Illness

It's Not the Real Me.

 

---

Chapter 29: Illness.

---

Yuri squeezed her eyes shut tightly, her hands clasped together as she muttered prayers fervently. 

 

“He’s going to be fine,”Jaejoong assured her, as he placed his right hand over hers, while he used his other hand to steer the wheel.

 

Yuri opened her eyes wearily.

I hope so too, oppa, please be alright.

 

Within moments, Jaejoong’s car had swerved into the hospital’s foyer that Sunny had mentioned in the phone call.

“Go on, Yuri, go find out about Nichkhun’s condition. I know you’re worried. I’ll join you after I park my car.”Jaejoong said as he faced a teary-eyed Yuri.

“Thank you…and sorry oppa, I don’t know what I would’ve done without you,” Yuri whispered with sincerity filling her eyes.

 

Jaejoong smiled and nodded his head. He would have done anything for Yuri, even if it meant that her love was for another man. Yuri gave Jaejoong one last grateful look before dashing into hospital.

---

“Sunny!” Yuri called out from afar, as she saw her roommate huddled on a seat.

 

Sunny looked up with a tear stained face. She gasped and tried to wipe any remaining tears away.

“You’re here,”Sunny addressed Yuri as she tried to look as normal as possible.

“Where’s Nichkhun oppa? “

“He was just given a shot, so he’s going to be unconscious for awhile now.”

“So what’s wrong with him?”

“He’s…erm,”  Sunny looked at anyway but Yuri, as she tried to make up a possible excuse, “just…overly tired! Yes, the doctor said he fainted due to fatigue, like what happened to you the other time.”

 

Yuri heaved a sigh of relief, while Sunny bit her lips in guilt. It wasn’t like she had wanted to lie to Yuri on purpose. Yuri was her best friend, and she would have told her the truth anytime. But, Nichkhun had pleaded her to never tell Yuri the truth, and this time, Sunny felt like that was the right thing to do, even if Yuri was obliged to know the real reason behind Nichkun’s condition.

 

“Can I go see him?” Yuri asked, breaking Sunny out of her thoughts.

Sunny nodded, and brought her to see Nichkhun.

 

Yuri winced as she saw Nichkhun’s arm linked to those terrifying-looking machines. He looked…horrible. She caressed his face gently and looked at him with loving eyes.  

“I didn’t know his arm had to be connected to so many machines just because of over-fatigue. I wasn’t like that the last time.” Yuri stated, not breaking off her gaze towards Nichkhun.

Sunny bit her lips again, “I don’t know…maybe it’s to help him recover faster or something.”

 

Yuri sat her Nichkhun’s bed and nodded slightly in response to Sunny. She wasn’t really paying much attention to Sunny, all she knew now, was to be by Nickhun’s side.

Sunny sighed and left the room, only to see Jaejoong’s walking over to Nichkhun’s ward.

 

“Jaejoong oppa, what are you doing here?”

“I sent Yuri over from the restaurant after I got your call.”

“Oh…yeah.”

“Is Nichkhun okay?”

 

Sunny looked up at Jaejoong’s handsome face.

He…can know the truth, right?

I don’t want to live with the guilt of lying to so many people.

 

“Jaejoong oppa, Nichkhun oppa…he has leukemia.”

 

“WHAT?!” An unknown voice shouted.

---

(A/N) Omg I'm such a bad writer T_T I'm sooooo sorry for this late and short update!! Thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented, I'll try to start comment replies in the next update, though I'm really awkward with those...I will also try my best to update more frequent and longer updates now, since I've started my holidays.already ^-^ Whoooo *fireworks* As usual, do leave comments and I LOVE YOU ALL<333 

(P.s. Have you all noticed Yuri's smiles these days? It's getting a little...unusual)

(P.s. again/Are pairings like Khunri/Yunri/Jaeri still alive?)