XIX – Get Back Out There

Your Love in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After getting up from bed and going through his early morning ritual, Jackson picked up the box of letters and tasks from Bambam and picked out one purple envelope and one yellow note paper. He placed both inside the front pocket of his backpack.

He decided that he wanted to get out of the house that day, destination unknown. He wants to drive and get away – preferably at the back of his motorcycle. It has been a long time since he felt the wind on his face as he drives through endless roads, has been a while since he just drove and let go and felt free.

And that’s exactly what he did. He got on his motorcycle and sped away, as if the rate of how much power he puts on the motorcycle would somehow erase the raging emotions warring inside his chest.

He found himself stopping at a familiar forest park – he used to drive to this park whenever he wanted to get away from the noise and pollution of the city. He parked his motorcycle beside one of the benches scattered all over the park and sat, placing his backpack beside him.

He took out his water bottle and greedily drank, not realizing until then how parched his thr*oat has become. Jackson sat on the bench, quietly taking in the sounds that only nature can bring. He can hear birds chirping high up in the trees and just behind him, he knows that a waterfall is steadily flowing as evident by the calming and relaxing sounds he’s hearing.

Jackson opened his backpack’s front pocket and pulled out the purple envelope and yellow note paper. He took the letter out and started reading.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter