Chapter 2

The Trio.

*fyi 10000 won = RM39*

"Beep~" The sound of the bar code scanner rang again after scanning the bar code on the can of Coke.

"3570 won in total, please," Namjoon said before showing a smile to the customer. The customer, who's a high school girl, looked like she was love-struck after seeing his smile. She gave him a 5000 won bill, and he took the change required swiftly, checked the amount over and over again, then gave the change to the customer while striking her another smile.

"Thank you..." The customer said while blushing. The next second she was already outside the convenience store, fangirling hard.

Namjoon let out a big sigh. He finally finished serving the long queue of customers just now. Even though he does thing fast, serving a long queue continuously without even meantime for a sip of water is quite challenging for him. He's quite fast at calculating, but at the same time he's worried if he gave the wrong amount of change to the customers. That's why he checked over and over again. There was once he gave one extra 10000 won bill to one of the customers who bought a lot of things. He was scolded by the manager, of course. Since then, he promised to never repeat such stupid mistakes.

Namjoon works at a 7-12 convenience store, which is open 7 days a week and 12 hours half a day. The motto is quite illogical, to him, but anyway creativity should be appreciated. (LOL) He started working there since he entered university a year ago. That's his way to earn his pocket money and the money for expenses of groceries. The pocket money of his two younger brothers are still sent by his parents at the States.

Besides earning money, another reason he works there is because staff members at the convenience store can purchase stuff there with a cheaper price. There's a big variety of things sold in the convenience store, from fresh vegetables, meat, to junk food and lots of drinks. Daily supplies can be bought there too. Namjoon's meals are always bought here as the lunch boxes have good quality (and quantity).

By the way, Namjoon likes working here because one of his colleagues is his best buddy as well, Hoseok. Speaking of Hoseok...

"Kim Namjyun! What do you think you're doing? It's plagiarism!" Hoseok said while walking to the counter, carrying a box of Spicy Ramyun to be displayed at the shelves.

"What plagiarism?"

"Killing people with smiles. It's my speciality. You're giving me copyright fees okay?"

"Seriously?! We're supposed to be polite to them right?"

"I know but your smile kills," said Hoseok. Namjoon just shook his head lightly. Hoseok is called the "Smiling Fairy" in his group of friends. He likes smiling, but people give different reactions to him smiling. Most of the time people felt like being healed, except their friend Min Yoongi who thinks Hoseok look like a derp when he smiles.

"It's not my smile but my dimples, dude." Namjoon said and Hoseok pouted as a reaction. Namjoon glanced at the wall clock. It's 7pm by now. His shift is going to end in half an hour. Time for dinner with his two younger brothers. He decided to send a text message to Wonwoo, telling them to get prepared and come to the store.

"Come here now. I'm about to end my shift 30 minutes later. Consider what do you guys want for dinner." 

The three brothers could eat at home, but they seldom cook. Wonwoo can hardly cook well. He often burns his food.

After sending the text message, Namjoon went to the toilet. It's Hoseok's turn to take care of the counter. Just when Namjoon went into the toilet behind the store, a girl entered the store.

"Welcome," said Hoseok, with a "killing" smile. He's a kind and positive person.

The girl heard and looked at Hoseok. Then she stopped herself from laughing but she couldn't. At last she covered .

"What? Is there a clown behind me?" Hoseok joked. He smiled again.

"Never mind. Annyeong Haseyo~" the girl said. Then she quickly looked away and muttered something, not expecting Hoseok to have heard it. "Derp," she muttered.

Hoseok seriously felt offended. Does he really look like a derp when he smiles? Who knows? All he knew was Min Yoongi was finally not alone.

"Nice snow globe you have. What's that for? Your boyfriend?" Hoseok asked the girl, looking at the drinks displayed in the fridge.

"Not your business," she said coldly. Then she took a bottle of juice and went further inside, walking quickly. Seems like she's searching for something.

Namjoon just went out of the toilet. He passed through a shelf displaying lots of ramyun when he saw a box with some packets of potato chips inside. Hoseok didn't put them on the shelf just now.

"God Hoseok, thank me for preventing you from being scolded by the manager," he muttered. He took the box and did a quick U-turn, without noticing someone behind him. That someone was walking fast as well.

Namjoon turned and walked too fast that he accidentally bumped at the female customer who was searching for something. She barely kept her own balance, but unfortunately not her snow globe's. Her snow globe fell onto the ground and broke into pieces scattered on the floor. Water was flowing everywhere, as well as those little pieces of artificial snowflakes. The teddy bear figurine inside was lying down with it's belly faced up.

"OH MY GOD SHYT!" The female customer was too shocked and she shouted.

"Gosh I'm so sorry... Is everything alright?" Namjoon quickly asked, as he started cleaning up the mess he caused.

