제 1 회 - 아파요

Candlelight | NCT U / SMRookies / NCT Fanfic [ Doyoung ]

제 1 회 - 아파요

Like The Wind - Jung Eunji playing...

---

Kim Jiho's POV...

*train sounds*

I'm leaning my head on the window of the bus, with a blank face just looking at the random landscapes we passed. Blinking my eyes twice, before sitting up properly. Then slowly the sight of my father leaving repeats in my mind, I closed my eyes, trying to forget the scene.

I rub my eyes, feeling the sleepiness nearing to me. You did nothing wrong, Jiho-ah.. Don't punish yourself.. I keep repeating those words in my head, thinking of everything that is positive. Just to help me be joyful, Why hide yourself? Prove what you're worth.. If only my self wasn't a failure.

"Seoul!"

The bus driver hollered, catching the attention of each passenger who headed to Seoul. I pulled my luggage and backpack out of the jammed sit, pulling it to me, then leaving the bus. Seoul.. We meet again, day thirteen... Still the same date when I first got here, also same as the day I left the first time as well..

And now, still the exact rolling numbers of time I came back here. 13th day of September. Hurry up, before you miss your ride.. I called a taxi and rode it to the house where I was suppose to stay in.

---

Son-kangdo street, Seoul.. I'm here again..

I paid the taxi driver, before leaving the car. I knocked on the wooden gate of the house, waiting for an answer. "Coming!" I heard my grandmother's voice from inside. Then, the gate opened revealing her kind figure. "Jiho! Child! How are you?" Grammy gave me a hug, before letting me in. "I'm all fine, Grammy. How about you?" I asked her, closing the gate.

"I'm all well, thank you. Your grandfather is waiting for you inside." Grammy said, and went inside first. While, I followed from behind. "Yeonguk! Your grandchild is here already!"

It seemed like nothing changed here, the old statues are still here, lightings didn't even change, design? It looks renovated. "Abeoji, good evening." I greeted grandpa, in a polite manner. "Did you eat your dinner yet, Jiho?" Grandpa asked me, sipping his tea. "I already ate along the way. Thank you." I wonder if my cousin also came home here. "You're in timing, Jiho. Your cousin is here as well!" Grammy said, full of joy in her voice.

"Both of our grandchildren ditched their parents, for not giving them time."

"Yeonguk! Watch your words!"

"It's true after all, Hwayoo. Look at this, not last year. Your eldest son's son, Haneul also came here, because his parents were too busy with the company, that they forgot they had a child. Then, your second son's son and your third son's daughter, Taehyung and Jiho went home here as well. Just because of their family going overseas. Leaving them in their gigantic mansions alone." Grandpa replied, giving Grammy a disappointed face. His voice grumpy, showing the disapproval with the way of our parents raising us.

"Don't worry Jiho, grandpa will be having a word with your parents as well. You can go to your room now." I nodded in reply, bringing my bag and luggage with me to my room. I locked the door behind me, turning the light on.

Sigh, why is it so hard being a daughter of a powerful family?

I sat down on the wooden floor, and leaned my forehead on my palm. Jiho, your parents are always leaving you. Your father left just yesterday for Italy, your mother went to London. This was the right decision to leave as well..

---

--The next day--

I fell asleep on my bed last night, I was pretty tired from traveling. Morning sun, it's really beautiful. I rubbed my eyes together, before sitting up. Hmm..? Grammy left a note. I picked it from my nightstand, opening it carefully.

Jiho-ah, I went to the market to buy food. I already made
  breakfast. It's on the table, after you read this. Please wake

   Taehyung up, both of you have to go to school to get your 
  need today ]

Market? She should've asked my help. So, she has someone to carry the things she bought.

I got off my bed, leaving my room. Going straight to Taehyung's. When I opened his door, darkness greeted me, not to mention the air conditioner in its maximum level. Ugh.. I feel drowsy again. I saw him sleeping soundly. Must control.

I walked forward, and plopped my body on top of his. Closing my eyes gently. "Yah, Jiho-ah.. You're so heavy.." Taehyung muttered, still sleeping. "It's so comfortable sleeping on you." I muttered back at him. "Grandpa will catch us still sleeping. He'll kill both of us.." Zzzzz..

"Taehyung? Jiho?"

As soon as we heard grandpa's voice, we got off each other. Fixing ourselves. "Come on." I pulled his arm, and he shook his head in denial, slightly pouting, with his eyes closed. "I'll tell grandpa you stayed up all night, playing with your PS Vita." I threatened him. "I'm up, I'm up. Geez.. Jiho." We both walked out of his room, to see grandpa t the tiny branches and leaves of his mini tree.

"Good morning, grandpa."

"Morning, gramps."

"Hurry up, eat your breakfast and take a shower. You have to fetch your things in school." Grandpa reminded both us, and we just answered a 'yes'. "Jiho-ah, how's it going? Back home in Busan?" Taehyung asked, pouring milk in his glass and mine. "Just terrific, how's Gwangju?" I took a bite of my bread, not even wanting to answer his question.. "Same as always." He answers, eating his cereal. "Parents?"

"Parents overseas. Again." Taehyung paused, as he drank his milk.

"Abeoji is in New York, Eomma is in California.. Hyung is in Australia. I'm alone in the house." Same as I am actually, how come we're just being abandoned by our own parents? "Same here, Appa left the other day for Italy, Eomma traveled to London. Then, my brother, Mingyu transferred to Canada to study. Leaving me at home." I gave him a fed up look, I pierced my chopstick on the pork, and sighed heavily.

"Don't worry, we're in this together." Taehyung rubbed my back, and I nodded. We both continued eating.

---

We finished eating, taking a bath, and fixing ourselves. On cue, both of us stepped out of our room. I wore my coat, and went out. Slipping my feet in my shoes, I looked up at the sky. Looks peaceful up there.. "Kids, be safe in traveling." Grandpa told us, "Ne, we will. Bye, grandpa." I hugged grandpa, before leaving the house.

"Jiho-ah.. I'm going to be looking for a job here in a Seoul, for extras. How about you?" Taehyung said, glancing at me. "Hmm.. A job won't be bad, sure. I'll try." I responded, pulling the sleeve of my coat further down to my wrist. "Where we studying again?" I asked him this time. "Myeongji University. Right, that's where Soyoung noona transfered." Soyoung?

"Who's that?"

"Oh, my cousin in my eomma's side. Choi Soyoung is her name. She's from Incheon. Step cousins with Wongeun hyung." Taehyung explained to me, "Ah.. Arasseo, come on. The bus is there!" I pointed the one bus, waiting for passengers near the waiting shed. "This is practically weird.. It feels like I forgot something."

"Mongtae... You always forget things.. Sometimes you even forget to brush your teeth."

----

--End of Episode 1--