Ch.5

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.5


~Last time~

 

“Goodnight Kitty.” he said, kissing my cheek before snuggling into my neck.

 

“Goodnight Pixie.” I said, smiling as I fell asleep.


~Now~

 

Waking up the next morning was a little weird.

 

“Wake up.” Jihoon said, shaking my continuously.

 

“Why?” I grumbled, rolling over to look at him.

 

“Don't glare at me. JR wants everyone in the living room as soon as possible. He almost broke down my door to get in here.” he said, getting onto the bed and moving towards me.

 

“Touch me and i'll snap your fingers.” I said, moving to get off the bed.

 

“Miri wasn't joking when she said you become a murderer if you are woken up early.” Jihoon mumbled, hopping off the bed and towards the door.

 

“Let me get ready and i'll be down.” I said, shooing him out the door.

 

“Kicked out of my own room.” he said, sighing before leaving the room with a smile.

 

I grinned at myself, remembering last nights events as I got dressed. I quickly fixed my hair before leaving the room.

 

“Ready?” Jihoon asked, making me jump.

 

“Have you been waiting for me?” I asked, looking at him and faking a shocked expression.

 

“Of course.” Jihoon said, keeping a straight face.

 

“Let's go before JR breaks the stairs.” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him down the stairs.

 

We walked into the living room where almost everyone was waiting.

 

“Where is Miri and Jeonghan?” Jihoon asked, not letting go of my hand.

 

“Pretty much the same as you two. Only it's Jeonghan sleeping in her room.” Myon grumbled, crossing him arms.

 

“Really?” I asked, turning and looking up the stairs.

 

“Are you two finally a thing?” Soonyoung asked, bouncing on the couch.

 

“Shut up.” Jihoon said, glaring at his best friend.

 

“YOU ARE?!” Dino screamed, running up to us.

 

“What happened?” Miri asked, walking into the living room behind Jeonghan.

 

“KITTY AND JIHOON ARE DATING!” Dino screamed again, looking at Jeonghan and Miri.

 

“WHAT?!” Miri screamed, now very awake.

 

“Is it that surprising? Even Seungcheol and Jihan moved faster than them. Not to mention HyunAe and Minghao.” JR said, crossing his arms.

 

“WHAT?!” Miri and I screamed, looking at our two members.

 

“Hush it.” HyunAe said, glaring at JR.

 

“I mean, now that Chaeri and Jihoon are a thing everyone is gonna find out sooner or later.” he said, not moving from his position.

 

“Would now be a bad time to mention that Chung Gi and I are dating?” Myon asked, causing Miri and I to snap our heads in their direction.

 

“ing. Finally.” I said, shaking my head.

 

“Anyone else want to tell people they are an item?” JR asked, shaking his head at everyone.

 

Elyza and Alicia raised their hands and grinned at JR making everyone laugh.

 

“Okay. Anyone we don't know about.” he said, keeping a straight face.

 

“Miri and I.” Jeonghan said, scooting away from Miri.

 

“HEY! I wanted Chaeri to know first.” she said, moving to whack Jeonghan's arm.

 

“I already knew.” I said, laughing at her red face.

 

“Me and Dino.” Hyun Jung said, quickly hiding behind said male.

 

“MY BABY IS GROWING UP!” HyunAe screamed, running towards Dino and Hyun Jung.

 

“Anymore?” JR asked, holding his face in his hands.

 

Everyone glanced around and sighed in relief as no one lifted their hand.

 

“I think we can finally start.” Chung Gi said, hugging Myon from behind.

 

“Okay. We are going into town again today, but only a few select.” JR said, pushing himself off the wall to walk towards the middle of the group.

 

“And who would that be?” Jihoon asked, still standing beside me.

 

“You, Chaeri, Chung Gi, Miri, Jeonghan, HyunAe, Minghao, Joshua, Ren and I.” he replied, moving around the living room as he called us out.

 

“Okay. So how come only us?” I asked, looking around the room.

 

“Because we are just going for simple things and it'll be good for you to get out of the house.” JR said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“When do we leave?” Miri asked, clearly excited to go out again.

 

“As soon as everyone is ready.” JR said, moving to go to his room.

 

As soon as everyone cleared out and got ready we left the hideout.

 

“Are we going in teams of five?” I asked, raising my eyebrow at JR.

 

“Sounds good. Choose your team and we shall go opposite directions.” JR said, moving to grab Ren.

 

We separated into five and walked off in a random direction.

 

“I missed being with you.” Miri said, holding onto my arm as we walked through town.

 

“I missed fresh morning air and sunlight.” I said, feeling the sun shinning on my face.

 

“I feel so left out.” Jeonghan whispered, making Joshua pat his shoulder.

 

“She'll cling to you soon enough.” HyunAe said, watching as Miri quickly moved to grab Jeonghan's hand.

 

“Nice call.” Jihoon said, moving to walk beside me.

 

“So where are we going?” Minghao asked, glancing around the area.

