When did I stop needing this?

What next?

PRE-WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS ENTIRELY FILLER, IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL TO THE PLOT WHATSOEVER!

 

The rest of the weekend went smoothly, I really enjoyed my down-time with my family and they showered me with affection I didn’t realise I’d been in need of. I told Minhyuk of all my difficulties with Yongsun, and it felt relieving to have let it out. I played with my sisters childish games we used to play when they were small. And I really bonded with the puppy, he slept on my bed every night and would want play and affection from me at every available moment. It was nice to feel wanted, to feel needed, and to be surrounded by people who love me as much as I love them- not that I don’t appreciate my friends, but being with family is different. The hardest part was the goodbye, it always is. I gave both of my sisters a warm hug and a kiss on the top of their heads as I promised to see them soon, my father wrapped me in a firm but comforting hug, Minhyuk tussled my hair before pulling me into a bear hug and whispering in my ear that everything is going to be okay. As usual, it was saying goodbye to my mother that brought me to tears- she cupped my cheeks and told me to take care of myself before wiping her eyes with a handkerchief and then pulling me in for a hug, she buried her cheek into my shoulder and told me little handy life tips and that I should come home more often. After the hug I felt tears streaming down my face as I realised that I was going to miss them and every warm feeling that family brings- or should bring. Thoughts of Yongsun crept into my mind as I tried to envisage her family reunions, if she has any- tense smiles, nervous greetings, and formalities; all because her parents don’t like who she’s growing up to be. This thought led to a wave of more sadness washing over me, but also appreciation for the loving family I was blessed with. I boarded the train back to Seoul and chose a seat near the window so I could watch the silhouttes of my family fade into the distance as the train built up speed. I felt numb, and hollow inside, but strangely enough full at the same time. I put my headphones in to let my feelings all blur into music.

 

Author's note: HEYY guys! Really really really sorry for going M.I.A on you, but I'm back with this really short update. Sorry for being away for so long, I just couldn't find the motivation to keep writing this and had no idea what to do with it, so I waited until I felt ready to come up with something.

Nothing really interesting happens in this bit, it's just for continuity. I'm already working on the next update as I'm writing this note so hopefully you won't be waiting too long for it. If all goes to plan the next chapter should be kind of half-interesting but also relevent.

Anyway, as always thank you, you absolutely lovely lot for reading this cr*p that I write, and for putting up with my stupidly long notes to you all. Thank you for showing your support by subscribing and I appreciate the comments that get left below, although most of you seem to be very shy with regards to leaving comments (even CONSTRUCTIVE criticism- constructive being important- is valued if you feel like saying it).
Finally, stay happy, stay healthy and keep doing the things that make you smile because happiness is crucial!

I love you guys! <3 Lala out :P