Destiny's Joke

His number = My chance

 

I'm still experimenting and finding my way of writing, so this chapter is a bit different. I've changed the time from the past to the present I hope you don't mind~ Enjoy! ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honesly, I have to say that, after writing that last text so cooly, everything I have in my head is just pure nothing. There's nothing inside. NOTHING! What am I supposed to do? My plan was to make him like me but how exactly am I supposed to do it through text messages? How?!

Even though I can't answer that, there's already progress! He said he's interested! That's a good thing, right?

 

I know I have to think of something, but before that I decide to have my head cleared out. Through volleyball practice!

 

I like volleyball. It helps me very much when I want to clear out my thoughts or just get away from them. By focusing on the ball and game I don't let any other thoughts get in my head. It's almost like meditation for me.

Another thing that's great is that I have 2 friends – HyoNi and SuYoon - that come here too! I can finally have some time together with my girls! They live far from here, so I can't meet them often when were not at school.

 

*

After practice. In the dressing room

 

I check my phone. 2 new messages. One is from Jinki-oppa, obviously. What about the other? Could it be Kibum?! No way!!

"Your oppa?" HyoNi asks, knowing the answer already.

"Of course." I answer with fake cheerfullness.

"When will he change? He's been like this for a long time already. He should understand that you can be fine without him too now. He's been like a possesive mother for long enough. Why haven't you told him to stop it? Seriously. So he understands and let's you live your life." SuYoon says with her charasteric seriousness when she starts thinking philisophycally or something.

"But it's kind of cute. And I like being taken care of. Well, maybe not that much but still. Also, I don't want to hurt his feelings. He really treasures me very much."

"In he's place I wouldn't be so good to you after you've ignored me the whole day. Lunch was terrible."

 

Flashback

"SooooooooooJiiiiiiiiiiiin~ Here. I bought your favorite – chocolate milk. Will you talk to me now?" he says as he waves it in front of my face. That's dirty! Who does he think I am? Trying to bribe me, psh. No, not gonna fall for this. Even if it's chocolate milk, I won't. No. No. No. NO. NO! And no.

 

"Hey, SooJin. Is everything really okay? Stop it! Talk to me! Or I'll start crying!" I give him a look.

"That's it." he says and inhales a lot of air afterwards. He is about to fake cry in front of everyone that are in the cafeteria at the moment, but Minho stops him. He puts a hand over the 'big baby's' mouth and says:

 

"That's enough, hyung. It's not worth it. You should save at least a bit of respect from others. You don't want to be thought of as crazy by everyone."

Jinki-oppa seems to calm down. He puts a hand on Minho's hand and pushes it off:

"I don't care, Minho. If SooJin's not talking to me than nothing matters to me anymore." He looks really depressed. I want to hug him, but I can't. Not here, not now. I should apologise later.

End of flashback

 

"Yeah, I really should apologise."

"Don't forget to buy him chicken!" HyoNi adds. We laugh.

Knock, knock. We hear someone knocking on the dressroom's door.

 

"Hey, please open. Someone forgot their hoodie." a guy's voice says.

"Oh, it was me!" I say noticing I don't have my jumper with me. "I must have left it on the bench."

I open the door. "Thank you." I say. And then notice who it is.

 

"You're welcome." a familiar face answers. It's Key. Wow, he's smiling. So different from before. But I notice that there's something wrong with his smile. As if he's trying hard to keep it. Faking it. Oh, well. I close the door.

 

"Who was that? Do you know him?" HyoNi asks.

"He goes to my class. I think he's name is Key or something."

 

"What?! He goes to your class?? You must be lucky or something! Why do you have all these cute guys around you? Kibum, now this Key guy, your oppa..." she dazes off.

"What about my oppa?" HyoNi blushes. "WHAT?! YOU LIKE JINKI-OPPA?!" I scream. everyone turns their heads to us. Not again..!

 

"Turn down your volume, girl!" she puts a hand on my mouth. "So what if I do? He's handsome and nice. And sweet, and his smile is so adorable and--" "Enough is enough!" I cut her off. "I don't need more info. I can't believe it! Since when?"

 

"Since recently. He helped her to get up when she fell." SuYoon answers in her place.

"Okay. This is too shocking. But knowing you... Yeah."

"I'm sorry but we're gonna have to leave you in this state. We don't want to miss our bus. Right, HyoNi?"

 

"Yes, SuYoon. I'll answer all your questions tomorrow , if you have any." I nod.

They pick up their things and go.

"Bye, girls!"

"Bye!" they reply in sync.

 

Oh no! Oppa! I pick up my phone and open the messages. One is from oppa:

 

From: Jinki-oppa

Don't forget to call me when practise ends!

Saranghe <3

 

Well, I knew this was coming. I'm gonna apologise when I meet him. But should I call? Naah, I'll just send a text.

 

To: Jinki-oppa

Practise ended. I'm waiting for you by the gym.

Nado, saranghe.

 

The other:

From: K. K. <3

Giving up already? I guess I overrated u.

 

Oopss, I still haven't thought of anything! My head is emtier than before, if that's even possible...

 

To: K. K. <3

No, I'm not. I was busy.

I had volleyball practise.

 

At least this much.

I pick up my things and go out. I'll just wait by the entrance door.

"Hey! SooJin, right?" a familiar voice asks. I turn around. Key.

"Yes. That's my name. Do you need anything from me?"

 

"Surprisingly, I do. I need you to leave Jinki-hyung alone. I know girls like you. You don't deserve guys like hyung. Better get away from him if you want to have a normal life. You don't want to get on my bad side." he angrily replies.

 

I'm stunned. I have no words. No reply.

"Girls like me? Guys like oppa? What the hell are you talking about?!"

"I overheard your conversation. You shouldn't be together with him just because of pity. And being so mean to him – ignoring him when he cares for you so much. You're a real , you know that?"

"WHAT?!" I seriously just want to punch that guys face right here and now!

 

"SooooJiiin~" oppa sings happily running to us.

"Don't forget what I said." Key cheerfully says before turning away and walking off. That is so creepy! He's so weird! What did he mean by all that? And he called me WHAT? I'm so angry! But I have to calm down. I don't want oppa to worry again.

 

"Was that Key? Why were you with him? Are you friends?"

"Yes. It was volleyball stuff. And no. Were definitely NOT friends."

"Oh my! You're talking to me! I'm so happy!" Good thing he didn't notice with what tone I spoke of Key.

 

He picks me up and spins me around. "I love you SooJin! I love my little dongsaeng"

"Stop it oppa! What if someone sees us! I'll get mad again!"

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just very very happy now!" he says as he puts me down.

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I'm sorry for acting that way." I say as I hug him.

"Soojin! It's okay. It was nothing." He gives me a sweet smile.

"Let's go home."

"Mhm."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N ANOTHER CHAPTER! YAAY! ;D I'm happy I can finally post everything I've written T_T