제 4 회 - 몰라서

Candlelight | NCT U / SMRookies / NCT Fanfic [ Doyoung ]

제 4 회 - 몰라서

Cupid -  Oh My Girl playing...

---

Kim Jiho's POV...

“I'll explain it to you later.”

Who's that guy anyway? Everyone looked terrified when he came inside. And on cue, seonsaeng-nim walked inside, we all stood up and bowed. “Alright, good morning, class. I'm sir Lee Wongeun, your class advisor and history teacher.” Wow, I didn't know he's gonna my advisor, plus teacher. Just wow..

“Any transferees?” He called out, across the room. I raised my hand, standing up from my chair. “O-Oh! Why are you here!?” He asked me, almost shouting. “Er.. Excuse me, ahem. Introduce yourself.” He gestured in front, and I did a stank face in front of him.

“네 안녕하세요 저는 김 지호 입니다! 저는 16 살이에요. 잘부탁드립니다!”

[ Right, I'm Kim Jiho! I'm 16 years old. Please take care of me! ]

I bowed, before secretly handing him a letter. He chuckled slightly, taking the paper from my me. “Welcome to Myeongji University, Jiho. Today is orientation day. I'll be explaining our lessons through out the year, turn your books to the table of contents.”

---

--An hour passed--

His class finally ended, we both waited for everyone to leave the room, except for the guy in the wheelchair. We both ignored him, I walked to him with a disappointed face. “Arasseo, why are you here again?” He asked me, “Parents.” I replied, folding my arms. “Can't you just stay still in Busan?” Wongeun oppa asked me, I then smiled and he did too.

We just ended up laughing. “Is that a proper greeting, cousin?”

“Nope, just surprised to see you here. I mean the whole family is here, haha. First, I saw Choi Soyoung here, then Lee Hyunji in Seoul all alone. Next, is you? How many more will I meet?” Wongeun oppa said, “Taehyung is here.”

“Of course he is.. Aish, you kids don't make trouble, it might be the reason of my job loss.” He chuckled, and I nodded. “Arasseo, head back to your next class.” He ordered me, leaving first. I was about to leave when I remembered something. I looked back at the boy in a wheelchair, staring blankly.

“Excuse me? Do you need help?” I asked him politely. He didn't answer, he just ignored me. I walked near him, and looked at him. “I can help you get to your next class.” I offered him. “I don't need your help! Just get lost!” He shouted at me, I flinched a little at the sudden action of his.

Why yo— I'm trying to be nice to you and yo— Aish! I mentally groaned in annoyance.

“Suit yourself.” I answered, leaving him in the room, ungrateful brat.. I muttered under my breath, before entering the English classroom. I'll have to introduce myself the whole day in every class.. I entered the room, and sat beside Jaehyun.

“Ayo, what's up with you and seonsaeng-nim?” Jaehyun asked me,  forwardly. “Oh, he's my cousin. He didn't know I was here.” I answered, fixing my hair. “Okay, about that guy in a wheelchair. He's one of my friends, before. He goes by the name Kim Dongyoungyet we call him Doyoung. He used to walk and be very friendly, but when he somehow met an accident. He was unable to walk for years, because of some bone problem, after that. He never spoke to anyone, he became real cold and mean too.”

Jaehyun explained to me, I just bobbed my head, up and down. “So, he's crippled?” I asked him, “Aniyo, he can still walk. The problem is, he doesn't have the courage and strength to. He got traumatized from what happened to him. They're helping him to walk, but he just really fears to stand again.” Oh... That's why he's so rude...

“He's still in the room, he's not moving out of his place.” I told him, “Really? He has to get out of the room, to get here. Yah! Taeil hyung! Ten hyung!” He called his friends. “Doyoung isn't coming out of the room. Let's go help.”

“Again? Ugh.. That guy, can't he push his own wheelchair?” His friend complained. “Hey! Taeyong!” I looked at the coming person, he's the guy earlier.. In the bus.. Taeyong? That's his name? “Hey, guys. Where's Doyoung?” He asked, looking around. “Still in the room, can you go get him?” Jaehyun answered, Taeyong just nodded, he then looked  at me.

“It's you! The girl in the bus!” He pointed me, giving me a smile. “Hello.” I waved my hand at him, with a straight face. “I'm Lee Taeyong, didn't know you were a tenth grader.” He extended his hand for me to shake, I did so. “Kim Jiho.”

“Nice meeting you, I have to go get someone first, excuse me.” He bowed, and quickly left the room. My eyes darted at him, as he left. “Jaehyun hyung, who's the girl?” The younger looking boy asked Jaehyun, I looked at him and he did the same. “Right, guys. Meet Kim Jiho, she's from Busan. I'm her tour guide and mate this semester.” Jaehyun replied, and I waved at them.

