Chapter 0

The Trio.

It was a very wide English church in Seoul. There weren't many decorations but it still looked classic. Carols sung by singers with soothing voices were playing from the broadcasting system of the church. A wedding ceremony was ongoing at that time. The couple was walking along the red carpet to the stage. They knew they were destined to be the partner of each other for the rest of their lives. It looks like the marriage of theirs receive sincere wishes from everyone...

He wad holding her hand with his left hand, while his right hand was holding the hand of a three-year-old child. He smiled broadly from ear to ear.

On the other hand, she couldn't smile, even forcefully. Though she knew that the tall and handsome person on her right is her Mister Right for sure. She saw faces of people who showed disapproval to their marriage. After all, this marriage isn't as smooth as it is supposed to be, right? she thought. She faced a lot of hardships with him before the marriage was finally confirmed. 

“Yes, I do.”

However, she knew that he would be by her side, facing everything together with her.

He wore a diamond ring on her finger, and kissed her forehead.

"I love you. No matter now or in the future," He said. Then, he looked down to his child and ordered him: "Joon-ah, call mommy."

"Mom..." the child said weakly.

She smiled after being greeted by the adorable child for the first time. In fact, he did look like his father.

===

He was born with a silver spoon. Known as the idol of business newbies, he established the Kim's Technology Company with his elder brother when he was twenty-five. In a while, he had earned his first bucket of gold. Two years later, he married his first girlfriend. But this marriage did not stay long. A year later, he divorced his wife after witnessing her cheating. He fought for the custody of his child, and succeeded. He could not lose his only child at least. 

She was just an ordinary and innocent girl. Her parents passed away when she was fifteen and she was left alone herself. Due to a wrong decision when she was twenty-four, she became pregnant. She was forced to be married to her boyfriend. Nine months later she gave birth to a baby boy. She loved the baby so much. Unfortunately her partner didn't seem to have any sense of responsibility no matter it was raising the child or being responsible to the girl who was his wife. He ill-treated her every time he came back from work at night. She was beaten badly always and scars could be found anywhere on her body. It wasn't a happy life for her. But she decided to accept it without any . As time flied, her husband treated her even worse. At last, she decided to leave him and the marriage ended unhappily.

A random chance made him and her meet each other, and they fall in love at first sight. Love is a strange feeling, after all. Just half a year later, they plan to marry each other. 

However, their plans weren't approved by his family. They think that she was just a poor coming to him for his wealth. And he was just being irrational after his divorce with his wife. 

Plus, she has a child from the Jeon family. Her husband has a child too.

When they announced the plan of marriage, the whole family objected, except his younger sister. She sincerely hoped that her brother could find his true love and happiness from someone he deserved.

===

Days after marriage weren't as good as she imagined. After they got married, his father was diagnosed to have lung cancer.

Three months later, his sister was found to be pregnant. It's a boy. The whole family was so excited of the news.Unfortunately, when she was about to give birth, she had passed away due to dystocia. Only the child was left.

Even worse, her husband was too sad to live. He also committed suicide by applying a large dosage of sleeping pills. The poor child was left with no parents.

As a brother, he also felt sad about the death of both his sister and her husband. After all, he grew up together with his sister, and she was the only one who supported his marriage and gave sincere wishes to them.

She was also very depressed due to his sister's death. His sister was the only person who cared for her and helped her a lot since she moved into his house. His mother treated her the worst, always torturing her to do most of the house chores despite the family hired a maid. Even her child was treated differently from the other two.

Speaking of the sister's child, since nobody can look after him, she decided to adopt him as her child. Maybe it would cause a big fuss in the future, but she didn't care as long as the child could grow up like how other children could. Her husband doesn't reject that request. She just liked children so much.

That child was then named Chan. A one-syllable name which the syllable was contained in both of his original parents' name. They decided to let him use his original surname, Lee, once he was told the reality of his identity when he grew up and became matured enough.

===

When the eldest child among the three was twelve, his company decided to extend it's market to the States and Canada. To handle the affairs of the company, he and his elder brother decided to move to the States. His wife wanted to go with him, to help him in those business. But they decided not to bring their children along with them, as the children couldn't adapt themselves to the drastic change of environment. Korea is still a better place for them.

Before they left, they told everything to the two elder children. About the children's mom's background. About how the second child became a part of the Kim family, despite having a different surname.

Then they finally left. The three children stayed in the same house with their grandmother and the maid. Literally their grandmother barely gave any about the three of them, but if she did, she treated the three differently. The eldest and youngest child gets the most benefits, usually.

The second child, Wonwoo (yea i know it's quite confusing so having the name mentioned was way better) received bad treatments from his grandmother. Sometimes his dinner wasn't prepared purposely. He felt quite helpless in his home. Thankfully, he had strong bonds with his two brothers. His elder brother always protected him when he was about to be scolded by his grandmother for no reason. His younger brother on the other hand did a great job making him laugh. He was grateful that he wasn't ever alone.

Not only Wonwoo, but his brothers also feel that life under their grandmother's supervision was like hell. So, since their parents left to the States, they decided to save as much money as they can (since the family was rich, they received a lot of pocket money, of course) so that they could move out once they could. Their parents had bought a unit in an apartment nearby for the three of them. 

"Let's move out when we're ready, okay?" Namjoon, the eldest of them, said to the other two.

Later, when Namjoon was 17, he requested moving out. His grandmother was too evil for them to stay with her.

"I'm sure I can take good care of the other two. We are already very independent after all, 5 years since our parents left to US and never came home before. Our fees for school would be paid by my dad online. He'd agreed doing so," he said. His father did send emails to the children, once a week. They were too busy to come back home and take a closer look at their children. "We may depend on you for money temporarily, but we'll refrain from that as soon as possible. I'll apply for a full scholarship to go to college later, so your burden will be lighter by then. In case you ask, I'll get a job too."

Namjoon just planned his future so well. His two younger brothers always rely on him and listen to his orders. Besides, his grades are just perfect.

At last, their grandmother approved their request to move out of the house. She even helped them to find suitable furniture for their apartment. The apartment is nearer to their school, so it would be better for the three of them.

One month later, they officially moved into the apartment, and started a brand new chapter of their life——living by themselves.

 

A/N:

Okay okay this chapter is... err... like an introduction of the family background of the three main characters. This background should be stated before the real story starts because it has big relation with the development of the main characters, and also the story line. Hope you guys like it or at least understand it cause my friend saw this and she was like I HAVE TO GO THROUGH MORE THAN ONCE TO GET IT *facepalm*. The real story is going to start from the next chapter. But unfortunately I think I can't update quite frequently (maybe once in two weeks???) so I apologize if you guys are really waiting for every chapter to release. School life is tough LOL. By the way exams are around the corner so wish myself good luck :)