Ch.1

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.1


~Previously~

 

“Oh my god.” I said, holding out my arms for her to come to me.

 

“Unnie....I finally found you guys.” she said, collapsing into my arms.


~Now~

 

It has been a month since Suye returned to us alive, beaten, lost and confused. Her brother almost had a heart attack when he walked in from the kitchen that morning, however he broke down crying when he saw his sister alive. He's been helping her with the new people that we met as well as trying to get her back to her normal self. After Suye returned and told us all she knew JR decided that it would actually be best if we stayed together as one giant group, something about 'stronger in numbers' and like that.

 

//Flashback//

 

“Who did this to you unnie?” Hyun Jung asked, all of us now gathered into the living room after Hyunseok broke down.

 

“I don't know any of their names. They sounded American and were always angry. They kept me in a container, but I wasn't alone. Two other girls were with me, but when they spoke to me I could hardly understand.” Suye said, looking at her brother who was sitting right next to her.

 

Suye was one of the few members who couldn't speak or understand English, the others being her brother, Jiwoo and Yoon Hye.

 

“Did you hear any names?” Joshua asked, leaning against the couch near HyunAe and Wonho.

 

“I heard the name Andrew a lot. I figured he was the leader.” she said, holding her knees to her chest.

 

“Was he the one who took you? The one driving the car?” Hyunseok asked, looking angry, even with the tear streaks on his face still.

 

“No. I never got the name of the one who took me. I saw him when it happened, but after that he disappeared.” she mumbled, slowly shaking her head.

 

“How did you get out?” JR asked, leaning against the kitchen entryway.

 

“I don't know. The door opened and someone, a female, told us to run. Me and the girls ran in opposite directions. I never saw who let us out.” she said, closing her eyes and sighing.

 

“What's wrong?” I asked, putting my hand on her shoulder.

 

“I'm just hoping those two girls got away and found a safe place to hide.” she said, looking down at her scraped knee.

 

“I'll help her in the shower and bring her to Jeonghan when she's done.” Sooyun said, helping Suye up and bringing her to bathroom to shower.

 

“Based on what she said, this 'American' group is dangerous and liked to kidnap people. I think it's better if we stay together.” JR said, watching them leave.

 

“Why?” I asked, leaning against the couch.

 

“Because we don't know how many there are of them. We'll be stronger if there are more of us together.” he said, glaring over at me.

 

“What do we do if they come looking for Suye?” Hyun Jung asked, looking over at me.

 

“We kill them. That's what.” Hyunseok said, standing up and walking out of the room.

 

“I'd like to say he didn't mean that, but he probably did.” I said, watching him leave the room.

 

No one else said anything as the air thinned into one of calmness.

 

//End Flashback//

 

My knee had healed up to the point where I could finally walk around by myself instead of being helped all the time by Jeonghan or Jihoon. I spent more time with those two and Miri anyways since everyone else was either too cheery or too quiet. Occasionally Joshua and HyunAe would join us, but they never stayed for long. Jeonghan had started teaching HyunAe what he had learned already in school while trying to become a doctor and thankfully HyunAe was picking things up fast. Pretty soon we'd have two doctors and that would be great. Everyone had been waiting around before actually heading back into town and today they finally would. I couldn't go since I am not completely healed, but Jihoon, Jeonghan, and Suye would be keeping me company.

 

“So, why do I have to go again? I've never gone on one of these town raids.” HyunAe said, leaning against the bedroom door.

 

“Because Jeonghan has to stay and you are the only other person who knows what to look for when it comes to medical supplies.” I said, laying on the bed.

 

Because of course they decided to go at the crack of dawn.

 

“I guess. I hope you can come with us soon.” HyunAe said, leaving the room quietly.

 

“I miss you coming with us.” Miri said, practically flying into the room.

 

“This is the first time in a month anyone has gone out. I'll be with you guys soon.” I said, hearing a huff come from besides me.

 

“What?” I asked, turning to Jihoon.

 

“You've got at least another month before that thing heals all the way.” he said, turning in the bed to look at me.

 

Although he doesn't usually sleep, Jihoon decided to start laying in bed with me while I slept. I thought it was creepy, but Jeonghan said it was good since the presence of another body would make me move less in my sleep. I still don't believe him.

 

“Thanks for the reassurance.” Miri said, leaving the room grumpily.

 

“So hows the book coming along?” he asked, making me whack him in the face with a pillow.

 

“When will you stop pissing off my best friend?” I asked, changing the subject.

 

“When she stops coming into the room at three in the morning to check on you. Stop changing the subject.” he said, moving the pillow from him and laying flat on his back.

 

“It's doing fine.” I mumbled, pulling the pillow from his hands and putting it back under my head.

 

“How many chapters so far?” he asked, moving to sit up.

 

“I don't know yet. I'm free-writing it until I can start rewriting it and actually make it have chapters.” I said, sitting up as well.

 

As soon as Jihoon moved from the bed I had no choice but to stay awake otherwise he won't leave me alone until I choose to stay awake.

 

“I hope it's pancakes for breakfast.” he said, moving around the room to get dressed before moving to pull me up.

 

“Isn't it pancakes like...every day?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

He didn't answer me and left the room.

 

“Little .” I mumbled, follow him out and downstairs.

 

“So has everyone already left?” Jihoon asked, walking into the kitchen.

 

“Yep. Only you, me, Suye and the kitty.” Jeonghan said, laughing when I glared at him.

 

After Dino started calling me that, thanks to Miri, everyone else decided it was what they wanted to call me.

 

“For a cat, I have - grace.” I said, looking down at my knee.

 

“Oh well.” Jeonghan said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Where is Suye?” I asked, looking around the kitchen before looking in the living room.

 

“She's resting in my room...well, the medical room. We'll all be having breakfast there so she doesn't feel left out.” Jeonghan said, handing Jihoon and I our food before grabbing his and Suye's.

 

“I guess we get to go back upstairs.” Jihoon mumbled, following Jeonghan up the stairs.

 

“At least your room isn't that far away.” Jeonghan said, looking back at me and Jihoon.

 

“You mean my room? Jihoon asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Might as well be both of your guys' room since you both sleep in there.” Jeonghan said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Sassy angel.” I mumbled, shaking my head.

 

“Good morning Suye.” Jeonghan said, opening up the door to his room.

 

“Morning. Breakfast in bed, how nice. Thank you Jeonghan.” she said, moving to sit up in the bed.

 

“Hi to you too.” I mumbled, siting in a corner of the room.

 

“Hi unnie.” Suye said, laughing into her bacon.

 

“She smiled.” Jihoon said, looking at Suye in shock.

 

“She does it quite a lot around people she trusts.” I said, turning to eat my food.


….........okay, i'm gonna end this chapter here so it doesn't get to long since the next chapter is going to be NPOV (no one's POV) as we follow Miri and her group around town....sorry this took so long....my neighbors are losing their minds and fighting almost every night/morning (they do it at around 12-3am) so I usually sleep all day. Hope you all are happy that the second book is out :) Bye bye for now <3