Chapter 3: Wonwoo and his Other Guy (Part 2)

The Trio.

It's Physical Education lesson. The only 40-minute period in the week that Wonwoo dislikes and fears the most. Despite his height of 182 centimetres (still shorter than the giant Kim Mingyu), Wonwoo dislikes exercising. he prefer sitting at the corner reading or writing songs, but never ask him to do exercises. According to Mingyu, his height is a waste of resources.

Wonwoo hates basketball. There was once when he was hit by a basketball. And he hardly can succeed in throwing a ball into the ring. That's why he's always the one missing when the gang goes out for basketball.

He would never want to be involved in playing basketball.

But he's forced to. The coach is just too strict to face without being feared. Marks will be taken and calculated at the end of the year. Plus anyone who failed the subject will be punished, which is why everyone fears her so much. Coach Kim Hyoyeon.

"Right. Now give me three minutes before you guys practise dribbling. You guys will be having a test for dribbling next week. You are required to tun back-and-forth the basketball court twice. Time limit is 20 seconds. I won't tell you guys how would I calculate the marks beforehand. and there's NO SECOND CHA-ANCE!" The coach, Kim Hyoyeon said  shouted to the whole class of students.

"Did her voice just cracked?" Mingyu asked Soonyoung in front of him. Both of them giggled.

"I think so. Second cha-ance~" Seokmin mimicked Coach Kim's voice and the three of them laughed.

"Hey! The three of you out there. Please be quiet!" Coach Kim ordered. She's quite short (in Mingyu's opinion, Mingyu doesn't understand how can she be qualified as a Phys Ed coach -- to teach basketball!)

"You know," Coach Kim continued her long lecture, "I'm sick of your attitude, especially those guys behind. You guys should know that I would respect you if you respect me back. AND please practice well and don't fool around," her words directed to Seokmin and Soonyoung, "or 70 push-ups will be awaiting."

"Coach Kim, three minutes just passed~" and there's Seokmin mimicking a girl's voice while talking to his coach. Some of his classmates started to giggle. Coach Kim just glared at him, cursing hard inside.

"Alright," she said, "now go practise. Boys should use the court over there, NO MINI TOURNAMENTS AND I'LL BE WATCHING OVER YOU GUYS! Ten push-ups for each slam dunk, twenty for each failure. Girls will practise here."

Somehow Wonwoo felt quite amused of the arrangement Coach Kim did. There's a lot more girls than boys in their class, yet students of both genders are given one court each to practise. He wondered how would the girls do.

"Yes, coach!" Everyone said before going over to the basketball courts to start practising.

Wonwoo took a ball and started dribbling. Clumsily. Apparently he couldn't keep his pace like how the other boys did. He started to worry if he would fail the test.

"Won! Keep it up! And by the way don't put your idle hand on your back. You're gonna be super slow~" Seungcheol came and cheered for Wonwoo.

"Oh, uh..." Wonwoo tried adjusting his posture and dribbling the ball again.

"Try harder, Wonwoo!" Seungcheol tried cheering up Wonwoo as he seemed stressed. Wonwoo is the worst when it comes to Phys Ed. The others always tried giving a hand to Wonwoo so that he wouldn't fail. (At least Wonwoo wants to pass!)

Wonwoo just gave Seungcheol a smile as he's too busy catching up with the ball. Nobody wants to do those stupid push-ups right? He really had to pass.

===

After the Phys Ed lesson it's lunch break time. While the others are rushing to the cafeteria to fetch their food, Wonwoo decided to stay at the court and have more practice. Mingyu's waiting for him.

Uh, no, Mingyu had to finish 50 push-ups for performing the slam dunk thrice, and failing for two of his attempts.

Damn, it's wasn't only me who did a slam dunk...
"Mingyu-ah, good luck for the push-ups~" Soonyoung cheekily said while reaching to Mingyu's head to give him a pat. Then he tried hard to hold in his laughter and quickly ran away before Mingyu can kick him at his .

After finishing the (annoying) push-ups, he searched for Wonwoo only to see him resting on the bench nearby.

"Jeononu, let's have lunch."

"Uh," Wonwoo just followed. He just couldn't get how others can continuously dribble the ball throughout the process.

===

"What's wrong?" Mingyu's words snapped Wonwoo out of his mind. They're now eating at the cafeteria. "About the test?"

"Er, yea." Wonwoo just nodded. He remembered Seungcheol told him to focus, and he tried very hard to. But it all seemed to not work out.

"What day is tomorrow? uh... Wait, it's Saturday!" Mingyu's eyes suddenly widen. "Wonwoo, join us for our basketball outing after school."

"Wut?" It's the first time Mingyu invited him to his outing with their other friends. Usually they know Wonwoo's not interested in sports so they just leave him out.

"Let's just play basketball together. Y'know, stress needs to be relieved sometimes~"

"Don't mention it. Basketball gives me MORE STRESS."

"Nah~ We'll give you intense training, after a friendly match of course..."

"Thanks though, I'll see if I can make it."

"Wait, tomorrow's Saturday, it's MinWon day~" Mingyu made a heart with his two hands. Wonwoo finds the "MinWon" term too cheesy because, yea it's the day Mingyu gets to stay overnight with Wonwoo. What's the big deal of it?

"So what are you cooking for our dinner tomorrow?"

"I don't know. You just have to prepare... chicken? Maybe four chicken legs and some wings?"

"How the hell can I prepare that?"

"Your hyung works at-"

"There's no meat sold at the store."

"Then, maybe you should get it at the supermarket?"

"Let's just buy them tomorrow. After the practice," Wonwoo said before finishing the soup.

"So you're going?" Mingyu looked excited. It's the first time Wonwoo was joining Mingyu and the others.

"Maybe," Wonwoo kept his poker face.

===

Unfortunately lunch break was near its end when Wonwoo and Mingyu finished their lunch. They had to change back to uniforms before afternoon classes start. School rules and regulations stated so.

Wonwoo and Mingyu took their uniforms to the restroom just to find that most of the stalls are occupied.

"You, get inside there first," Wonwoo said to Mingyu while pointing to the only available stall. "I'll wait for another."

"Nah," Mingyu went inside the stall, but he pulled Wonwoo by his hand to enter with him.

"Yah YAH YAH Kim Mingyu What the hell are you doing?" Wonwoo struggled till Mingyu let him go.

"Damn, it's not the first time we're changing together, right? Why so shy?" Mingyu said while pulling Wonwoo inside the stall, before locking the door.

Wonwoo's was half dead of embarrassment. He just faced the door before taking off his T-shirt. "By the way," he turned around and whispered, "why were you so loud?" Given that many of the stalls are occupied, there must be people in the washroom. Why the hell is Kim Mingyu so loud???

Mingyu was about to turn around so that he can hang his already-taken-off T-shirt on the hook attached on the door. The space in the stall is quite... small. He turned around, but he couldn't balance himself. Swiftly he pushed his hand against the door to support himself. And then in front of him was Wonwoo.

"Woah, that's close." He hung his T-shirt on the hook, his hand still against the wall. "What did you ask?" Mingyu, hand still on the door, looked at the shocked Wonwoo who was quite close to him now.

At that moment, Wonwoo was only blankly staring at Mingyu, apparently being attracted to the sight in front of him without himself noticing. Just in case you guys forgot, they're still shirtless. And why is Mingyu looking at me like that? With his eyes like that? I don't understand though. Then there's that smile... Why am I feeling that I'm almost dead?
He always knew that Mingyu can send lots of girls to heaven just by looking at them. Many girls are interested of him, but he doesn't feel like getting to know them. He already knew that Mingyu is very gorgeous, and attractive, and always making boys around him jealous. Sometimes, even he himself is being envious of Mingyu's looks.

Mingyu is always acting very close to him, as his best friend. They are also considered over-affectionate to each other, like gay partners. Usually Wonwoo doesn't mind much, but things seem to be different to him this time, being this close with Mingyu.

They stayed still like that for a moment till Wonwoo spoke up.

"," Wonwoo turned away and quickly buttoned up his uniform. What's wrong with me? He could feel that he's about to blush right now. But why was he blushing? It's just an accident after all and... it's just my best friendJeon Wonwoo what are you doing?

Only then Mingyu realised and took his hand away from the door.

"Lessons are going to start soon so..." Wonwoo quickly finished changing his clothes and was about to open the door. He tried his best not to look at Mingyu.

"Hey! Jeononu, wait for me!" Mingyu said. It's his turn to be shocked now by Wonwoo's sudden behaviour.

"Da' hell! why are you so loud?!" Wonwoo asked Mingyu, quite loudly, without looking back.

Mingyu just finished changing. "Won, " Mingyu said to Wonwoo who quickly opened the door and walked away, without any reply from the latter.

"Won!!" Mingyu walked quickly to approach Wonwoo outside the washroom.

"What's the matter? Are you sick?" Mingyu placed his palm on Wonwoo's forehead. "No fever."

"I'm fine," Wonwoo assured his best friend.

"Glad you are. Sorry for being too loud just now..." Mingyu said while walking beside Wonwoo.

"Nah, I overreacted. It's not something bad, after all... sorry..."

"Phew," Mingyu placed his arm on Wonwoo's shoulder as they walked back to their classroom. "Just cheer up, it's your favourite Goddess Miss Seo Juhyun's Korean lesson later."

 

(a/N)

Guess what? I told you guys I would be updating shortly and UNTIL NOW ONLY I UPDATED.

so sorry for delaying so much. Exams was around the corner so I couldn't get to update...

Hope you like this~ (not sure how should Wonwoo's story be continued tho hehe)