"What the hell get off please you brat," the female customer said, obviously very angry. "YOU BROKE MY SNOW GLOBE? MY PRECIOUS SNOW GLOBE FOR MY BOYFRIEND AND YOU'RE HERE POINTLESSLY APOLOGISING?" She was about to cry.

"Calm down, please. I'm super sorry for the accident... Perhaps I'll clean up the mess," Namjoon looked guilty.

"SORRY NO CURE, DUDE. YOU JUST BROKE MY THING. I BOUGHT IT JUST ONE HOUR AGO AND IT'S BROKEN NOW THANKS TO YOU."

"Then you shouldn't walk so fast. Can't you see I was carrying something?"

"And can't you see I'M COMING and YOU JUST WALKED QUICKLY!"

"Hey lady calm down please. I'm just sorry for..."

"But I don't feel like forgiving you now dude. You're just quibbling for yourself when you obviously are to be blamed. MY GIFT FOR MY BOYFRIEND IS NOW BROKEN!"

"I'm sorry hearing that," Namjoon tried his best calming her down. "Maybe you can buy a new one and..."

"Seriously BUY A NEW ONE? Are you kidding me you little kid? OR AM I A LITTLE KID?"

Suddenly Hoseok approached the two, trying to stop their conflict. "Woahhhh chill guys, chill!" He smiled, hoping it would help.

"OH MY GOSH COULD YOU PLEASE STOP MINDING OTHER'S BUSINESS YOU'RE SO DAMN ANNOYING!" The customer spit out the words without stopping.

"Hey! Could you please not be so rude?"

"Why can't I? I'm just demanding justice!"

"What just..." Hoseok was about to ask when he saw the snow globe. "Oh my, it's broken..." He knelt down to get a good look. "Joon, did you break it?"

"Fine, I'll pay for your loss. I'm so sorry," Namjoon sighed and answered. "How much is it?"

"21000 won," she said.

"Seriously? Are you scamming?" Namjoon asked with disbelief.

"I see no sincerity. Never mind. Where's your manager?" the female customer asked coldly.

Namjoon looked at the customer with a bob hairstyle, wearing a T-shirt and a miniskirt. "Fine," he took out 21000 won from his wallet and gave them to her.

She took it and went to the cash counter to make her payment. "By the way, where are the spaghetti sauces?"

"Over there," Hoseok answered, pointing to the shelf in front. "You're welcome."

"As if I'll say thanks..." she just answered coldly.

Namjoon was about to swear and give her a punch when Hoseok stopped him. "Calm down, dude. Jackson just arrived and your shift is going to end. I'll clean up the mess."

Namjoon shook his head. He took off his apron and walked around to check out if anything wasn't displayed tidily. Then he saw his two younger brothers at the bakeries section.

===

"Darn... The donuts are sold out..." Chan moaned, looking at the empty rack which the donuts were at.

"It's okay. You can have croissants or sandwiches for tomorrow's breakfast." Wonwoo said. "Maybe you can bring a slice of cake though. The marble cake looks nice."

"Geez. Shall we come earlier next time?" Chan said. "It's a long time since I had my last donut..."

"One day to be accurate," Wonwoo corrected.

"But I miss the donuts! I miss the smell, I miss the taste, I miss the sugar sprinkles and I miss everything!"

"Okay you can stop now, donut monster," Wonwoo chuckled. Chan got that nickname since he was young. Chan really likes donuts. He has donuts for breakfast twice or thrice a week, and sometimes even for supper! He eats all kinds of donuts, but he prefers the plain one with sugar sprinkles on top the most.

"Maybe next time..." Chan frowned. "Let's come earlier tomorrow..."

Wonwoo chuckled again. "By the way, where's hyung?" He asked and wandered everywhere to look for their elder brother.

"I'm here!" Namjoon shouted to the two brothers. "Wait for me, I'll pick up my things."

Namjoon went to the tea room where staff members of the convenience store have meals. After changing, he approached to the lockers. He opened his locker's door to take his backpack and wallet.

Then he searched for something in his backpack. It's a donut he bought earlier when his shift of the day started. He reserved the donut with the most sugar sprinkles on top for Chan.

When he came out, he gave the donut in a sealed plastic package to Chan. Chan's eyes were full of delight when he saw the donut.

"Thanks hyung~" he said and took the donut from his brother.

Namjoon smiled and shook his head a little. His little brother is just so innocent.

It seemed like this sight simply healed Namjoon. He had forgotten what happened just now. Maybe.

"So, what's for dinner?" Namjoon asked, putting his arms on the two younger brother's shoulders.

"McDonald's?" Wonwoo suggested.

"We'd just eaten there yesterday!" Chan said.

"You'd just eaten a donut yesterday," Wonwoo replied coldly. "Never mind, how about that shop that sells omelette rice?"

"Let's go then," Namjoon led their why to the mentioned restaurant.

===