Simple truths

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The apartment was quiet. The man tiptoed inside the living room heading immediately to one of the bedrooms. He could hear soft breathing as he turned the door knob. Inside the room was a girl sleeping peacefully her mouth curved in a gentle smile. She must be having a happy dream. The man thought as he took note of her pregnant stomach rising up and down with each breath she takes. He walked silently towards her bed, as he neared her he lowered his hand as if to touch her face. With his fingers an inch away from her face, the man felt his hand shake nervously and he paused. He didn't want to wake her. He shoved both his hands inside his back pockets and stood staring at the girl for a long time.“Jiyong…” He heard her whisper a name. The man frowned, who was Jiyong? The only friend she mentioned was her best friend Irene. 

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry Jiyong…I still care about you, I’m sorry I can’t stop my heart from loving you…but I don’t want the burden of messing up your life…sorry…” The young girl’s voice was filled with such sadness and regret the young man knew whoever Jiyong was…he was somebody important to her. The smile on her face a few minutes ago was now replaced with a bittersweet sadness. Tears rolled down her cheek, eyes still closed, she was crying in her sleep. As gently as possible, the man took a tissue and wiped her tears. 

The girl continued to tossed and turned as if she was having a bad dream. The young man took one of her hands and held it in his. He did not say anything. The girl whimpered, the other hand raised up in the air as if trying to block an attack. 

"Please don't! Please don't hurt me...don't hurt mom!" She begged, her body shivering in fear, she was groaning her face now covered with sweats. 

"Shhh...Taeyeon, you're safe, everything is fine." 

He took both her hands and held it securely against his chest. Taeyeon squeezed his hands so tight her finger nails pierced his skin and tiny drip of blood fell on the blanket. 

He held her hands for a long time, gently it until her hands were no longer cold, he held it until she stopped tossing and turning, he held her hands in his until her face was again sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face. With a huge sigh of relief the young man covered her with a blanket and turned off her bedroom light. He walked inside his room and immediately lie on the bed exhausted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MOM!" Taeyeon shouted and bolted up from her bed. She was covered in sweat, her hair felt damp and...there was blood on her blanket. She reached for the Kleenex box on her nightstand and realized her finger nails had smudges of blood on it. What happened? She wondered and looked at her hands. She didn't have any scratches so the blood was from someone else. How did she get blood on her nails? Taeyeon wondered as she headed to the restroom to wash her hands. Donghae forgot to turn off his bedroom light. Taeyeon wondered if he was still awake as she walked silently passed his room. She went inside the restroom and quickly washed her hands. Could the bloods on her na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter