Chapter 7: The Sleepover I

The Trio.

It looks like God really gave them the luck because it didn't look like it's about to rain for the moment. In less than fifteen minutes, the boys had already gotten ready and started their first game. Jihoon's the referee for the game because he claimed that he's too short to compete with the other guys. Plus, he had to work on his new piece for the Music Composing Club.

Mingyu and Seungcheol, as usual, were dominating the game, running swiftly across the court and seeking opportunities for a perfect slam-dunk. Most of the other guys also ran around the court, working perfectly as a team. Wonwoo also did his job -- to get as far away as he could from the ball. He swore to himself that he could bring burden to Mingyu and his other teammates.

"Won, get this!" Wonwoo heard Seokmin's voice, and before he could even find where Seokmin was, Seokmin had already thrown the ball towards him. "Careful!" said Seokmin. Thankfully Wonwoo ducked and the ball did not hit him. Junhui got the ball instead and then dribbled across the court till he reached the hoop. Then, he attempted for a shoot in the basket. He did not succeed though.

Mingyu got the ball and passed to Jeonghan. Then Jeonghan scanned the area in front of him. He could only see opponents, until he saw Wonwoo far behind them. He used all of his strength to throw the ball to Wonwoo about ten meters from him. Since the area Wonwoo standing at was very empty, he could focus on the ball and catch it successfully. However, given his lack of skills, he definitely didn't know what to do. He scanned around, hoping to seek help from his teammates. Chan signalled him to just dribble -- regardless if it's clumsy or not.

It's the key moment now. He had to run before his opponents could reach him. So he didn't care much and just dribbled to the hoop. Thankfully he could make the ball under control. He was being confident until he saw the hoop. Uh-oh, he thought. He startled, considering if he really should pass the ball to Mingyu or Seokmin for the shoot. However, there's no time for him to hesitate -- Seungcheol and Minghao were already in front of him. He had to give it a try. So he just took a breath (no time for a deep one), aimed for the hoop and threw the ball into the hoop. Once the ball left his hands, he closed his eyes, not daring to know the outcome.

It was utter silence before Wonwoo could hear his friends cheering for him. He opened his eyes and looked clueless, till Mingyu told him excitedly that his shoot was a success.

"Good job, Won," said Mingyu while reaching for Wonwoo's shoulders and shook the latter's body really hard.

Wonwoo was speechless. He was too surprised to be speechless. He just made an attempt, and it was a success! Deep inside he was surely proud of himself.

The game continued until fifteen to three when Chan and Minghao decided to stop joining them. They had to practice for a performance for their Street Dance Club, and it's less than a week's time before the performance. Wonwoo knew it, he just heard from Junhui.

"I'm gonna stop too, I'm beat," said Joshua while panting. 

"Yeah, me too. Let's just make it a draw then," said Jeonghan.

"How could you when obviously our team won?" asked a shocked Seungcheol.

"Guys, just chill. It's a game anyway, as long as we enjoyed it," comforted Jihoon the referee.

"But Mingyu's gonna treat us for lunch on Monday! We made a bet beforehand!" 

"When did you guys even say so?" asked Seokmin."This morning," said Mingyu.

"Referee-nim, did you even know that?" asked Jeonghan.

"Nope, and that's why I don't think it even counts as a deal," said Jihoon while shrugging his shoulders.

"Neither do I..." said Seokmin.

"Then it isn't a deal! Only the two of you agreed so, and some of us didn't even know until just now!" said Jeonghan.

"Mingyu-ah, just treat Seungcheol for a jumbo burger later and then end this fuss," said Junhui. "and me too, heh."

"Why you?" asked Mingyu aggressively.

"Nothing, just saying. I'm gonna go take care of the kids over there. Let's go, Wonwoo. You're probably curious about how your brother's doing," said Junhui before signalling Wonwoo to go to the other side of the court with him.

Soonyoung is already with the two younger ones, supervising their dance. Junhui and Wonwoo just stood by the side watching them practice and had some small talk in between.

"You look down," said Junhui, "is anything bothering you?"

"There sure is," said Wonwoo while looking concerned. "I'm not sure if Mingyu could ever get over that incident. It's been two years but he's still strangled with the feelings. You know, he loved her so much!"

"We just need to take some time," said Junhui while patting Wonwoo's back, "and stay by his side no matter what."

"Yeah," Wonwoo replied while looking proudly at Chan showing off his popping moves. He really should be auditioned as an idol, right?

===

At half past three, the gang of friends said goodbye to each other and left to their respective destinations. Seungcheol was still arguing with Jeonghan and Jihoon about his bet with Mingyu earlier because the others from Mingyu's team just wouldn't accept the bet he had with Mingyu that morning. Meanwhile, Wonwoo, Mingyu, and Chan walked to the direction away from the others, heading to the shopping mall nearby. They were about to do some grocery shopping for Wonwoo and Chan's meals next week, and the fried chicken feast later.

"Alright, time for shopping for fried chicken! Or should we have them outside?" asked Mingyu.

"You're kidding us," said Chan.

"Nope, I'm Mingyu," said Mingyu. Wonwoo just rolled his eyes.

"Just kidding, but shall we perhaps have a drink before we start shopping?" asked Mingyu.

But Chan saved his soda (from lunch) for now, so Wonwoo and Mingyu just shared a cup of iced mocha frappuccino from Starbucks. "You don't mind, do you? Maybe you should finish half of it first before I start..." said Mingyu.

"Nope, just take a sip whenever you want."

Within fifteen minutes, the three guys finished their shopping for fresh ingredients at the supermarket. It wasn't a big problem since most of the time Wonwoo and Chan eat out. Every weekend Mingyu's the chef and they really rarely cook.

When they walked past the snack section, Chan requested for some snacks like a kid does (from Wonwoo's view he really is). 

"Let's have this, and let's have those, and let's have this spicy one!" said Chan while pointing at the various snacks available. 

"Just one for the each of us," said Wonwoo.

"Shall we buy one more for Namjoon-hyung?" 

"So that if he couldn't make it we could divide his portion within us? No way! you're gonna be obese if you eat so much."

"You guys really are cute while interacting," said Mingyu while wrapping his arm around Wonwoo's shoulders.

"Not until you get to be his brother," said Wonwoo. "and get to manage our money." 

"But I really want them!" said Chan.

"Fine! We'll buy with our own money then," said Wonwoo. 

"Yay!" Chan cheered too loud that the people nearby were looking at them. They quickly went to pay and left the supermarket.

On the way back, Mingyu asked if they could swing by his house and wait for him to get his things.

"I'm gonna get the flour from my mother. She uses the flour to fry the chicken. It's a secret recipe."

So Wonwoo and Chan waited outside for Mingyu to get his things and the flour. Then they went to Wonwoo's home to wash up and prepare for dinner.

It's around six when they started to prepare for dinner. Well, just Wonwoo and Mingyu because Chan had to work out for his Maths assignments by Miss Kim at school. Wonwoo prepared the side dishes while Mingyu marinated and fried the chicken. Luckily they don't have to process much for the chicken as it's readily packed at the supermarket. They even planned to make Kimchi fried rice. Mingyu's gonna do everything, of course, Wonwoo's just his assistant in the kitchen. 

"Pass me the bag of flour please," said Mingyu, "and some eggs."

"Yes, chef," said Wonwoo in a joking tone.

He observed Mingyu while the latter coated the drumsticks with a layer of flour, then egg, and then another layer of flour before putting them into a fryer with boiling oil. The oil splashed perhaps because Mingyu placed the drumstick inside with a slightly greater force, and a drop of it went onto Mingyu's finger, causing an oil burn on his finger. "Ouch!" he yelled. Wonwoo was worried and he asked simultaneously, "Are you alright? Do you need a band-aid? Is it a serious injury?" 

"Don't panic, Won," Mingyu said, “I'm okay with it. It's nothing new."

"Funny when you're the one with the oil burn but you are comforting me," said Wonwoo while laughing.

"A hundred cuts on a man's finger make him a professional chef," said Mingyu proudly.

"It was an oil burn, bro," said Wonwoo calmly.

"It's similar!"

"Fine! Take care of the chicken or it'll be burnt!" said Wonwoo. Luckily he told Mingyu because the chicken had become a bit too brown.

"It's just right for me," said Mingyu, "but thank you for reminding me and preventing me from wasting food." Mingyu removed the chicken from the fryer with a slotted spoon and put it on some kitchen wipes.

While Mingyu was frying the rest of the drumsticks, Wonwoo took out the kimchi from the fridge and some ham. He also went to the rice cooker to check out the progress of the rice. Wait...

"OMIGOD! I've forgotten to prepare rice! How are we supposed to make fried rice without rice?"

"What?!" asked Mingyu. "Then what should we do?" his slotted spoon almost dropped onto the floor.

"I'm sorry," said Wonwoo. "I'm too careless these days." He rubbed his head and looked down.

Mingyu didn't look like he's pissed off. It's not like he never overcooked chicken before. He went to Wonwoo and ruffled his hair. 

"No worries, bro. Let's just find an alternative solution. Do you have ramyun here?"

"We have some though."

"Shall we make kimchi ramyun then? We could just add some eggs and ham?"

"Alright, I'm sorry though."

"Won It's totally fine there's nothing to worry about. I'm the magnificent chef after all~ "

"What?! No kimchi fried rice?" said Chan while poking his head out of his room. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry," said Wonwoo. It hadn't been a minute but Wonwoo apologized thrice.

"So we're having ramyun?" asked Chan with a delighted expression like he was longing for this.

"Yeah... "

"Yes! Finally we could have ramyun!!!!" cheered Chan in his room. 

"It'll be ready within ten minutes!" shouted Mingyu. 

"I told you there's nothing to worry about," said Mingyu to Wonwoo. "Don't feel so guilty, bro." Wonwoo just nodded before preparing the ingredients needed for the sudden plan change.

 

(Author's Note)
Hereby I would like to apologise for countless times because it's been longer than a month since my last update. I'm so sorry! Hope you guys won't mind and enjoy this chapter. The next chapter would be out soon, and more Meanie moments would be included. (I just make spoilers to my friend and she was surprised!) 

It's holidays but I have two trips in a week (should I be happy or sad??? I like slacking at home~)and I could update one more chapter in this one or two weeks... And after that there's exam and I'm going to study hard for it, so updates would be slow. Sorry for any inconvenience caused... But right after exams are over I'm gonna continue updating like crazy~ 

Anyway lots of thanks to my lovely subscribers~~~~~~~~~~ Your support is definitely my motivation to work harder~ Thank you so much :)))

At last, comments are welcome if you guys want to interact with me. I'm always happy to interact with readers :))))

See ya' layta~