 

“A restaurant. They always have non-perishables and people never check them.” I said, shaking my head.

 

“Oh. I know just the place.” Miri said, pulling Jeonghan forward so that she could lead the way.

 

We continued to walk until Miri stopped in front of a big building.

 

“How did you find this place?” I asked, looking up at the building.

 

“How could you miss it?” Jihoon asked, laughing when I hit him.

 

“I found it the last time we came into town.” Miri said, making a face at Jihoon's joke.

 

“How do we get in?” I asked, looking around for the entrance.

 

“Please hold.” she said, disappearing before rummaging was heard and a door to our left flung open.

 

“I'm guessing you learned that from Kiki?” I asked, walking into the very empty building.

 

“One hundred percent.” she said, high fiving me as we walked through.

 

“Who is Kiki?” Minghao asked, glancing around the building and watching as HyunAe picked up a spoon.

 

“Hyun Ki.” HyunAe said, smiling at him.

 

We walked around the area quietly before heading towards the back room.

 

“Storage room is around here somewhere...” Miri said, looking around until she found a door.

 

“Do you think that's it?” Jeonghan asked, looking up at the exit sign.

 

“One way to find out.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

Minghao and Joshua kicked the door down before looking outside at the ally.

 

“It is an exit.” Jihoon said, looking at the door with a blank face.

 

We all looked at Jihoon and shook our heads at him.

 

“You really at making jokes.” Miri said, glancing back to the way we came.

 

“I'm not trying to joke....-” Jihoon was cut off by noise coming from outside.

 

“And who are you?” a voice asked, causing all of us to look back towards the door.

 

HyunAe ran to the front to look at the people.

 

“Don't move!” she yelled, holding out the spoon she picked up earlier.

 

“What?” a different voice asked, causing all of the people outside to laugh.

 

HyunAe grumbled before throwing the spoon as hard as she could towards the people who were laugh.

 

“What the hell?” the first voice asked, listening as a thud echoed in the ally.

 

“How the ....?” a new voice asked, looking at the now dead zombie with a gap in its forehead from the spoon.

 

“That's mah woman.” I said, raising my fist in the air.

 

“Get inside before you make anymore noises you dumb-asses.” Miri said, glaring at the group of newcomers.

 

The group of people glanced at each other before shuffling into the building, Joshua closing the door behind them.

 

“Who the hell are you?” I asked, standing in between Miri and Jihoon.

 

“Friendly Canadians.” the only female said, shrugging her shoulders.

 

“Foreigners. How have you not been caught yet? You are so god damn loud and don't know how to listen.” HyunAe said, shaking her head as Minghao patted her shoulder.

 

“Caught? By who?” the female asked, looking at her group before turning back towards me.

 

“I'd like to know names before I say anything to you.” I grumbled, crossing my arms.

 

“Oh, sorry. I'm Lilly and these are my friends. The loud one is Henry and the others are Kris, Lucas, Mason and Carter.” Lilly said, pointing at the different people in the group.

 

“So...Canadians?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“All of us born and raised.” Henry said, putting his hands on his hips.

 

“I'm surprised he's not dead.” Joshua mumbled, looking at the ground.

 

“You said you were surprised we haven't been caught yet...by who?” Carter asked, leaning his head to the side.

 

“You must be the youngest.” HyunAe said, glancing at the boy.

 

“A group of Americans have been going around and taking foreigners. One of our members were taking, but she escaped with two others and now we have her back as well as the two others joining us.” I said, watching from the corner of my eye as Minghao had to hold HyunAe from behind to keep her from pinching the boy.

 

“Well don't they sound...friendly.” Lilly said, shaking her head.

 

“You don't seem surprised.” Miri said, leaning against the wall near her.

 

“This isn't the first American city we've been to. None of them are very friendly when it comes to their territory.” Lucas said, moving around to sit down.

 

“You are by far the oldest person i've seen so far.” Miri said, making all of us gasp at her.

 

“Very bold this one. I do have an amazing group or a lot of luck.” Lucas said, laughing it off.

 

“I'm pretty sure it's luck.” Joshua said, looking behind us.

 

“We have to get going. You guys stay safe out there.” I said, grabbing a bag and walking away.

 

We left the area quickly and made sure they weren't following us before hitting a super marking and then going to the meeting place where JR and his group were waiting.

 

“What took you so long?” Chung Gi asked, watching as we walked up.

 

“More foreigners. We had to make sure they didn't follow us.” I replied, looking around the area.

 

“Let's head home.” JR said, looking as well before fixing the backpack on his shoulder.

 

After we arrived at the hideout, everything was put away before we ate lunch. Jihoon, Miri, Jeonghan and I went to Jihoon's room to write and sing as we waited for time to pass by.


…................and this is where the chapter shall end. More people have been introduced so make sure to check the forward for names and info. The Canadians won't be joining the group, but they will return again at a later time. Thank you for reading and see you all again soon <3