Ultimatum

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He tilted his head and avoided looking her in the eyes. They were seated across from each other at a Japanese restaurant. The light in the room was dimmed low, as if to match the awkward moods of the two strangers. The silence etched on, the two plates of food left untouched on the table. Every once in a while Taeyeon would sneak a glance at Donghae, her baby’s father but the longer she looked at him the more uncomfortable she became. What was he thinking? What is she suppose to say? She wanted to clear the air with him, she was filled with confidence in the car on the way to the restaurant, but now that they’re facing each other across the table…she felt tongue tied and unsure.

Donghae drummed his fingers lightly on the table, his forehead furrowed in a frown as if he was deep in thought. He glanced sideway at Taeyeon and saw the worried lines on her face. He tapped the table a little bit louder and Taeyeon glanced at him. He pointed to the plate of food in front of her and said, 

“Eat.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Eat for the baby.” Donghae mumbled staring at the table. 

Taeyeon lifted her fork and after a few seconds of debating, her stomach made howling hungry sounds. Her face flushed in embarrassment Taeyeon started eating. She didn’t bothered looking at what she was eating, but whatever it was tasted so good Taeyeon finished the plate of food within minutes. She did not realize how ravenous she was. 

“When was the last time you ate?” Donghae asked pushing his plate of food towards Taeyeon. 

“No thanks.” She said and pushed his plate aside.

“I just ate so I’m not hungry. It’s okay, eat some more.” He said. Taeyeon mumbled thanks and started eating again. Donghae watched in amazement as the small petite girl in front of him clean the plate of food like there was no tomorrow. He wondered if she was going to the plate too. She’s pregnant…she’s eating for two. Donghae reminded himself.

“Are you still hungry?” He asked. Taeyeon shook her head suddenly embarrassed. She gulped down a cup of water and sighed in satisfaction. She couldn’t remember the last time she ate so much. 

“How many months?” Donghae finally asked, glancing at her stomach. 

“Two” 

“Are you really keeping the baby?” He asked softly. Taeyeon stared down at her folded hands and nodded. 

“I don’t know what I’m suppose to do…do you want to marry?” he asked in a bleak voice. Taeyeon shook her head quickly. She heard Donghae  let out a relieved sigh. Taeyeon closed her eyes for a brief second and took a deep breath. She wanted to be as honest with Donghae as possible. 

“I don’t want anything from you Donghae. I think it’s enough that you know I’m pregnant. I want to raise this baby by myself. You have to promise me that you’re not going to take my baby away from me…that’s all I want from you.” Taeyeon said. She saw the conflicting emotions on Donghae's face, confusion, relief and guilt. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter