I love you

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The smell of eggs and bacon reminded her of home…and sharing breakfast in the morning with her mother. With her eyes closed the girl’s lips curved in a bittersweet smile. She wished she could see her mom; it has been such a long time since she last visited her mother. The young girl sniffed the air wondering if she was dreaming or if someone was really frying eggs and bacon. She slowly stretched her legs and lowered the blanket from her face. The alarm started beeping and the girl reached over and knocked it off the nightstand. She yawned and decided to sleep in… just five more minutes! She promised herself, snuggling her warm blanket.

The young man knocked on the door softly but did not hear any response. He frowned and checked his watch, it was almost seven o’clock. He knocked louder but still no response. The young man turned the door knob and was surprised to find it unlock. He hesitantly poked his head inside the room and saw the girl sprawled across her bed, the blanket wrapped around her like a mummy.

He tiptoed inside the room and gently shook her shoulder.

“Taeyeon…” he whispered, not wanting to alarm her. The girl stirred but did not open her eyes.

“Taeyeon…” He called again, a little louder. The girl grabbed his hand and held it in hers, eyes still closed.

“Taeyeon…breakfast’s ready.” He said trying to pull his hand out of her grasp gently not wanting to scare her. The girl stirred and slowly opened her eyes.

“Donghae!....What are you doing in my room?” Taeyeon asked. She saw her hand covering his and immediately let go.

“Breakfast’s ready.” He said with a grin, her hair after a long night looked more like Frankenstein’s wife’s hair, it was all sticking up in the air, Donghae coughed and glanced away hiding his smile.

“We’re eating breakfast…you and me?” She asked surprise.

This would be their first breakfast together…actually it would be their first meal in the apartment together. They moved in two months ago but have never sat down to eat at the same table.

“Come on let’s eat, I visited your mom a few days ago and she said you love bacon and eggs in the morning.” Donghae said opening the door for Taeyeon. She felt a lump rose in and tears welled up in her eyes, silently she nodded her head and followed Donghae to the dining table.

“Bacon and eggs is what we eat every morning…actually I…don’t really like bacon and eggs.” Taeyeon said as she sat down opposite from Donghae. Donghae paused midway as he held the plate of food in front of her.

“You don’t like bacon and eggs?” He asked glancing at the plate and the girl. Taeyeon took the plate and placed it in front of her and started eating.

“My mom thinks I like bacon and eggs because this was what we had every morning…just the two of us…” Taeyeon lowered her head,

“…I told her I love it because…we couldn’t really afford the more expensive food you know? Eggs and bacon…are…cheaper and it last a long time…of course we eat it with rice…” Taeyeon felt her face heat up; she couldn’t look Donghae in the eyes. He nodded and without a word took her plate and scooped a spoonful of rice and placed it on top of her eggs.

“Just like home.” He said and scooped a spoonful of rice and placed it over his eggs.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon said sincerely touched by his action.

They ate silently, every once in a while Donghae would cut a piece of his food and placed it on Taeyeon’s plate.

“You’re eating for two.” He said if she tried to refuse. After breakfast Donghae cleared the table.

“Donghae? Why did you cook breakfast?” Taeyeon asked curious. Donghae sat back down in his chair and grinned sheepishly.

“I just realize wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter