Finally...

What next?

“You… what?... me?” I was utterly stunned by the sudden turn of events, but tried to maintain some sense of composure.

“Yes you, pabo! For an absolute genius you can be dense as osmium at times!” she laughed with wide open

“Was that a chemistry joke? You just insulted me with science?! How dare you! That makes me twice as dense as lead! Could you not have spared my feelings a little and told me that I’m as dense as lead instead?” I said pouting. She giggled.

“Fine, for a genius you can be lead-dense sometimes. Now, tell me! What were you grinning at after Whee In left? And why did she kiss you? I’m not going to have to tell her to back off am I?”

“Back off? You what? I’m confused.” She started laughing again before her face turned serious

“I’m not going to have to tell her that your feelings are otherwise engaged am I? That you’re mine and only mine. That I have no intention of sharing you with her.” the look of confusion must have further deepened on my face, she laughed gently “Look. I’d like to promise you forever, but I can only promise you right now. I don’t know how long this can last, but I think we can make it. Moon Byuli, I have been head over heels in love with you since the first moment I saw you and I hate you so much for putting me through Hell for the last four days but I’m willing to forgive you if you just tell me you love me and that you want us to be together” my mouth dropped wide open and I let it hang for a good few seconds while I let her words sink in.

“You…l-love… me?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing and had to replay her words over and over again. She nodded with a big grin on her face. “How long?” she laughed, and then sighed.

“Since the first moment. I remember the day you first walked in to the café, you were dressed all in black- skinny jeans, t-shirt and converse- and you were smiling at Whee In and Hyejin. Your smile captured me, and from that day I wanted to see it again and again, I wanted to be the reason for it.” I smiled warmly at her, and I saw the smile reflect on her face.

“But…. Wait…. You hypnotised me… even then? What? When?” her face turned serious when she heard the slight tone of anger that I’d tried to conceal

“First of all, let me apologise for that, I am genuinely and sincerely as sorry as I can be for it. I don’t know what came over me when I started playing little mind games with you as we made idle conversation about the weather and about school. And then before I knew it, I was dropping hints that I wanted you to notice me, to think about me.” I looked sternly at her

“When?”

“It was the day before I started at Rainbow Bridge Academy. I figured it had worked because I saw the way you looked at me on the very first day, when I first walked in to Mr Lee’s room. I am really sorry that I did that to you” she looked down. Our fingers were still entwined and she was now playing with my fingers, waiting for my response “I understand if you’re mad at me, I crossed a line that I had no right to even approach.” I stayed silent for a minute, just processing her story. That dream… it was her… she was playing with me ever since the beginning… what? “Byul? Please? Say something.”

“I don’t…. I don’t know what to say. You’re… you did that to me?” she nodded shyly and started to apologise again. I cut her off “It worked. It 100% worked. I won’t go into detail, but I was definitely thinking about you. And since then I wanted to get to know you that was why I wanted to be your friend, even from the first day but it felt so weird because I’d been thinking about you and then you just showed up in my life, it was the weirdest coincidence and I was worried about what it meant, and the maknaes were really worried about me because of it.”

“I’m so sorry that it worried you so much, I know that it was stupid and that I shouldn’t have done it”

“You’re amazing, completely and utterly amazing! Who could ever have predicted that my girlfriend could be so smart, so talented?!” I was actually grinning from ear to ear shamelessly.

“YAH! Girlfriend? I never accepted your feelings. I told you I love you too, but neither of us ever said anything about girlfriends!” I started pouting and I could see a playful smirk tugging at her lips.

“But Yongsun!” she laughed cutely at me

“What, Byuli? What do you want?” she was trying to hold back her laughter. I pulled her closer to me and looked into her eyes. The smirk turned into a grin “Tell me you love me and that you only want to be with me and I’ll think about it” she pouted at me when I put a bit of distance between us

“But… I can’t. I don’t know if I’m in love with you because I’ve never been in love before. I know that I’ve never felt like this for anyone else before, but I don’t know if I’m ready to call it love. I do know that I really really really want to be with you though. Will you be my girlfriend?” Her pout turned into a grin

“I’d love to, Byuli. I don’t know what the road ahead will be like for us, but I know that I want to face whatever comes our way together.” I grinned as I placed my lips to her forehead and held her ever closer to me.

“On Friday, I thought you were mad at me, that’s why I didn’t talk to you for the past few days. I was worried that I’d bother you and push you away. I was scared of losing you”

“I wasn’t mad. I just wanted some space to figure out the best way of showing you my feelings. Seulgi was helping me to come up with the best way to confess- her and Irene were both coaching me in the art of winning hearts” I wrapped my arm tighter around her

“You’d already won my heart. I don’t need you capturing even more attention.” She slapped me gently

“Speaking of gaining more attention why did Whee In kiss you? If you say you’re not together why are you two so… so… why do you let her cling onto you if you don’t like her like that?” I rubbed the nape of my neck.