“Oh, nice to meet you, noona. I'm Lee Minhyung call me Mark, I'm only 14 years old. I'm Jaehyun hyung's friend. I'm also an accelerated student.” He gave me a friendly smile. “I'm Ten, I'm from Thailand.”

“Oh, hi. It's nice to meet you all.” I bowed my head, I looked to my right. And saw Taeyong pushing the wheelchair of the boy earlier. He slowly arranged him in his place, before returning to us. “Wait, you said earlier, that you're 16 years old, right?” Jaehyun asked me, I nodded in reply. “Hah! You're my noona! I'm 15!” Jaehyun laughed, and I raised my eyebrow at him.

“What's so funny?” I asked him, slightly irritated by his loud laughs. “What is funny? Eeh, nothing. Doyoung hyung!” Jaehyun called the crippled guy. Doyoung, right? Didn't look at him, he just ignored him. “Doyoung hyung!” This time, Mark called him.

“What is it, Mark?”

Doyoung asked, in a calm voice. “How are you?” Mark asked him, “I'm all fine, thank you for asking.” His voice, so serene and gentle. When he's not shouting that is. “Doyoung hyung, I want you to meet someone.” Mark told him, Doyoung just nodded, turning his wheelchair to our direction. “Who did you want me to meet, Mark?”

“Here she is, meet Kim Jiho.”

Doyoung looked at me, with lifeless eyes, blank expression and with a straight face. “I don't talk to ostriches.” Doyoung answered rudely, turning around again. “Hahaha! He called you a ostrich!” Jaehyun and Ten laughed. Mwo? He called me an ostrich?

“Why yo— You're going to get in tr—” I stood up from my seat, I was about to attack him, yet Taeyong held me back. “Yah, you're not going to hurt a disabled person, right?” Taeyong asked me, I just scoffed, sitting back on my chair. “I don't care, he's very rude.” I answered Taeyong defensively, not looking at him. “Come on, let him be. Everybody does, when he's being obnoxious.” Taeyong told me, I looked up at him. I sighed, nodding my head in defeat.

“Good morning, class.”

Aish, focus Jiho. He's just trying to get on your nerves...

---

--Break starts--

*ding*ring*ding*

That was the signal for break..

I packed my notebooks and carried them back to the classroom. Wah~ I crave for jajangmyun today~ Why now~ I entered the classroom, I placed my notebooks inside my desk. Before taking my wallet with me.

“Jiho-ah! Break starting! Come on!”

Taehyung shouted my name, “Ne! Wait up!” I shouted back, before running to him. “So, met new friends?” Taehyung asked me, hmm.. Counting the four boys? Then yes, “Yeah. Four of them,  how about you?”

“Oh, five. I don't know if the other one likes me, though. He's just so.. Sleepy?” He replied, I let out a chuckle after hearing his words. “Arasseo, I wonder what food they have. I wonder if they have heotteok and hoppang. I crave for sweets today.” Ugh.. Random images of food displayed in my mind, aigoo..

“Taehyung-ah! Come on, let's eat!” Both of us looked behind us, “Sure, Jin hyung. Jiho-ah, my friend is calling me. Do you mind if I part away first?” Taehyung asked, in a small voice. “Arasseo..” Don't mind, don't care.. I'm hungry.. “Gomawo~” He hugged me quickly, before running to  his friend.

“Noona! Hello! Let's go get food.” Mark, the maknae smiled at me. He just popped out of nowhere.. “Oh, su—  Wait!” He yanked my arm, pulling me to the cafeteria. “Wah~ They do have tteok here!” I helped myself, and Mark took the same with melon milk, while I took the strawberry one. “Nyam nyam ~”

Both of walked away from the food area, and I followed him to a table. “You like melon a lot, melon bread and milk.” I told him, with a small laugh.

“Eh, it's my favorite fruit, what's yours, noona?” He asked me, taking a bit of his bread

“Eh, it's my favorite fruit, what's yours, noona?” He asked me, taking a bit of his bread. “Obviously, strawberry.” He then looked at the door, which made me look as well. “I think I'm going to get Doyoung hyung.” Mark said, sprinting towards the door.

I wonder.. Why is it Mark and Taeyong only the ones capable of making that Doyoung guy, talk?

Mark came back with Doyoung, who was still looking straight at nothing. “What do you want, hyung? Do you want some milk and chocolate bread?” Mark asked him politely, but he just answered a head nod. Mark went back to the food area, leaving him with me.

I swallowed the piece of tteok, and gazed a bit at him. Wait... He's gazing back at me.. Our eyes met by chance, and we quickly averted our eyes.

“I'm back, hyung. Here's your food. Oh, Jiho noona, why are spacing out?”

“O-Oh, was I? I just, thought of something.” I bit the tteok, stealing another glance at him. Wow.. Why did I feel a tingly thing inside of me?

Why did I feel a tingly thing inside of me?

---

--End of episode 4--