Release.

It's Not the Real Me.

 

Chapter 19: Release.

---

“O…Oppa, stop joking…”

 

Yuri looked at Yun Ho wide-eyed.

Yun Ho smiled as he inched closer to Yuri.

He brought his face near her ear and whispered.

 

“You know what? I fell for you the very instant I met you. You’re beautiful and…very different. You don’t look down on me for my poor family background. I want and promise to make you the happiest woman alive, not by money nor by goods, but by my everlasting love for you.”

 

Yuri felt both giddy and dizzy with happiness.

Oh gosh.

I can just faint here.

Yun Ho stepped back and looked at her straight in the eyes.

Through his eyes, Yuri could sense the sincerity coming from the bottom of his heart.

 

Yun Ho grinned widely and hugged the stiff Yuri, stepping back only after awhile.

 

“I hate to say this, but I got to go. My sister’s waiting for me at home.”

 

Yuri nodded her head as she forced herself to smile.

 

“I’ll see you around, my dear Yuri.”

 

Yun Ho waved goodbye to Yuri and walked away after blowing a kiss to her.

Smiling, Yuri turned and walked to her dorm, as she replayed the scene over and over again.

---

What the heck?!

 

Yuri froze in her tracks as her happiness vanished without a trace.

Standing along the walkway, Yuri was stunned to see her mother knocking the door of her dorm.

 

“Omma?”

 

Yuri’s mother turned to see her shocked daughter.

Seeing the band aids on Yuri’s arms and legs, Yuri’s mother almost cried as she ran to her.

 

“Oh my poor Yuri ahh! Are these wounds painful?”

“Omma, what are you doing here?”

“Your school called me to tell me about your plight. I was so worried that I ordered Shin Young to get me an express train ticket here!”

“Come on, let’s go in to my dorm first.”

 

Yuri gestured to her dorm and walked her mother there as she tried to calm her down.

Once they were in the dorm, Yuri’s mother started fussing about her again.

 

“Yuri ahh, this place is a total mess! I had a hard time locating it! And now look at what the school has done to you!”

“Omma, my injuries has nothing to do with Chang Mal. There were just some misunderstandings between me and another girl.”

“But I don’t trust this school! Come back with me to Seoul, at least I can be sure of the security there! Don’t you miss Do Sun and Rae Nin? Your two best friends?”

“Omm-“

 

-Creakkk-

 

The opening of the door interrupted Yuri.

And the very person whom Yuri hated to see appeared.

 

“Yes, yes I understand. I’m in Busan now, but I’ll get back to you when I return to Seoul. Settle that business deal for me in the meantime. Yeah, call me if there’s any problem. Araso, bye.”

 

Mr Kwon ended his call as he placed his cell phone back into his pocket.

 

“OMMA, WHAT IS THIS GUY DOING HERE?!”

 

Yuri pointed to Mr Kwon as she demanded an answer from her mother.

Immediately, Mr Kwon fired back for Yuri’s mother.

 

“What do you mean ‘this guy’? I’m your Dad, Kwon Yuri!”

“YOU are not my Dad, you are NOT FIT to be my Dad!”

“YAH! Look at your manners! Actually, I was thinking of letting you go back to Seoul today. But seeing your horrible manners, I’ve changed my mind. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO STAY HERE!”

 

Yuri’s mother who was tired from all the shouting had seated down on one of the chairs. But she shot up immediately when she heard Mr Kwon wanting Yuri to continue staying in Chang Mal.

 

“Eul Gi! You promised me that you’ll let Yuri go back!”

“Forget it, Omma. I don’t want to go back to Seoul anyway. I like it here.”

“Yuri ahh, please don’t sa-“

“Omma! I’m sick and tired of all these crap. I like it here at Chang Mal and I am not going back to Seoul. Please stop ruining my life already…I’m not going to probe further on the real identity of this guy today. Just go back.”

“Yu-“

“OMMA! PLEASE! I need time to sort out my thoughts.”

 

Yuri’s mother let out a huge sigh.

 

“Fine, we’ll go. But you must promise me not to do anything silly.”

“Araso, now go back, Omma.”

 

Yuri pleaded as she felt her tears coming to her eyes.

She held them back and watched as her mother dragged the fuming Mr Kwon out of her dorm.

The moment the door slammed shut, Yuri fell onto the floor, as she hugged her legs close to her chest and cried as she let out the tears she had been holding for long.

Why?

Why must they do this to me?

Why are they ruining my life?!

 

Just then, the door opened. Yuri looked up slowly to see a concerned Nichkhun.

Without a word, Nichkhun settled himself beside Yuri and hugged her tightly as she buried her head into his broad chest.

Nichkhun placed his chin on Yuri’s head, not minding the wet stain that Yuri’s tears were creating on his T-shirt.

When it felt like Yuri had no more tears, she looked up at Nichkhun and muttered, “Thank you so much, Nichkhun.”

 

Nichkhun smiled at her as he tucked a strand of hair that had fallen out of place behind Yuri’s ear.

 

“Yuri ahh, do you want to come with me to somewhere? I promise you, you’ll feel better after going.”

 

Yuri produced a weak smile and stood up while nodding.

Nichkhun reached for Yuri’s hand and held it tightly, before leading her out of her dorm.

---

As Yuri grabbed hold of Nichkhun’s waist tightly, she closed her eyes, enjoying the wind and serenity.

Finally, the bicycle reached its destination and halted to a stop.

 

Yuri opened her eyes and hopped out of the bicycle as she stared in awe at the beautiful scenery.

Nichkhun walked over to join her after securing his bike to a lamp post.

 

“It’s beautiful, Nichkhun.”

“Yes it is. Since I was young, I came here whenever I felt troubled. Even when I found out about Tiffany.”

“Jinjja? This beach must mean a lot to you.”

“It’s like my second home, Yuri. And I want it to be yours too.”

 

Yuri broke her eye-contact with the scenic beach and turned to look at Nichkhun, smiling.

 

“I’d love to have a home like this.”

 

Nichkhun smiled back and held Yuri’s shoulders gently.

 

“Yuri ahh, I don’t know what troubles you’re facing but I want to help you release them. All you need to do is to follow me.”

 

Nichkhun walked a few steps in front and shouted, “ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

Yuri, who was quietly observing everything, followed Nichhun’s footsteps.

She took in a deep breath before shouting like what Nichkhun did.

I want to forget all about home.

I want to forget about Mum.

I want to forget about that bastard.

I want to forget everything.

 

When Yuri had no more breath, she smiled and hugged Nichkhun, who was staring at her.

She felt awesome.

 

“Nichkhun, thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I don’t regret meeting you and you’ll always be in my heart.”

 

She pulled away from the hug to see a grinning Nichkhun.

 

“Yah Yuri ahh, why don’t you call me oppa?”

 

This time, Yuri did not hesitate.

Nichkhun was worthy to be it.

 

“Oppa.”

---

(A/N) Hello. Here's another chapter even though I haven't reached the target number of subscribers yet :) I couldn't resist. Besides, I'll be starting school in another 2 days time. So I wouldn't have much time to update. right, I know. ): I just want to say, thank you for all the comments and subscribers but please continue to comment and those who enjoy 'Its Not the Real Me', don't be a silent reader alright. ((:

~Enjoy~

-Tinylittlemoment