“She kissed me earlier because I gave her some advice and that was her way of showing her appreciation. I promise you that I’m not into her, and she isn’t into me” her forehead creased as her eyebrows pulled down.

“I don’t understand. How can you know for a fact that she isn’t into you when she practically made out with you drunk on Friday night?” I could feel the frustration in her voice so I felt I owed her the full explanation.

“That’s just it, she was drunk. But she was sober enough to know what was going on. Don’t look at me like that; I’m trying to explain it! Okay…. So I guess I’ll tell you what she told me earlier.” I recounted the conversation with Whee In from the start, up to the point of the kiss “And so she kissed me just to make her jealous- because she loves her so much and wanted to know if she felt the same. It didn’t mean anything to either of us. I promise you, I didn’t mean for it to end up like this. And I promise you that you’re the only one I want and you won’t have to worry” hung open after I finished.

“So they… they’ve practically been a couple all this time and neither of us knew about it?” she was utterly flabbergasted by the idea that we hadn’t noticed

“Yeah, pretty much. They didn’t want us to know so the kept it very low-key” I had come to accept the fact that I hadn’t necessarily been blind to their relationship. Yongsun only nodded while she thought on it.

“And you’re definitely sure that she 100% isn’t interested in you?” her eyebrow arched

“100%. She’s gone to so much trouble to get Hyejin’s attention that I’m confident that she wouldn’t throw it all away on me.” I pulled her even closer to me and wrapped my arms around her. “Even if I’m wrong, there is a 100% chance that it wouldn’t matter if she was; I’m yours and yours only. I buried my cheek into her hair as she wrapped an arm around my waist. When we separated she looked deep into my eyes and I could see something that I’d never seen before- it was exciting, but kinda worrying.

“If you’re wrong then I would definitely let her know who you belong to” the moment felt so right, I could feel us inching closer and closer until our lips were barely millimetres apart and we were sharing the same breaths. “Byul-ah, I love you” she whispered into the space between us. I closed the distance between us and pressed my lips against hers and the feeling was like nothing I could ever have predicted. The feeling of her plush lips against mine felt perfect, like her lips were made for mine. The surrounding room became secondary, for this sweet moment it was just the two of us in the entire universe. We broke apart for air and the look in her eyes had intensified. Her breathing was ragged and she dove in quickly to recapture my lips. My whole world spun

Before I was aware of it, Yongsun had swung her leg over and she now straddled me putting most of her weight onto my lower area. I felt myself blushing as she ran her hands up and down my abs, under my shirt. Our lips were still locked and I could feel myself running short of breath. I broke the intense kiss and grabbed her hands and squeezed them, I kissed her knuckles and looked into her eyes- they were completely filled with lust now and it worried me. She gently lifted her hands which were still in mine and put them above my head. She had me in a completely submissive position and there was little I could do. She leant down again and pressed her lips against mine. I broke the kiss again so I could say what was racing through my mind “Yongsun… unnie… we can’t… I don’t know if I’m ready... for that… not yet” her eyes softened at me

“That’s okay. We don’t have to rush things.” She kissed me gently after she said those words. She then began to leave kisses on my cheeks, my nose, my forehead, and then my neck. When I felt her leaving the mark I was uncomfortable, it hurt but didn’t at the same time. When she finished she looked down at my neck to survey her work. “Now everyone will know that you’re mine” she winked at me as she rolled off me. I was shocked into silence. “Don’t be mad, Byul. It’ll fade in a few days. And your uniform will cover it. I’m sorry. I couldn’t help it, I guess I got caught up in the moment.” I wasn’t mad as such. Surprised? yes, but not mad I’d only just had my first real kiss and then she gave me a hickey.

“I’m not mad. Just surprised and tired.” She rolled over to face me properly and then ran a hand through my hair. Her eyes were warm, and kind, and loving, and genuine. I pecked her lips again. “And in love” she looked a little shocked at my sudden confession but then smiled warmly at me.

“I love you too” she kissed my forehead and made herself comfortable in my arms. For her, this all started the day I walked into a café for coffee with my friends. For me, it all began with a dream. We never knew it could end like this, but I’m glad it had. We fell asleep in each other’s arms and for the first time in my life I felt completely whole.

 

Author's note: Hi. So this is it, I think I'm finished. It feels a little bit rushed and awkward reading back on it, but I hope you guys are okay with it.

It's been a great time writing this, I hope you guys have enjoyed reading it.

Stay happy and healthy and keep doing the things you love. I'll see you around- be it in the comments section of another author's story, or maybe even in another story by me ;)

Take care my lovely readers. Much love.

Lala xx :)