Heartbroken

Your Love in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Mark and Jinyoung got to Jackson’s house, they found him sitting on the living room couch and on the table sat a yellow note paper which they now recognize as the paper Bambam used for the tasks he left for Jackson. They looked at each other significantly and cautiously approached Jackson – they don’t know what mood their friend would be in. Jackson looked up and Mark’s heart broke at the sight of one of his closest friends – Jackson looked totally and utterly devastated. He looked like he just finished crying and when he saw Mark and Jinyoung, it seemed like he would break down and cry some more.

“Hey Jackson,” Mark started. “Jinyoung and I decided to come home early and bring some food. Youngjae and Jaebum are already on their way too,” Mark said, walking over to sit in front of Jackson.

Jackson just nodded but didn’t say anything.

“I’ll take these to the kitchen,” Jinyoung said, referring to the food. “Do you guys want anything to drink?” he added, already on his way to the kitchen.

“Soda for me please, hon,” Mark replied. Jackson still did not say anything; instead he continued to stare straight ahead.

Mark picked up the yellow note paper on the table and started reading. After reading the note, he understood his friend’s gloomy mood. Closing up Bambam’s online shop signifies finality – that the latter is really no longer here, it’s the same as giving away his clothes. Mark felt his heart grow a little heavier at that thought. He stared at Jackson, not quite knowing what to say.

Jinyoung came back with a can of soda for Mark and a cup of tea for Jackson. He chose to sit beside Jackson instead of joining Mark on the loveseat.

“So, what did you do today Jackson?” he asked.

This seemed to jolt Jackson away from his thoughts.

“Huh? Oh, uhh… I stayed in, played with Coco. Read a letter, then the task,” Jackson answered mechanically.

Jinyoung picked up the note and read. At that moment, the front door opened and Jaebum and Youngjae got in.

“Oh, you’re already here. Mark-hyung, did you buy the ice cream I wanted?” Youngjae asked, not realizing that the three are all sporting serious expressions – but Youngjae’s sunny disposition seemed to diffuse the tension, even just for a bit.

“Yes, I did. Jinyoung brought it to the kitchen.”

“It’s in the freezer,” Jinyoung said.

Jackson stood up, not really up for small talk.

“I will be in my bedroom. Can you guys let me know when Yugyeom gets here?” he asked them before bending back down to retrieve the note from the table then left.

The rest was left with no choice but to watch their friend as he went upstairs and go to his bedroom.

~~

Inside the bedroom he used to share with Bambam, Jackson didn’t know what to do. He felt his thr*oat c*onstrict, his heart expand that it start to physically hurt, his eyes water and before he knew it he was bawling. He looked around the bedroom and everything reminded him of Bambam and he could not take it any longer.

“Aaaarghhhh!!!” he yelled then picked up a vase sitting on the bay window, the one that Bambam used to fill with beautiful colorful flowers – the vase shattered into tiny million pieces as it hit the wall and fell on the floor.

“Just like my heart,” Jackson thought.

And when it started he could no longer stop. He started picking random things and throwing them around the room in a fit, he couldn’t stop. It’s like an emotion so powerful, so hidden deep inside of him has been suddenly let out. So he yelled, he screamed, and he broke things – he let it all go until he got  too weak to break things, his voice became hoarse from yelling and screaming.

The bedroom door suddenly opened and his five friends were all standing there – looking at the mess he made of the bedroom he once shared with Bambam. They found Jackson in the middle of the mess, crumpled on the floor, utterly devastated, sobbing and bawling like a child, hugging a framed photograph of Bambam close to his chest.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry baby. I didn’t mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter