When did you forgive me?

What next?

I was standing right beside her and she still hadn’t even acknowledged me. “Yongsun, unnie. Are you okay? Do you want some help?”

“Go home, Byuli. I’m busy” she said, without even turning to look at me.

“You sure look like you could do with some help. I could take a quick look, give it a try if you want, you know. It’s getting late, you don’t wanna be stuck here trying to get this door locked all night” I tried to sound unphased by her curt response, but I could hear the pleading tone in my voice, she probably picked up on it too.

“It’s fine. It’s just a bit sticky. I can handle it, go home.” She sounded frustrated, hurt and upset. I knew she wanted space and she didn’t want me to be here, but I’d promised myself that I would try and win her back. I took a couple of steps back, but had no intention of leaving. I stayed silent. I knew she could still feel my presence behind her because after a couple more attempts she looked over her shoulder to check. Her eyebrows furrowed and she let out a very frustrated sigh as she pulled the door shut once more. After a couple of seconds I heard the lock click shut. She heaved a MASSIVE sigh of relief as she pulled her coat closed around her and turned to walk home. I started walking just one step behind her. Close enough that she knew I was there, but far enough away that she didn’t have to talk to me. As much as I wanted to talk to her, the words that I could feel in my throat just wouldn’t leave. “Byul. What do you want?” her voice was supposed to come out kind of harsh, but all I heard was the tiredness that she was trying to hide. I took a long stride forward so now we were walking side by side

“I want to make sure you get home safe. That’s what friends do, don’t they? Look out for each other I mean” I noticed her cheeks turn a little bit rosy at my comment but she tried to hide it by looking the other way. “And I wanted to ask you a question. Well… two questions actually.” She looked my way again.

“Go ahead, you have the right to free speech” this time all I heard was the blunt harshness she wanted me to hear, and it hurt.

“Okay. First of all, Whee In told me about a game you like to play. She called it ‘hypnotice’. What the hell?!” this question wasn’t really the one I’d wanted to ask, but I felt like this was the easiest way to start a conversation with her. She scowled at me. Her voice was laced with bitterness as she replied

“I bet she told you.” and she just stopped in place and let the sentence hang in the air between us

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” I also stopped and turned to face her. My voice was raised, but I didn’t care. There was no one around to hear us anyway.

“It means of course you’re loving girlfriend would tell you about it”

“First of all, she’s not my girlfriend. Second of all, you’re not making any sense!” her face knitted into one of complete confusion, all the anger I could see in her eyes replaced by innocent confusion. “I lied. She’s not my girlfriend. I only said that stuff to protect her, to diffuse the situation. Like I said to you the day before, I love you guys like my second family I didn’t want to see anything happen to her so I stepped in before anything could. Not that Jungkook would have hurt her; he’s a nice guy really, but I didn’t want to take that chance.” She looked at me as if I’d just told her that the sky was green and the grass was blue.

“Oh. Okay. For someone who was only pretending you put on a pretty good show” she snorted and started walking again.

“So? Hypnotice? Are you going to explain it to me, or are you just going to leave it?”

“What’s there to explain? I catch you when your mind is most vulnerable and convince you of something but let you claim the idea as your own. It’s just a game and I would never use it to hurt you. Next question?” I staggered for a couple of steps and laughed dryly at her last remark

“If your voice wasn’t laced with daggers I would almost think you cared” she turned around to look at me and I swear if looks could kill they would find my corps ice cold in the morning.

“I never said I didn’t. I wasn’t the one playing with everyone else’s feelings” she then swung her hair back over her shoulder and continued walking home. I followed slowly trying to figure some things out.

“I’m not playing with everyone’s feelings…. I’m just trying to do the right thing by everyone” I half-whispered to myself.

“The right thing?! The right thing to do isn’t to tell a girl that you really care about her and then not even 24 hours later publically make out with someone else! The right thing isn’t to tell a girl you like her and then not talk to her for four days and expect everything to be okay! The right thing to do isn’t to be pretending right now that Thursday night didn’t happen! How is any of that the right thing to do?!?!?!” she was yelling now. I could see the tears in her eyes threatening to fall, so I grabbed her hands and pulled her into me. I suddenly remembered that weird dream I had the day I first met her. The way she was crying, the way I held her and the way it felt so right to hold her. And God did it feel good to be holding her like this, but I felt like such an awful person given the circumstances. Emotions were running high in both of us and I didn’t want either of us saying anything we’d regret tomorrow so I just held her to me and shushed her when she tried to protest.

“Look, I know I can’t erase what I’ve done and the things I’ve said but please let me try to fix what I’ve done. I don’t want to lose you over this and I’m really sorry. Just because I accept that I can’t undo it, doesn’t mean I’m not sorry about this, about everything. That brings me to my second question, what can I do to fix this? To fix us?” She pulled her head out of the crook of my neck and looked up into my eyes.

“You can hold me until I forgive you. You can tell me that everything is going to be okay. You can bring me home and stay the night. You can hold me until I fall asleep and let me wake up to see that corny smile on your lips. You can tell me that you’re never going to leave me. Is that too much to ask?” the smile that crossed her face was the one that I had been missing for days, and I could see in her eyes the sincerity of my own smile reflected.

“You could ask for the moon and it would still never be too much” she giggled shyly

“In a way I am asking for the moon. I’m asking for the most important Moon in my life to promise me she’ll never leave my side” I laughed at her comment.

“I thought I was supposed to be the greasy one?!” she laughed to and eased back into my hug.

“I’ve missed this. I’ve missed you.” I breathed out a heavy breath with the comment. She nuzzled further into my neck.

“I’ve missed your warmth. I missed your smile. I missed you too.” I barely heard the whisper but I felt the words against my neck and felt warmth immediately shoot to my cheeks. She broke the hug and took my hand in her own. We walked the rest of the way to her home with short but casual conversation. I let go of her hand very quickly and instead slung my arm around her shoulders and let her rest her head against my shoulder. Once we finally arrived at her place and got comfy on her sofa I realised that if I was going to stay the night with her I’d need to go and pick up some stuff from my place.

“Hey, Yongsun-ah!” she had wandered off to the kitchen to get some water so I got up to share my realisation with her. When I walked into the kitchen I noticed her back to me so I crept up behind her and slipped my hands around her waist and whispered in her ear “I could stare at you all day every day and still be amazed by your beauty” she blushed and turned around in my grip to repeatedly hit my arms and chest jokingly.

“YAH! Don’t do that to me! I nearly dropped my glass!”

“Sorry, I can’t help myself.” I chuckled a little “Anyway, I realised that if you really want me to stay the night I’m gonna need to whizz home and grab some stuff for school tomorrow” she pouted at me and I couldn’t resist to poke her cheeks and grin at her, my arms returning to her waist to hold her tightly. “I won’t be long, half an hour tops. Promise” I held out my pinkie to seal the promise.

“If you’re any longer than half an hour you can stay at your place” she said jokingly, at least I hope it was a joke.

“Fine, I’ll walk as slowly as I possibly can” I said laughing at her, testing the water

“If you do that I’m heading straight to your place and I’m not leaving until I have 100% forgiven you” she said grabbing my hands and laughing at my joke.

“I can live with that.” I said laughing. “I won’t be long.” I closed the door quietly behind me and started jogging back to my place, the air had turned cold when night closed in and I could see my breath forming clouds in the air in front of me as I exhaled. As I jogged through the familiar streets I wondered how it went for the maknaes, if the scene I had watched was anything to go by then it went just fine. I’m happy for them, I truly am. They’re both really good kids and deserve to be happy, and if they can find happiness, security and love in each other then I am more than happy to help point them in the right direction. Once I got to my place and caught my breath back I text Whee In while I rummaged through my room for my stuff. ‘Hey pup! How did it go? You all cool now??? x’ I pulled my uniform out from my clean laundry pile and stuffed it into an overnight bag, along with pyjamas, my schoolbag for tomorrow, a toothbrush and other essentials.

