Flashback

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Taeyeon could turn back the hand of time, she would…unfortunately that was out of the question and unless a miracle happens she was stuck in the room with her parents, Lee Donghae and his parents. The room was filled with tense awkward silence. Taeyeon saw Mrs. Lee glancing around the room, her eyes shifting between Donghae and her. Taeyeon expected to see hatred and disgust in her eyes but surprisingly, Mrs. Lee's eyes were filled with curiosity and a hint of interest. Donghae sat between his parents, his body still as a statue and his eyes frowning at Taeyeon. She felt his unwavering gaze and felt her face flush. Taeyeon clasped her hands together and lowered her eyes to avoid looking at Lee Donghae and his parents. 

“Mr…un Kim, thank you coming…” Director Lee said tiredly. He turned toward Donghae and asked,

“Do you know who she is?” Donghae distracted momentarily by his father, nodded a frown still on his face, almost as if he was trying very hard to connect the dots. He knew something was wrong. 

“How did the two of you meet?” Mrs. Lee asked her voice filled with curiosity. Donghae glanced over at her, and Taeyeon lifted her head at the exact moment Donghae glanced at her. Their eyes met and held. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Irene! You know I don’t like going to parties, especially NOT to bonfire at the beach. Besides, Jiyong is coming by my house tonight.” Taeyeon lied hoping that would persuade her friend but it was no use, Irene was determined to take Taeyeon out. 

“Taeyeon you’re lying. Jiyong has basketball practice and I know you wouldn’t want him to go to your house anyway. Don’t you want to meet Henry? Remember I told you about him a few weeks ago?” Irene asked with a pout. Taeyeon sighed and nodded briefly. She was curious about the mysterious Henry. According to Irene, he was attending Seoul private school on a scholarship and was the smartest student in the school. Knowing her friend, Irene was probably exaggerating but she tends to exaggerate only when she really like somebody. 

“You like him a lot?” Taeyeon asked. Irene grinned from ear to ear and nodded eagerly. 

“Yes, but don’t you dare tell him I like him! Come on, you’re my best friend and I really really want you to meet him, please?” Irene pleaded her eyes begging Taeyeon to say yes. Taeyeon threw her hands up in the air in defeat. Irene jumped up and down and hugged Taeyeon tightly.

“I love you!” Irene shouted excitedly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Henry saw his friend leaning against the school old willow tree with a broken heart expression on his face. Henry rolled his eyes and muttered to himself, ‘Here we go again…” He walked up to Donghae and asked

“Broke up with Suzy again?” Donghae nodded and shrugged.

“This time it’s for real or what?” Henry asked dumbfounded at his friend’s behavior when it comes to Suzy. 

“I don’t know and I don’t care…she said she needed some space.” Donghae sneered and kicked the tree.

“What did the old willow tree ever do to you? Why are you kicking it?” Henry asked. The question was so elementary, so like a five year old that the two of them started chuckling. 

“Ah…I remembered. You asked me the same question when we were younger too. How did I answer? Nothing, the old willow tree didn’t do anything to me…” Donghae grinned; Henry always knew exactly what to say to distract him. 

“There’s a beach bonfire party tonight, why don’t you join me? You know get Suzy out of your system” Henry said. 

“Yeah sure, I’ll meet you there.” Donghae grinned slyly at Henry.

“Got a new girl already?” Donghae asked and shook his head at his friend. Henry shrugged smiled mischievously,

“Nah, this one is playing a little bit hard to get but she’ll be mine sooner or later.” 

“What are you going to do with her once she’s yours?” Donghae asked even though he already knew the answer.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter