Why do you do this to me?

What next?

When we got back to my place I left her to make herself comfortable while I got us drinks and snacks for our homework session- although with her here I didn’t feel like doing homework, I just wanted to enjoy our time together rather than worrying about school.

I walked into the living room to find her sprawled across my floor like a starfish, but with one arm covering her eyes. Her breathing was slow, and steady. I wondered what the suddden flop down was about. I walked into the room as quietly as possible and placed the water bottles and cookies on the small table, I then proceeded to lie down next to her and placed an arm over her torso, she didn’t even flinch. “You’re really warm, can we just stay like this? I don’t feel like doing work any more” she said quietly. I giggled a little, my breath on her neck.

I leaned in to her ear and whispered as gently as possible “come on sleeping beauty, we’ve got work to do. What’s brought all this on anyway?”

“We just got here, can’t we just relax a little bit first? You’re always busy with work and I feel like you’re going to burn out. Please, can we just take half an hour?” she removed the arm from across her eyes and rolled onto her side, facing me. She draped an arm across my hip and pouted at me. She knows I can’t resist that face, so I conceded.

“Fine. Only half an hour though, because I really need to get some stuff done before the weekend” she smiled at me, the big grin that reached her eyes and laughed at me because she knew she’d won, because she always won. I felt my heart start to race and I tried to shift slightly without disturbing her too much. “What do you want to do then? We’ve only got half an hour so we can’t watch a movie, and we can’t go to the park because it’ll be full of little school kids, we can’t go and see the maknaes because it’d take too long to get there and back...” She continued to stare into my eyes and I trailed off my words because I could feel a lump forming in the back of my throat. Her gaze was soft and lingering, but it was intense and it was making me nervous. “Yongsun. Are you okay? What’s wrong?” she seemed to snap out of her thoughts when she blinked.

“Ummm, yeah. I’m fine, just spaced a little sorry. What did you say?” she smiled warmly at me. I rolled my eyes at her and asked her again what she wants to do. “I don’t really mind. Can we just stay like this? I’m really comfy here actually.” She looked into my eyes again, her stare was intense again and her eyebrows furrowed in concentration

“Yah! Kim Yongsun! Are you trying to hypnotise me again? Stop looking at me like that! I’ve told you hypnosis doesn’t work!”

“It does work, I’ll prove it to you one day! Trust me. I know it does. But I like to keep practicing. Anyway, I don’t need to hypnotise you to get what I want, I just need to ask nicely and you’re too nice to say no.” she said while sticking her tongue out at me. I pulled her closer to me in response and she snuggled into me. She fit so perfectly in my arms. STOP IT BYULI! She’ll notice if your heartrate increases. Stay calm. She’s just a girl. You’re just friends. I took a deep breath as she wrapped her arm tighter around me. I laid my arm out straight for her to rest her head on and she did. I held her in my arms and we lay there in a comfortable silence. Well, normally it would be comfortable but I felt tension as I was trying to steady my heartrate, which is really hard when I can feel her eyes searching my own, searching my very soul.

After a couple of minutes of silence, Yongsun turned her head downwards and nuzzled into the base of my neck. I her hair in long sweeps while admiring her beauty. Why would anyone so smart, so prety end up here, like this, with me? What did I do to earn this? I would definitely do it again to stay like this. After a couple of minutes I realised her breathing had levelled off- she had fallen asleep in my arms. I tried to lie as still as possible so as not to disturb her, but it proved to be difficult when I could feel her breath tickling my collarbones.

My arm had long ago got pins and needles in it and I was beginning to become restless, so I decided to wake up the beautiful girl who had rolled over in her sleep. I was backhugging her and our fingers were intertwined. “Yongsun. Unnie. Come on. Wake up. I need you to give me my arm back. Please. Please wake up” I whispered sweetly into her ear. She began to stir and she rolled over again so we were now facing each other. I pressed my forehead against hers, and she pouted a little in her sleep. “Come on, gorgeous, I can’t feel my arm. I need to get on with some work. I won’t wake you, but I need to move.” She tightened her grip on my hand and she snuggled even more into my arm/ her pillow. She looked so cute while she slept, I could feel my self-restraint failing me as I pulled our foreheads apart. Internally I was screaming at myself BYULI DON’T DO IT! NO, YOU CAN’T! But I wasn’t listening to the rational part of my head, instead I leant back in and I pressed my lips to her forehead. Inintiating skinship was normal to me, but this was a whole new level. As soon as my lips made contact with her forehead, guilt washed over me like a wave. I jerked back quickly once I realised what I’d done, but my movement must have been so sudden that I woke her up. Her eyelids fluttered open slowly and she smiled when she realised we were still on my floor and I was still close to her.

“Sorry, Byuli, I must’ve drifted off.” She tried to stifle a yawn but couldn’t. I sat up a little now that I’d eased my arm out from under her head and lifted her up “Byul.. what are you doing?” I giggled at her confusion, she was still half asleep really. I placed her gently onto the sofa and I made sure she was warm and comfortable before I went to find my schoolbag to do my homework.

Once I’d grabbed my things I positioned myself sat on the floor at the small table with my back to Yongsun. But I noticed that she’d fallen asleep again, I started to smile but stopped myself. Everytime I looked at her regret washed through me and a blush crept up my face, so I decided that I would sit close enough to her that I could reassure her when she woke up, but with my back to her so I couldn’t look at her. I started with my maths homework- integration really is frustrating. I let myself take all my frustrations out on the page of questions in front of me. I let out an irritated groan when I realised I’d gone wrong yet again. I put my head in my hands on the table and began to breathe deeply. “Why do you have to be such an idiot, Moon Byuli? You’re usually good at kepeing your cool. Compose yourself. You made a mistake, it’s okay, just pretend it didn’t happen and get back on with this” I reached to pick up my pen again when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

“Whatever you did wrong, I’m sure you can fix it. You’re good algebra, you can do this.” Yongsun gave me an affectionate squeeze as she rested her chin on my shoulder. She was sat beside me with her arms around my waist and her legs either side of me too. I realised that she must have woken up and heard my little rant. As always she was supportive of me, but at the same time she was distracting me by being so close. I could feel her breath on my cheek and turned slightly to look at her. “Not that I don’t appreciate this, but would you mind letting go so I can get back to work? I’m sorry I woke you up, but I really need to get on with this.” She looked at me for a second and then a cheeky grin tugged at her lips.

“Consider this payback for waking me up. I know you can work while I’m hugging you like this, you’ve done it before” and then she lent in and kissed me on the end of my nose “And that’s for splatting ice cream on my nose earlier” she giggled at my open-mouthed reaction. I was so shocked I dropped my pen. “What’s wrong Byul? Can’t take it when someone throws a bit of sweetness your way?” she teased. If only she knew. I laughed.

“I’m just not used to that kind of behaviour from you. You usually cringe when I act like that” she giggled as she hugged me tighter

“It’s cringey when you do it, but I don’t mind it really. I guess I’m picking up on it.”

“Keep trying and maybe someday you’ll take my position as everyone’s girl crush” I laughed and winked at her. She pouted at me and loosened her grip on my waist

“Get back to work. DIdn’t you say you were busy” and she proceeded to draw circles on my hip under my shirt. I shuddered at her touch. “You’re hands are cold.” with that I leant into her embrace and pressed my forehead against hers. “Thanks Yongsun. You know I appreciate your support right? All the small gestures included” This elicited a smile. And so I picked up my pen and went back to the problem on the table. She went back to resting her chin on my shoulder and drawing mindless patterns on my hip while I worked through the problems in my workings.

 

Author's note: Heeeyyy guys! I'm back! :D I've got a week off from exams, so have a bit of free time for now. I hope you're all doing well and have been enjoying life in my absence.

I really struggled with this chapter actually, I wrote half of it yesterday and then got the worst writer's block so came back to it today and ended up re-crafting it. So, sorry it's not the best, I'll try to make the next one better for you.

Thanks to all of you for reading this, subscribing and commenting, you should know by now how much I appreciate it. I'll try to get another chapter posted this week to make up for my absence, but I don't know if I can. Take it easy, my lovely readers, I'll hopefully be back soon for you guys! Much love! <3