How We Came to Be

Your Love in a Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bambam and Jackson had always been together. In fact, they do not remember any event in their lives where the other is not present. For Bambam, Jackson had always been a constant in his life. When Bambam wanted to learn how to ride a bicycle when he was 5, eight-year old Jackson was there to teach him how to do it. When a ten-year old Bambam wanted to build a tree house on their backyard but his dad was too busy to help him do it, thirteen-year old Jackson was there for him and with the help of their friends Jaebum, Mark, Jinyoung, and Youngjae they were able to build Bambam’s tree house which soon turned into their group’s meeting place.

At fifteen, when an awkward Bambam felt too small for high school, eighteen-year old Jackson was there to make sure that no one messes with his best friend. When Bambam started college at the same university that Jackson attended, they decided to lease an apartment together. Really, there has never been an event in Bambam’s life that Jackson was not there. And the same goes for Jackson, Bambam has always been there.

Bambam was nineteen when both of them finally admitted that they were more than just best friends, that what they felt for each other is a rare gift that not everyone is lucky enough to receive. They were in-love with each other. And they did not even have a hard time admitting their feelings – it was like it has always been meant to be, for the two of them to be together. There was no question about it, they were meant to love each other, like Bambam was made just for Jackson and Jackson in turn were made especially for Bambam. There would be no Jackson without Bambam and no Bambam without Jackson. They were two pieces of a puzzle, perfect for each other.

It was a cold winter morning and their apartment felt colder than usual that when Jackson woke up, all he wanted to do was curl back under the comfort of his blankets and go right back to sleep. But then he remembered Bambam, and that the younger guy might already be freezing since he really is not a fan of turning the heater up in the apartment. So Jackson got up to turn the heater up but found that it had already been set. Instead of going back to bed, he went outside of his bedroom to check on Bambam. He was shocked to find Bambam in the kitchen, already up and apparently making breakfast.

“Hey, what are you doing up so early on a Sunday? Isn’t your life’s motto to stay in as late as you can on Sunday mornings?” Jackson asked and Bambam pouted.

“Be like that, Jack. I won’t give you pancakes, bacon, toast, omelet, waffles and coffee,” he said, pointing at each item he neatly arranged on the table.

“Why did you make so much food? Are we feeding an army?”Jackson asked, amused.

“No, but you eat like an army anyway so it doesn’t matter,” Bambam cheekily replied. Jackson couldn’t help but laugh.

“That’s true though but only because you cook the best food. I don’t even know how I will survive without you Bam. Who will cook my breakfasts, lunches, dinners and even occasional snacks when you graduate and decide to move out?” Jackson asked, face suddenly turning all-serious, but there was also a hint of sadness that he could not mask.

“Who said I was moving out?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter