Sick

His number = My chance

 

Monday morning.

After the nice moments of the weekendI feel very refreshened and ready to deal with school and anything else that I have to meet.

Even the fact that I didn't hear my alarm clock, doesn't bring me down.

Even when I'm rushing through my house to get all the things I need and do my morning routine, I still am as cheerful as ever.

Even when I almost choke while trying to eat the chicken wigs [Made by Jinki-oppa, of course], I still keep smiling.

 

Done. I'm done and I still have enough time to go to school normally. No need to run!

"Oppa, I won't wait for you anymore, I want to be on time!" I yell, for oppa to hear. He's upstairs and he was late to get up too. We truly are siblings...

I quickly get to the hallway to put on my black sneakers. I don't mind at all wearing sneakers with my school uniform or any skirt at all. I think it looks stylish~

I bend down to tie them. As I do that I remember something. Oh, my new ring! I should put it on today. I quickly straighten myself and take one step towards the stairs but stop because I feel a weird sensation in my head. Everything starts spinning and turning. I try to keep my ballance but stumble. I see a blurry face with a weird expression and hear a worried voice saying: "Soojin, are you okay?"

 

Jinki's POV

 

Thud. A sound is heard as I see my dongsaeng falling on the floor. I'm not fast enough to catch her. I notice too late that she is going to faint and fall.

I run up to her: "Soojin, are you okay?! Soojin-ah!"

 

 

I have taken her to her room and laid her down on the bed. I put medicine and water on the table, leave a note for her so she knows what happened and leave.

I don't want to leave her alone, but I can't miss school. I've already missed the first lesson... And I know she's going to be okay. It's not the first time something like this happens.

 

Soojin, she's, well, sick.

She has been for a while. It's not something life endangering but it's still a sickness and it's not good for her.

She has these moments of weakness when she suddenly has no power and sometimes she faints. Not always though. Sometimes she just has to sit and rest and she's okay again.

This time I guess, she was overly exhausted.

It's all because of stress, the situation with umma and all, also – school, where all her friends are in different classes. It's been very stressful for her lately.

 

I just hope it ends soon and she can live peacefully and be healthy...

 

 

Soojin's POV

 

I walk down the stairs and make my way to the living room.

"Umma?" I ask, wanting her to turn her face to me. I'm tired of seeing her back turned to me...

"..."

She keeps quiet and doesn't turn as I want her to.

She stands up and starts walking away. Still, I can't see her face.

"Umma, wait!" I yell.

She rushes to the hallway.

"Umma!" I continue to yell desperately.

She stops by the door.

"...umma?"

Then she opens the door and loudly slams it close behind her.

I run to the door and try to open it but I can't. I pull the door knob but it seems like it's locked.

"No! Umma, don't leave me! Open the door! Please! Don't go! Umma!" I cry desperately. I feel so pathetic and helpless.

"I need a key... but where is it?" I look around but can't find it anywhere.

I turn to the door again but it's gone. I can't see it anymore. It has dissapeared.

"No, umma! Don't leave me! Don't go! NO!"

 

 

 

My eyes fly open. I quickly take in a deep breath. Then another. I put a hand on my chest and clutch on to it. I continue taking quick, heavy and loud breathes...

Was I holding my breath?

I feel water flowing from my eyes. Tears. I pull my knees up to my chest and hug them, while sobbing quitely.

It was only just a dream.

 

After a few minutes I have calmed myself. What happened? Did I faint sgain?...

I slowly get up, my head throbbing a bit. I look at my table.

I see a glass of water. I get up and walk up to the table. There's also a note and some medicine on it.

 

Soojin-ah! You fainted! D:

I'm sorry I left you alone... But you know our school's teachers – they wouldn't understand...

But if there's something or anything at all you need, call me and I'll come home!

Take the medicine and have a good rest! I'll inform the teachers about what happened.

 

Love, Jinki

P.S. REST!

 

Sigh... Again. This is so stupid... My moments of weakness... I never know when they'll come and how much influence they'll leave on me. Whether I'll just have to sit and rest a bit, or faint and rest a LOT.

 

I know it's because of the stress. I know the reasons. I know I shouldn't stress over things so much to avoid these kinds of moments, but it's not like I can control my feelings on that level.

And isn't it always like this? When I get a bit of happiness, there're always sad feelings coming my way right after it. I hate, how the black lines in my life are so much thicker than the white lines.

 

 

**

 

"...jin. Soojin-ah. Soojin, wake up." I feel a voice next to my ear and grumble while turning away from the source of it.

"What is it?" I say in an annoyed voice while furrowing my eyebrows, eyes still closed.

"You have a guest~" he sings in a happy voice.

"Who?"

"Kibum's come to see you~"

Kibum?...

"WHAT?" I jump out of the bed.

"Yes~ He was very worried about you when I told him what happened and I invited him over~"

What is he saying? Since when did he approve of me liking a guy? And inviting him over to our house? WHAT IS GOING ON IN THAT CHICKEN FILLED MIND OF HIS?!

"W-Where is he?"

"Downstairs, in the living room."

"I-I'll be right there." Why am I stuttering?..

"Okay~ I'm going." he closes the door while smiling at me.

 

Why does it feel like he's trying to set me up with Kibum or something? Really, what is he thinking? I will never get his way of thinking...

 

I quickly change my uniform – only now do I notice that I have been sleeping in it since the accident this morning – to some casual jeans and a comfy, baggy t-shirt.

I take a look at the mirror. My hair's a mess! I comb it quickly. I also notice that there's no more mascara on my lashes. It's probably because of me crying earlier... Good thing oppa didn't notice anything. I also put a bit of mascara on my lashes. Done.

 

I slowly make my way downstairs my heart beating like crazy. What am I going to do? What am I going to say? What will he do? What will he say? Will I see that perfect smile of his? Will I be able to think at alll when I see him? Will I embarrass myself? Will oppa be there? What will he do?

 

While thinking of all this, I have already made my way downstairs. Notice how I haven't answered any question? Yeah... The questions just made my head emptier than it already was...

 

I take in a load of air and let it out slowly to calm myself. What do you know, it's not helping much...

 

I turn to the living room and see someone's back facing me. I remember to have seen this sight before, but quickly brush that thought away. I don't want anything to ruin this for me.

 

Wait. Wasn't Kibum's hair longer and black, not brown?Hmm... Maybe he went to the hairdresser?

 

"Soojin! You're here!" I jump a bit and turn around. Oppa's there, coming from the kitchen.

I see 2 cups of some kind of a drink in his hands. As he passes me I feel the fragrance, it's coffee.

Then my eyes stop on something. Someone, to be precise.

 

"Hi, Soojin." he waves quite awkwardly. My face drops.

 

 

A/N Thank you for reading! ^^

This chapter has the biggest word count out of all the chapters I've written :o

It's special~ Hehe

 

I kind of think [and hope] that my writting has gotten better since the first chapters, what do you think? :3

 

Love, S.O.