Up&Down;

His number = My chance

 

"Hey, kids! What are you doing here? This is a shop for grown ups! We don't sell these things to minors!" a person yells.

We both turn around and finally notice our surroundings. Omo! There's alchocol and cigarettes everywhere! We exchange glances.

"Sorry." we say in union and bow.

 

"We got lost." Key lies as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Well, anyways. This is not the place for people like you! Go to an ice-cream shop or something."

We bow again and leave.

Afterwards we can barely walk as we let out the laughter that we had held in.

"Bwahahahahha! We got lost! Nice one Key!"

"Hahahahah! Where the hell did you drag me to? Hahaha!" Key's laugh sounds so refreshing.

 

After a few minutes we finally stop.

"Haaah~ I hadn't laughed like this in a long time."

"Haha, me too." Key turns to face me and gives me a warm smile. He's words sound so sincere and his look is full of unhiden, real happiness. I can't hold back the heat that rushes to my face. Trying to hide my blush from him, I turn to look away.

 

"It's about time we go home, don't you think?"

"I guess. Though I don't want to." he says the last part very quitely so I don't hear it very well.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear. What did you say?"

"Oh. It's nothing important."

"What is it?"

"Nothing really."

"Tell me!"

"But it's really nothing much." he scraches the back of his neck again, acting all embarrassed.

"Key, tell me!"

"No, I really shoudn't..." he turns away, as if trying to hide his blush, but I can tell he is acting.

"Kee-eee-eey! Stop that~" I rush to his other side, but he turns his head again.

I hear him mumbling something.

 

We continued that way till suddenly Key stopped.

"We're here!" Key smiles. I stop and notice where we are.

"Oh! I didn't even notice. Time went by so fast." I giggle. We are already in front of my house.

"Yeah. Because it was fun."

"It certainly was!" We stay like that for a minute. Smiling at each other.

"Well, thank you for walking me home. " I stop the silence before it gets awkward.

"You're welcome."

"Bye, then."

"Bye. See you on Monday?" He asks.

"Yeah." Key then turns and walks away.

 

I open the door, still smiling to myself. Feeling good about today because it turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

I take off my shoes and walk inside the living room. My smile fades. I notice my umma and oppa sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Hi, oppa... Hi... umma."

"Hi Soojin~" oppa gives me a warm smile and I smile back.

 

Umma's back is facing me and she doesn't even turn around but asks:

"Where have you been, Soojin-ah?" in a cold tone of voice.

My smile fades again.

"I was out... shopping.. with a friend."

"Just shopping. With a friend."

"Yeah.." I scratch the back of my neck, feeling uncomfortable.

"I see."

 

The conversation has ended. I glance at my oppa who has a sad look in his eyes, before going up the stairs to my room.

After closing the door[trying not to slam it], I throw my bag on the ground and fall on my bed.

I'm trying hard to make the weird sensation in the area of my throat go away. Stupid! Don't cry!

Why would you cry, anyway? Stop it!

 

Ever since that time this is how my relationship with umma was like this. Small, uncomfortable conversations, almost no conversations at all... If there was no oppa, I think I would've left home already, because this would be unbearable... The silence, the coldness, the bad atmosphere... I try to stay outside the house or inside my room as much as I can, because it's hard to constantly feel hurt. I know that escaping is not a solution, but I haven't found it yet so I just try to avoid...

 

The feeling of guilt washes over me once again and I can't hold back the tears as the memories come back running... And the feeling of not knowing also... Oh, how bad can it feel sometimes when you can't remember...

 

I hear a soft knock on my door.

"Soojin, are you okay?" It's oppa. I try to compose myself so I can answer.

"I'm fine..." I manage to let out, but my voice cracks.

"Don't lie. I know you're not."

"Sorry oppa. I want be alone for now..."

"Soojin-"

"Please." I really want to stay alone now... All I can do is cry anyways so there's really no point of having anyone else around...

"Okay..." I hear his steps slowly fading.

 

After lying like that for a while, having cried everything out I hear my phone buzzing in my bag.

A text message? From who? I quickly search for my phone and unblock it to see who's the sender.

K. K. <3? Whaat?! I hurriedly open it.

 

From: K.K. <3

Hello, Secret~ That's my nickname for u, hehe Like it? ^^

Are u busy right now?

 

Kyaa~ He has a nickname for me! This makes my mood go up&up&up as high as it can go~

Why does he want to know wether I'm busy or not?~

 

To: K.K. <3

I like it ^^

No, I'm totally free. Why?

 

From: K. K. <3

I don't really have anything to do right now,

so do u mind having a conversation with me? Hehe

 

To: K.K. <3

So, you'll just use me to entertain you?

What? It sounds like that!

He's not replying... He's probably mad! Why did I write that?...

After about five minutes, there's a reply.

 

From: K. K. <3

No! I didn't mean it like that! I just...

Why are u doing this to me? U've left me speechless TT_TT

No one ever does that... U really are special.

Sometimes I wonder, are u just playing with me?

Do u even like me? Judging from this message it doesn't seem like it...

 

Oh, sh-!

 

To: K.K. <3

I didn't mean it like that either!

It just... felt like you thought that and then

I – you – angry – not- like- me – you- like-

Aish...

 

From: K.K. <3

Haha! I guess the feelings mutual~

 

WHAT? WHAT ASKGSLFGHLUJH? HUH?

-another message comes-

 

From: K.K. <3

I mean, being left speechless!! Sorry, the last

message from me was really easy to misunderstand...

Sorry...

 

Oh. Well, I thought it was impossible anyway! Pfft!

 

To: K. K . <3

No, it's nothing... Although I did get my hopes up,

it's really nothing to worry about...

 

Yes! Feel guilty! Feel the pain! Muahaahah! Jk, jk. There's nothing to feel guilty about. My mistake for thinking of something weird.

 

From: K. K. <3

Sorry again ><

 

To: K. K. <3

No. It's really nothing ^^

Btw, I saw you today :o

 

From: K. K. <3

Really?! Where? :O

 

To: K. K. <3

At the 'A' mall[A/N You can insert any mall you like :D]!

It looked like you were having fun ^^

 

From: K. K. <3

I was ^^ Do you like shopping?

 

To: K. K. <3

I do! And what about you?

 

From: K. K. <3

Me too! What are ur favorite shops?

 

He likes shopping too? Amazing!

 

To: K. K. <3

Amazing! You're now one of the two

guys I know, who like shopping :o

 

From: K. K. <3

Really? Hehe~

Well, yeah I am special, hehe

So what about the shops? ^^

 

We continue that way till late at night. It is about a quarter before midnight when we say our farewells. After that I fall asleep, in hopes of seeing Kibum in my dreams yet again~

 

A/N I updated! :O

This was not part of the plan...

But there you go -my newest work of art, lol

 Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed~ ^^

MIGHT updated again this week - Saturday or Sunday, but no promises - I have some stuff to do!

Sigh....

 

 

Love, S. O.