Chapter 3: Wonwoo and his Other Guy (Part 1)

The Trio.

It's 5am on Friday. Wonwoo was still lying on his bed, awake. He's staring blankly at the bottom of the bed on top of him. He sleeps on the bottom part of his double-decker bed.

 

Chan's words earlier today were still replaying in his mind.

 

"Tell them you miss them. Send them an e-mail or a voice message. Let them hear your voice or see your face. At least tell them you're living well. 


Wonwoo's parents hadn't heard from him for eight years, since both of them moved to the States. Imagine eight years being by yourself when you need your parents the most.

 

Should I really send them an e-mail or something? Wonwoo thought.

 

By now it should be just evening at the States...

 

He took his phone and looked at the bright screen. Then he opened G-mail and immediately started typing. But unfortunately he forgot his parents' e-mail address. Damn. I shall save it as a draft instead.


He typed:

         

               Dad, Mom. I'm Wonwoo. It's been a long time since we talked or met. Sorry for not keeping up with you. How are both of you at States? I hope both of you are living alright there.

               

              I'm well here.  I missed both of you so much. 

              ......

 

Wonwoo marked the seven words red and then looked blankly at the phone screen. He just couldn't think of anything his parents might want to know, or what he wanted to say to them.

 

He chuckled and shook his head lightly. He remembered that his parents weren't by his side since he was 10, and throughout his high school life. He really wished to meet his parents at least during his graduation ceremony, but judging the fact that they didn't come during Namjoon's graduating ceremony, it's kind of impossible.

 

Wonwoo turned off his phone after saving the unsent e-mail as draft. Then he got into the blanket again, hoping he could at least have a little more sleep before his 6am alarm rang.

 

"Sweet dreams, Won," he mumbled.

 

But just as he's about to fall asleep, his alarm clock rang. He had to wake up and get ready for school. But I still wanted to sleep...

 

Wonwoo went to get himself washed up at the bathroom. After getting ready, he went to have breakfast with Chan.

 

===

 

When Wonwoo reached his classroom, there's only a few people. Lessons start at 8 in the morning. He decided to take a nap so he tried sleeping on his desk. His seat is at the last row of the classroom.

 

Just as he's about to fall asleep, he felt a big palm on his back. Not again? Wonwoo groaned and got up just to see his deskmate sitting beside him. Wonwoo's deskmate aka best friend aka the annoying giant puppy Kim Mingyu. That nickname is given by Wonwoo because Mingyu's actions really differ a lot from his looks and height. Mingyu does a lot of aegyo in front of Wonwoo.

 

But Wonwoo hates aegyo. Luckily Wonwoo is able to stand Mingyu's cute actions. As long as he knows how to stop.

 

Mingyu is Wonwoo's best friend since they were in elementary school. To be exact Mingyu was also his best friend back then. Wonwoo was always bullied by those bad students out there because he was too quiet. And Mingyu protected him a lot.

 

Thanks to Mingyu, Wonwoo is now more sociable than he was. He has other friends in high school because Mingyu introduced them to Wonwoo. Now they formed a gang at school. The noisiest gang of their class.

 

Mingyu is the typical guy that attracts attention of almost all girls. Who would not like a tall guy with good looks (but he always says that their friend Jeonghan looks better)? AND he plays basketball skilfully. In fact he's a member of the school's basketball team.

 

The only two things Wonwoo's better than Mingyu are grades and songwriting. Mingyu's grades can hardly keep him in the first class at school since he was young. He fails his Mathematics, once in a while. On the other hand Wonwoo is one of the top students. He's considered a nerd by himself, and sometimes he's too shy to interact with others. Till now, both of them don't know why could they be such good buddies from the start, as their personalities are really different.

 

Wonwoo always gives extra lessons to Mingyu every weekend, as Mingyu is too lazy to attend tuition classed after school. He approves Wonwoo as his best tutor (Wonwoo really knows how to teach lazy students like Mingyu).

 

By the way, did I hear someone saying that Mingyu's not that appealing?

 

And Mingyu knows how to cook. His mother owns a fried chicken restaurant so he learnt how to cook since he's young. Wonwoo's brother Chan likes the food Mingyu made the most. Mingyu often cooks for Wonwoo and his brothers in return of Wonwoo teaching him Maths.

 

"Jeononu!" Mingyu called just after Wonwoo got up. "I need your help." Wonwoo rolled his eyes after hearing that nickname.

 

"Yes, Kimingu? How may I help you?" Wonwoo asked in return and both of them laughed a little.

 

"Have you done the Maths homework?"

 

"The what?" Wonwoo scratched his head. "The one Miss Kim gave last week right?"

 

"Yes! Yes! The calculus one!" Mingyu then reached out his hands with a begging expression on his face. He's about to start his aegyo. Wonwoo thought.

 

"Haven't you done it yet? After a week?"

 

"I haven't even started..."

 

"What the..." Wonwoo controlled himself from cursing. "You're too lazy, I'm not going to let you copy my answers this time," but he took out the worksheets thinking that today is the day to hand in those.

 

Mingyu's eyes brightened up. He's about to take the worksheets when he heard a loud shout from a girl coming near Wonwoo's seat.

 

"Yah, Wonwoo!" The girl shouted.

 

"Y-yes?" Wonwoo looked at Hyejeong in front of him. "H-how may I help you?"

 

"Nah, that's nothing for you," Hyejeong sat on Wonwoo's desk while faking a serious expression. "Can I borrow your Maths homework, puh-lease?" She stared at Wonwoo.

 

"So everyone has not finished the homework?"

 

"Wonwoo, I know you're a kind person right?" Hyejeong stared harder at Wonwoo and blinked.

 

"Hey!" Mingyu interrupted. "I was first to request for it."

 

"Oh god Kim Mingyu, don't be so lazy and do your worksheets yourself."

 

"And you're not lazy?" Mingyu smirked and reached out for Wonwoo's worksheets.

 

"Nah, I'm just checking my answers," Hyejeong also reached out for those.

 

"NO!" Mingyu protested.

 

"Take it, Hyejeong," Wonwoo said.

 

Hyejeong switched her serious (and somehow seductive) expression to a bright smile. "Thanks Wonwoo, " she said politely (which made  Mingyu somehow feeling annoyed) and then turned to Mingyu to stick out her tongue. "Be a gentleman like your best friend, Kim Mingyu," she said and left.

 

"What the..." Mingyu stayed blank seeing Hyejeong walking back to her seat, whistling. He turned to Wonwoo. "Dude! Look what you've just done. You've betrayed me," Mingyu clutched on his heart, acting like he's hurt because of Wonwoo's actions. Like he's not hurt hehe.

 

Usually, Hyejeong acts manly like a boss when she's with her friends. She's quite ruthless sometimes and if someone blocks her way, she'll not compromise easily. Especially Mingyu. They're always causing conflicts with each other, mainly pointless conflicts. And Wonwoo's the one grabbing some popcorn and watching them. Apparently Wonwoo also tried hard not to offend Hyejeong. There was once Hyejeong's cat tore one page of Wonwoo's book and Wonwoo was about to scold her. But seeing her fierce expression like she did nothing wrong, he tried hard not to let out a sudden outburst.

 

The other reason is, "Kimingu, for your information there's a test tomorrow."

 

"What? Who said so?"

 

"Miss Kim Taeyeon, the person you fear the most."

 

"When the heck did she really say so? Why did I not know about that test?"

 

"You're sleeping in class. I told you a couple of days ago and you acted like you don't give a damn so I didn't want to remind you since then."

 

"Did you really said so?"

 

"I swear, dude, or I'll fail my basketball assessment next week."

 

"You don't have to say that so that you won't fail," Mingyu chuckled.

 

"Hey! I'm serious!"

 

"And hey, I believe in you,"

 

"Then let's start before the bell rings. I'm gonna guide you step by step to finish this."

 

"You memorised the answers? And all the steps?"

 

"I can recall. Now stop wasting time and get this done or you're getting scolded AGAIN by Miss Kim."

 

"Damn Wonu! Thank you so much! I love you~" Mingyu gave a hug to Wonwoo and his sudden action made Wonwoo squealed for a bit.

 

"Kimingu, stop that affection!"

 

Just then, a guy sat on the seat in front of theirs. "Awwwww, what did I just see? why are you guys so affectionate to each other?"

 

"Just him," Wonwoo pointed to Mingyu and earned a glare from the later.

 

"I see, giving Maths tuition huh? Can I join, tutor-nim?" The guy with slightly long hair supported his head with his right hand on the desk.

 

"Jeonghan! Shoo! You can have your lovely Josh, Wonu is mine!" Mingyu said. Wonwoo laughed at his words. "Kimingu, I'm not yours, Hyejeong is."

 

"Can you just shut up?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo ships Mingyu with Hyejeong because they often argue pointlessly with each other.

 

"By the way I prefer one-to-one lessons so I am so sorry you can't join. By the way Joshua is coming in a moment so can you please wait for your tutor to come."

 

"Nah~ Joshua's teaching method doesn't suit me. He makes things too complicated." Jeonghan said. Joshua is the top student in the class (and Wonwoo's the runner-up). And he's Jeonghan's gay partner best buddy. Joshua's from Los Angeles, and his English level is just way beyond the others. Meanwhile Jeonghan is the typical flower boy who can just attract girls nearby with a smile.

 

"Now, would you excuse us?" Mingyu raised a brow and said.

 

"It's okay if you wanna listen to my lectures though." Wonwoo said.

 

"Never mind..." Jeonghan frowned and turned away to read his fantasy novel.

 

A/N

Hey guys~ Basically I've almost finished Part 2 so I'll maybe update it in a day or two (^.^) Please anticipate it~