I made sure everything was switched off and all locked up before I left and decided I would walk back to Yongsun’s- my jog here meant that I had only been 10 minutes. I checked my phone again to see a reply from Whee In

From Wheepup 8:15pm

Yeah, we’re all good. Tnx 4 your help. Noticed u met Yong after you left. U guys ok? J xx

 

 

To Wheepup 8:17pm

Yeah, we’re fine now. Thanks. x

 

From Wheepup 8:18pm

Hyejin thinks u should ask her out XD she’d be crazy to turn u down xx

 

To Wheepup 8:19pm

WHAT THE HELL?! We’ve only just made up, I’m not gonna throw it all away again. You’re both crazy. Go back to being the lovesick kids I saw earlier. :P x

 

From Wheepup 8:22pm

Don’t b like that, we all know u like her! xx

 

To Wheepup 8:23pm

Shut up! Gotta go, see you kids tomorrow! xx

 

From Wheepup 8:24pm

Byeee! xx

 

I arrived at Yongsun’s as I tucked the phone back into my pocket. I knocked three times and waited for her to open the door, but when she did I had to catch my breath. She was wearing a tank top and just a pair of pyjama bottoms- it was a really simple look, but she looked HOT! I could feel heat rising to my cheeks so I just looked at my feet. “Byuli! Did you run all the way there and back! Look at you, you’re all red and you’re stumbling!” Totally not because you look amazing and I’m basically ing right now! I cleared my throat

“Ummm… I ran there pretty quick to get out of the cold, so I’m pretty exhausted now, yeah” I stuttered a lot trying to get the sentence out, she just laughed at me.

 

We got inside and we got comfy on her bed, neither of us was really in the mood to do anything except enjoy the other’s company. “Byul-ah” she looked me in the eyes and I hummed in response, running my hand through her hair “I don’t wanna make things awkward between us, but I need to ask you something before I can really forgive you.” What does she mean before she can forgive me? Now I’m worried.

“Ask me anything, I wouldn’t lie to you, and I want to make things right between us” she grabbed my hand that wasn’t in her hair and began to play with my fingers

“What feelings do you have towards Whee In?” she couldn’t bring herself to look me in the eye, so looked at our hands instead.

I closed my fingers around hers as I took a deep breath. “My feelings for Whee In are similar to those that I have for my younger sisters, she’s like a younger sister to me. A younger sister, a best friend and a confidante. If what you’re looking for is confirmation of my feelings, it’s you that I want. I’m really sorry that I feel this way about you, I know that I shouldn’t feel like this towards you, but I can’t help it.” She hummed in response and squeezed my hand as she scooted closer to my chest. I stopped running my fingers through her hair and simply rested my hand in the small of her back and held her.

“You remember that girl I told you about on Thursday? The one from the café?”

“Yeah. Why?” she put a hand on my shoulder as she looked into my eyes.

“She came today too, at closing time. I saw her across the street and she was kissed by who I thought was her girlfriend before she came over. She’s kinda frustrating. She wouldn’t leave, no matter what I said to her and she made a point of trying to talk to me” I laughed at the description.

“She sounds like a bit of an idiot”

“Yeah… she is…. And the funniest part is, she isn’t really but she just has no idea how to read people. That’s what made her so easy to hypnotise in the first place.” I was stunned.

“You… hypnotised her? When? What did you get her to do?” she giggled shyly

“After the first few times she came in I simply convinced her to think of me, it wasn’t hard just a really simple mind game and BAM! She was like putty in my hands. I think it worked too, because since then she always comes in and talks to me” I nearly laughed out loud at this unknown girl’s idiocy, handing over complete control to a stranger. HA! Not even I could be that stupid! I opted to laugh gently.

“Wow… when can I meet this weird stalker of yours?” she giggled

“You’d know her if you saw her. In fact, I’m surprised you didn’t notice her- she was wearing the dorkiest grin ever when I saw her earlier, the girl who I thought was her girlfriend walked off and she just stood there grinning like an idiot after her.” I laughed a little at the scene, I tried to remember everything that was around me after I’d left the maknaes. I didn’t remember seeing anyone, but I shrugged it off. I think Yongsun could see the cogs turning in my head so she giggled shyly “Care to tell me what you were grinning at, Moon Byuli?”

 

Author's note: Hey everyone. Like I promised earlier in the week, here's the next chapter. It feels kind of rushed and doesn't really make much sense, but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

The next chapter is almost ready too, so should be with you at some point in the next few days, please look forward to it, hopefully it'll be better than this one.

Thank you for reading and subscribing. Feel free to leave a comment below and share with me your thoughts. Until next time! Byeeee! :)