Laughter is the Best Medicine

Your Love in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First off, I would like to say sorry for not updating for more than a month. I promise this story is not abandoned; I have already drafted the ending so stay with me please. And I also want to say thank you to everyone who subscribed and left comments. You guys make me want to update more.

So, because I haven’t updated for too long, I will be posting 2 chapters. Enjoy!!! J

 

Dear Jack,

I laughed so hard today. It’s a gift – to be able to laugh this much. I find that these past few months, we have forgotten the joys of just letting go and laughing until our sides hurt and our tears fall from too much laughter.

You should be doing this more, love – laughing, I mean. I don’t want to go knowing that I have robbed you of laughter. So laugh. Laugh until you feel like peeing because it’s gotten too much. J

And when you laugh and feel happiness bubble up inside, do not ever feel guilty because I am not there to laugh with you. I will always be there, Jack – in your heart, I am there. So when you are feeling happy, remind yourself that I am happy too because I am in your heart.

I want you to be happy. You believe that, right?

 

“Yes baby, I do,” Jackson answered the question out loud then continued reading the letter.

 

So anyway, I said I laughed so hard today. There’s this memory that triggered the endless laughter. Remember that one time you trapped Yugyeom in the basement? We thought he was kidnapped because he didn’t show up to our group’s weekly movie night.

 

Jackson let out a laugh. He remembered what Bambam was referring to. And just like that, his mind brought him back to that day when he accidentally locked Yugyeom in the basement of his dormitory.

~~~~

Jackson was on his way to the school’s library when he saw Bambam walking with Yugyeom towards the college dorm. Since Bambam is living with him in his apartment, he surmised that they were going to Yugyeom’s dorm room. He didn’t like it one bit though because he has plans of taking Bam out for  dinner that night before they meet up with their other friends to go to  the movies and if Bambam is going with Yugyeom to the latter’s dorm, then that means Bambam will not be home in time for dinner. So instead of going to the library, he followed the two to the dorm.

He can see them walking side by side, shoulders almost touching. He walked faster to catch up to the two.

“Bammie! Yugyeomie!” He yelled, hoping the two would hear him amidst the noise of the other students, all excited to start their Friday night partying.

Bambam turned around to look for who’s calling them and his face lit up when he saw that it was Jackson.

“Jack!” he said with a big grin. Jackson hurriedly joined them, got in between the two and placed his arm around Bambam’s shoulders before turning to greet Yugyeom.

“Hey! Where are you guys off to?” he asked, addressing Yugyeom.

“Uhmm, we were just gonna go to my room, hyung. I have a project that I need Bam’s help with,” Yugyeom timidly answered.

“Well, mind if I join?”

Before Yugyeom could answer, Bambam joined the conversation and said, “Jack, why don’t you wait for me at the apartment. Yugyeom’s project won’t take long, promise. I just need to help him with a few sketches for his art elective subject. I’ll join you for dinner?” Bambam asked Jackson with a smile. Jackson could not help but give in even though he really does not want to leave Bambam alone with Yugeyon in the latter’s dorm room – for some reason he finds himself a little bit jealous of Bam’s close relationship  with Yugyeom.

“Alright. I’ll come pick you up though then we can go have dinner. How about that? Say after 2 hours?” he negotiated. Bambam gave him an eyeroll before agreeing.

“Sure, see you after two hours! Bye!” he said and dragged Yugyeom inside the building. Jackson was left standing who still could not believe that Bambam just left like that. Yugyeom turned and gave Jackson a wave before getting dragged by Bambam.

After two hours, Jackson parked his car outside the building and went inside Yugyeom’s dormitory. He went straight to Yugyeom’s dorm room and turned the knob only to find it locked. Different scenarios are already playing in his head – none of them good. He pictured Yugyeom and Bambam making out, kissing and “What the hell!” he stopped himself from imagining things that just make his heart go a little bit crazier. He knocked and heard someone turning the knob on the other side. Yugyeom greeted him with a smile.

“Hyung! Bam just went to the cafeteria to meet one of his classmates. He said he’ll be back here to meet you,” Yugyeom greeted Jackson and explained why Bambam is no longer around.

“Oh, okay,” Jackson said, looking around Yugyeom’s dorm room, from the unmade bed to the unwashed clothes strewn all over the floor.

“Uhmm, I was gonna go down to the basement laundry area to get my stuff washed, hyung. Would you want to stay here and wait for Bam?” YUgyeom asked.

“I’ll go with you. C’mon, let’s go.” Jackson easily said. So he and Yugyeom proceeded to the basement where the dorm’s laundry area is. There were no other students there; it being a Friday and almost everyone are out enjoying the start to the weekend.

“Hyung, Bam might look for you. Are you sure you want to be with me here?” Yugyeom asked.

“Yeah, sure. Bammie will wait.” Jackson replied, looking around the laundry area. There are tables and different colored chairs and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter