What was that?

What next?

I was headed on my way to chemistry after that horror of a maths test- who really cares about how to factorise a cubic equation anyway? I weaved my way through school, all the juniors standing aside to let me pass when suddenly someone bumped into me. I looked up from where I’d landed on my - I’d just walked straight into the new girl who was frantically mumbling apologies to me and chastising herself for being so clumsy and so late. I picked up my stuff and helped her with hers. “I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you, I was too busy looking at my map and now we’re both going to be late for next period. Thanks for helping.” She says brushing the dust off her skirt after I hauled her to her feet.

“It’s alright, don’t worry about it, I bounce. Are you alright?” I ask handing her the last of her books.

“Me? Yeah I’m alright. Can I ask a small favour, Byul?” she asks, taking a look down at her map again.

“Sure, what can I do for you? Can we make it quick though? I don’t want to get on the wrong side of Mrs Park, and she’s just about starting to take me seriously in the labs”

“Labs? As in chemistry labs? That’s what I was gonna ask you! Can you direct me to the chemistry labs because this map is so useless, but if you’re headed that way, I may as well tag along with you if that’s okay”

“Um… oh… ah, yeah sure. They’re just round here. I’m assuming you’re in my class then if you’ve got chemistry now”

“Thanks. You’re kinda cute when you stutter” she giggles shyly. I lower my eyebrows and stick my tongue out at her “You know what, I don’t see why Mr Lee has a problem with you, you seem alright thus far”

“Thus far? I can see why Mr Lee likes you already” I laugh, nudging her gently. She pouts at me and it’s kinda cute- “again? I thought I’d been through this, control yourself” I whispered to myself.

“What was that?” Yongsun asks

Umm…, nothing. We’re here! Let me do the talking and it should be okay…. Actually you do the talking, tell her I was giving you directions to class before realising that we were in the same class” I say while knocking on the door. I open it slowly and peek around the door, there were only a couple of other students in the room and Mrs Park was not present. We slip in quietly and I head to my seat before realising Yongsun hadn’t moved from the doorway. I wave her over. “Yongsun, sit here, once again there’s an empty seat beside me” she laughs and sits in the chair beside me.

“You know, Byul, I get the feeling we’re going to get along just fine” she says nudging me gently.

 

Author's note: Hey again. Here's the latest update for you. First of all thanks to everyone for reading my story. A big thank you to those of you that have subscribed (^-^) If you're enjoying this weird idea of mine, feel free to comment. If it isn't making sense, feel free to tell me so. I want you guys to enjoy reading this as much as I like writing it, and right now I have no clue how you guys are feeling. Anyway, thanks a lot. I hope you enjoyed it, I'll be back next weekend with the next chapter.

Thanks for reading guys, have a great week! ;) <3