor of the three floor hospital seemed completely empty, minus the few rotting corpses and paper all over the place.

 

~No one's POV, Miri's group~

 

The group of ten slowly walked towards a gun store with their weapons ready in case of an attack.

 

“Do you think they'll really be okay?” Alicia asked, walking close behind Miri and next to Elyza.

 

“Yeah. Only three of them seems like they are pushing their luck.” Elyza said, keeping an eye on her girlfriend.

 

“If it wasn't for Chaeri we wouldn't have made it here. She was the one who cleared a good majority of the path to the boat we left on. Not to mention she is also the one who warned us as soon as it happened.” Miri said, not really turning her eyes away from what was in front of her.

 

“What about Jihoon and JR? How good of fighters are they?” Alicia asked, jumping when a can hit the ground in the distance.

 

“We've never seen them fight, but they got their entire group here with no problems so i'd assume they are about as good.” Miri said, shrugging her shoulders.

 

They all turned towards the noise when another can dropped.

 

“Is someone just kicking cans around or what?” Danay asked grumpily, making Miri laugh a little.

 

“Maybe a zombie has a can stuck to it.” she said, shrugging her shoulders before continuing towards the gun store.

 

“Are we always going to volunteer for the gun stores? Cause if so, that's awesome and i'm always gonna sign up for this team.” Elyza said, making everyone shake their heads at her.

 

“Then I guess we have a pretty set team since Miri loves guns...and knives. Hve any of you seen the knife she sleeps with?” Jeonghan asked, looking a little excited over his girlfriend's knife.

 

“She has a knife?...Like...a kitchen knife?” Alicia asked, looking really confused.

 

“A butterfly knife like the one you have doofus.” Elyza said, laughing at her girlfriend.

 

“Ohhh.....” Alicia said, making everyone laugh a bit.

 

“The topic of this conversation quickly changed and now i'm lost.” Danay said, looking at the other members of the group who were whispering amongst themselves.

 

“This is why we don't tune in unless it's important.” Hyun Jung said, quickly going behind Dino when Miri glarred at her.

 

“It's time to open this up and pray for the best.” Miri said, turning and grabbing one side of the wood covering the door.

 

Alex was on the other side and they pulled together, the wood coming off with a loud cracking sound.

 

“Well, that probably got someone or something's attention.” Elyza said, looking back and forth down the road.

 

“Probably. Which means, everyone get inside so I can close the actual door.” Miri said, pointing at the open, perfectly fine, gun store door.

 

“What was the point of the wood? A key would have done a good job of keeping anything out.” Alicia said, pointing at the 'bulletproof' sign hanging on the door.

 

“I'm sure that doesn't mean the door is bulletproof.” Elyza said, patting her girlfriend.

 

“We are in luck.” Miri said, looking all around the store.

 

It was still completely stocked, just like Chaeri had said it probably would be.

 

“Let's grab everything we can and get back.” Jeonghan said, pulling the backback off his shoulders.

 

~Chaeri's POV~

 

It took a lot of convicing, but eventually the three of us split onto different floors. Me being on the first, JR on the second and Jihoon on the third.

 

“It's so boring with no one to talk to.” I said outloud, slowly walking through the halls of the first floor.

 

I continued down the halls at an even pace, hoping to get out of there as soon as possible because the place was giving me the creeps.

 

'What is this?' I asked, slowly moving towards a giant door.

 

I stood on my tiptoes, trying to see inside. It was too dark and I didn't want to take a chance of opening it and it's where they had all the dead so I turned and started towards a different hall.

 

'That wasn't open earlier...' I think to myself, looking at an emergency exit door I had passed.

 

Slowly but surely I made my way to the main hall leading outside where a few walkers were coming through the door. I dashed down the hall before they could see me and continued on my way.

 

“So, why were you running?” JR asked, causing me to jump and turn towards him quickly.

 

“Be glad I know your voice or you'd be headless.” I grumbled, still slowing down my breathing.

 

“Didn't answer my question.” he grumbled back, making me glare at him.

 

“Didn't want a few walkers to see me. They came through the front door.” I said, waving in the direction of said door.

 

“I thought you liked killing them?” he said, slowing his walking to walk beside me.

 

“I do. But i'd rather not have their groaning and screeching attrack others.” I said, noticing his axe was bloody.

 

“There were quiet a bit upstairs. Get's boring having no one to talk to.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Alrighty then. Let's go to Jihoon.” I said, turning towards a set of stairs.

 

“Yay. Stairs.” JR said, making me slap him on the arm.

 

“No one told you to come back down.” I said, showing him tongue before trecking up the stairs.

 

The climb up was silent and when we reached the top floor we knew something was wrong.

 

“Where is he?” JR asked, looking down both directions.

 

“I have no idea, but let's follow the fresh trail of dead walkers.” I said, pointing at a clear trail of blood.

 

“Now I see why you are a leader.” JR said, scowling at the smell.

 

“Get used to it.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

The smell no longer bothered me especially since I had been one of the first to actually kill a zombie.

 

“Should we call for him?” JR asked, putting his hands in the air when I turned to look at him quickly.

 

“That's like me kicking the can downstairs.” I said, staring at him with the straightest face ever.

 

“Right...let's continue on silently then.” JR mumbled, putting his arms down and trecking behind me.


….......JR getting whipped XD.....anyways....I'm sorry again for how late this is as i'm sure you all want this book to end already and start on the third...but we only have one chapter left until this on is over so I hope you all enjoyed it and will stick around for book 3. :D Byebye for now <3

 

Miri's (oh so cool) switchblade XD