Letting Go.

It's Not the Real Me.

 

(A/N) Before you guys read, I just hope that you guys will listen to this song by Yesung as you read, it really adds to the mood. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PjytYQvByg&feature=related

---

 

Chapter 28: Letting Go.

---

“Good evening everyone, we’re sorry for being late,” Jaejoong bowed deeply to his and Yuri’s beaming parents. Behind Jaejoong, Yuri bowed slightly. She couldn’t bring herself to look at her own parents. 

“It’s alright, we just arrived anyway, sit down!” Yuri’s mother gestured for them to sit down as she sighed inwardly at Yuri’s outfit. Jaejoong smiled and proceeded to take a seat, while Yuri stood rooted, not moving. 

 

“Yuri ahh, what’s wrong? Go take a seat!”  Everyone looked at Yuri with queer eyes.

“No, actually, I don’t plan on staying for dinner. I…just want to clear some things up.”

 

Jaejoong knew it.

He knew that Yuri was going to tell their parents to cancel off the marriage.

But his heart felt like it broke into a tiny million pieces.

Why does my heart hurt so much? I knew it all along, didn’t I? That she was not going to marry me, so why does the truth hurt so much?

 

“What are you saying, Yuri dear? Have dinner first, we could always talk things over food,” Jaejoong’s mother waved her hand at Yuri to sit down. But Yuri shook her head. She knew everyone was looking at her, especially her father who was giving her a disapproving glare.

 

But she was going to have to speak up for herself.

Not for Nichkhun, not for Yunho, not for Jaejoong.

But for herself.

It was time to stop all the nonsense once and for all.

 

“I know that for this marriage between Jaejoong oppa and me, much work, effort and money has been put into. I also know that everyone is very excited for this once in a lifetime event. But, I hope that this marriage can be cancelled off.”

 

Jaejoong and Yuri’s mother gasped, as Yuri’s father narrowed his eyes at his daughter. Before anyone could say anything, Yuri continued.

 

“It’s not that I despise Jaejoong oppa, but I am a human too. I have feelings, and I want to be able to marry someone I truly love. I’m very thankful for Jaejoong oppa, he’s helped and comforted me when I felt like I was at my lowest,” Yuri glanced at Jaejoong and smiled, “I was happy that he came into my life, as a friend, but that’s just where our fate ends.”

 

Jaejoong chuckled sadly as he lowered his head.

I guess we can only stay that way, just as friends.

 

Yuri’s father banged the table and stood up angrily.

“WHAT ARE YOU-“

 

“Actually,”Jaejoong stood up, cutting of Yuri’s father’s words, “Yuri is still so young, she has a great future laid out ahead for her. Since she only sees me as a friend, this marriage is only going to make the both of us unhappy, so please…let us off.”

 

Jaejoong bowed and blinked back his tears. He looked up to see a mixed of disappointment, shocked and angry faces. He did not think twice, he grabbed Yuri’s hands and made a dash for the exit, leaving their parents at a loss of words.

Yuri, who was equally as shocked at his sudden words, could only follow where Jaejoong led her. As they ran, Jaejoong’s tears finally spilled out.

 

No, I love her, why am I helping her to cancel off the marriage?

Why am I driving away my own love?

 

He continued running and his grip on Yuri’s hands tightened, as more tears escaped his eyes.  A flashback of memories flashed in his mind and it dawned on him.

 

I love her. That’s why I’m letting her go.

 

“Oppa…Jaejoong oppa!” Yuri called out, she was confused at everything.

 

Jaejoong slowed down and stopped upon hearing Yuri. He turned his face away and wiped his tears quickly while Yuri was catching her breath so she wouldn’t see his tear-stained face.

 

Yuri looked at Jaejoong as she took in deep breaths. “Oppa…why did you-“, Yuri started when she cut off by Jaejoong’s ringing cellphone.

Jaejoong bit his lip in an attempt to calm himself and answered his phone.

 

“Yoboseyo?”  As Jaejoong listened to the other party on the line, his brows furrowed and with a grim expression, he turned to Yuri while lowering his phone.

 

“Yuri ahh, that was Sunny…and something happened to Nichkhun.”

---

(A/N) Hey guys, I'm sorry for my long hiatus once again!! I don't know how many times I've apologized for this, but I was just really caught up with other stuff!! Okay, about those flashback of memories that flashed in Jaejoong's mind, I will explain in the next chapted. Just a short note on why I requested you all to play that song up there, it's because the song was the main inspiration for this chapter. As I was writing this, I had the song on replay and it helped me so much! Gosh Yesung is really good at playing with fan's heartstrings ;') Anyway, I really wish that there will be more comments, it really spurs me on :) And here's a big shoutout to RippledOcean cos she reminded me to update this story, and I'm grateful for that! Anyway, I love all my readers, silent or not, and to end off...

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT GUYS :D