When there's no love, there's no pain

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of thunder echoed in the girl's ears as she ran down the street oblivious to the heavy rain soaking her white dress. Everything was fake, his smiles, his gentleness, the bedtime stories, the early morning breakfasts...the memories they shared...it was all calculated, a deception weaved with lies to trap her. Taeyeon angrily wiped the tears off her face and continued running. He lied to her and she believed him, she trusted him. A fool, I am such a fool! She berated herself as she waved frantically for a cab.Was he following her? Was he aware that she left the baby shower? She wasn't sure and she didn't care. Taeyeon grimaced and tried to erase the horrible baby shower experience from her mind. Just thinking about the fake smile she forced on her lips throughout the awkward party was enough to make her want to puke. Donghae walked around the room with her, his face void of any emotions as they shook hands with his relatives and friends. Taeyeon hated the fact that she had to pretend as if nothing happened. She knew everybody in the room had heard the arguments she had with Donghae moments before they walked through the entrance. Taeyeon felt a lump rose in remembering Mrs. Lee's sad eyes. No regrets Taeyeon. No regrets!

A cab finally stopped in front of her and she quickly enters.

"Seoul hospital please." She said.

She was leaving Seoul...after visiting her mother she was going to disappear. Taeyeon closed her eyes and sighed. He didn't even tell her about her mother. He knew how much she worries about her, yet he didn't bother to tell her that her father was out of jail and her mother was half dead in the hospital. Thank god she made sure her cell phone number was on her mother's first contact speed dial. Thank god the nurse contacted her or she would never have known her mother was in the hospital. Was she blind to all of Donghae's flaws before? Was she so grateful for his understanding and care that she thought he was perfect? He was rich, handsome, gentle and understanding. Now she knew better...it was all just an act. 

Taeyeon hesitated before opening the door. The nurse told her the injury was quite severe, her mother had internal bleeding and broken bone fracture on several parts of her body. The moment she entered the room, Taeyeon felt a sense of helplessness. Mrs. Kim was on the breathing machine, she was strapped to the bed, both her arms had sling due to bone fractures. Taeyeon walked closer, her heart beating painfully. The black and blue hand marks was visible around Mrs. Kim's neck. Blood had stopped circulating causing Mrs. Kim's neck to turn dark red almost black. Her face was deformed with a broken jaw, and small patches of her hair were missing. Taeyeon sat down next to her mother and gently touched her face.

"I'm sorry mom, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you."

Mrs. Kim moved her right hand and slowly she covered her fingers over Taeyeon's.

"Mom..."

Mrs. Kim opened her eyes and with one of her finger pointed to her breathing mask. Taeyeon lifted the mask.

"Mom?"

The woman smiled sadly at her daughter. She squeezed Taeyeonl's hand in comfort.

"I'm fine." She whispered hoarsely.

"Mom...I know you're tired, I'll wait until you sleep before I leave" 

Mrs. Kim knew her daughter too well. There was an undeniable sadness in her daughter's eyes. Taeyeon tried to smile but her lips were quivering. Mrs. Kim pointed to the chair and insisted Taeyeon sit next to her.

"Tell me..." She whispered. Worried, Taeyeon didn't want to burden her mother. She shook her head.

"I'm fine." The young girl assured her mother. Mrs. Kim pointed to her heart and mouthed,

"Tell me."

Taeyeon sighed, she fears telling her the truth would burden her, yet she could not lie to her mother.

"I'm leaving Seoul. I didn't want to leave without telling you goodbye."

Mrs. Kim shook her head, her eyes clouded in confusion.

"Why?" 

"...I...it's a long story mom. Donghae betrayed my trust. He...said I have to marry him or lose Hope." Taeyeon forced the wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter