What's going on?

What next?

The day dragged by and I didn’t see Yongsun after our chemistry lesson. I waited outside the café afterschool for Whee In, after all I had said I’d explain things to her. I scrolled mindlessly through my phone until I felt someone hug me from behind, scaring the hell out of me- I turned round to Whee In’s smiling face. “Hey you” she whispered, looking up at me and wrapping her arms tighter around my waist. I reciprocated the hug and tucked her head under my chin.

“Let’s go inside, before I’m sick from your lovey dovey crap” said Hyejin, rolling her eyes at us.

“Hello to you too” I laughed sticking my tongue out at the younger girl. We went inside, ordered drinks and took our seat at our usual table.

“So, Byul-ah, what’s going down with you and the new girl? How do you know her?” Whee In asked, straight to business as usual. I laughed awkwardly and could feel both their eyes on me.

“It’s nothing really, we’ve never met before... but... well… I had a really weird dream last night, I mean really weird. She was in it, I don’t mean someone that looks like her I mean HER.” I explained the vivid details of the dream to them both and they sat quietly listening, occasionally stopping to ask the occasional question, but otherwise they just stared. “And yeah I think it’s weird that she shows up here the very next day and she’s nice, and she’s sweet and cute and she’s just the same, and-“ I was interrupted by a chair being pulled out beside me.

“Hey, is it okay if I sit here?” I look up at the voice. It was her, Yongsun. My mind starts racing, how long had she been stood there? She smiled at me expectantly. “There always seems to be an empty chair beside you, Byul. It’s almost as if some greater being wants us to be together” she said lightheartedly.

“Hi I’m Whee In, Byuli’s best friend, and this is Hyejin,” my little puppy said with a big grin on her face, smiling proudly at Hyejin and I. Hyejin rolled her eyes. I couldn’t hide the blush creeping up my cheeks as my paranoid thoughts raced through my head so I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I stood at the sinks and splashed some cold water on my face while staring at my reflection. “Come on, Moon Byuli. Get a hold on yourself. She probably didn’t hear anything. What’s wrong with you?”

“I feel like asking you the very same thing.” I turned round and Hyejin was standing quietly in the doorway, looking at me, the usual intensity of her eyes replaced with worry. She walked closer to me, and sat next to the sink. She placed a hand on mine and said: “it’s gonna be okay, whatever it is. And if you wanna talk about it, me and Wheenie are always gonna be here for you. You know that, right?” she then gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I looked into her eyes. When did she change from that immature junior I met a few years ago into the super supportive grown up sat in front of me? I nodded in response and then hung my head.

“Hyejin, this is a mess. What’s going on? I had a really intesnse dream about her and then she shows up here and she’s treating me like we’re friends and I don’t know how to handle it and it’s all going to my head and I just don’t know how to deal with it” a tear rolled down my cheek and I just let it go, stood there in front of my friend with my arms crossed across my stomach. She jumped off the sink with a sad looking smile on her face. She cupped my cheeks and brushed the tear away with her thumb.

“It’s okay, unnie, with regard to your dream, maybe it’s fate, like she just said- maybe you two were supposed to meet and maybe she’ll play an important part in your life or maybe it’s just a coincidence” I opened my mouth to speak only to have her silence me by putting a finger to my lips “do you want me to take you home and we can talk through this properly, get to the bottom of things?” I nod my head. “Okay, I’ll go out there and tell Whee In and Yongsun that you aren’t feeling well and that I’m going to take you home, okay?” I nod again. And that’s what happens, except Whee In says she’ll help too. And then it’s just the three of us again.

 

Author's note: hey again. Here's the most recent working I've got. Thanks a  lot for showing an interest in my story I hope I can answer most, if not all, of your questions with the next few chapters, so please bear with me. As usual, thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting, I hope you're enjoying it. Thanks a million guys, I'll be back next weekend for you (maybe sooner, depending on how much work I have to do this week- joys of no school) ^-^ :)