Cage

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of toast and butter filled the kitchen. Donghae placed the newly toasted breads on the table and watched the girl hungrily grabbed a handful of breads. Taeyeon liberally dipped her toast into a jar of butter. Donghae frowned as Taeyeon then scooped a spoonful of strawberry jam and mixed it with the butter, and without hesitation took a huge bite. Donghae felt nauseated watching her but he kept a smile on his face and tried eating the toast in front of him."I want peanut butter." 

Taeyeon pointed to the cabinet still filled with food. Donghae opened the cabinet and took out a jar of peanut butter. Taeyeon immediately opened the lid and scooped a spoonful of peanut butter quickly mixing it with the strawberry jam and butter. She then rolled the toast up like a burrito and with her eyes closed she took a huge bite. 

"Yummy..." She said and took another bite.

"Hope must be really hungry?" Donghae said, placing another toast on Taeyeon's plate. She smiled at him and nodded all the while eating non-stop. Donghae watched her eat silently enjoying her little moments of happiness.

"I'm sorry about last night."

Donghae shrugged and raised his hands up.

"Don't worry it doesn't hurt."

"Donghae, I want to visit my mom today. Did you call the police about my dad?"

"Why don't we visit her another day? Mom just called she wanted to see you about the baby shower."

"I thought we agreed not to have a baby shower. I don't want to make parting difficult...for me and your family." 

Donghae didn't answer. He stared at the table for a few seconds then stood up.

"Are you done eating?" He asked. Taeyeon nodded.

"It's been a while since we visited mom and dad, why don't we visit them first then your mom?"

Taeyeon grinned and nodded her head in agreement. She walked into the hallway to put her shoes on missing the relief in Donghae's eyes as he took out his cell phone and dialed his parents's home phone.

~~~~~~~' 

Taeyeon loved the Lee's garden. It was filled with beautiful flowers from all over the world. She especially like the smell of tiger lilies. She leaned over and smelled the flowers for the hundredth time loving the fade but sweet smelling aroma. She glanced over to the house and wondered what was happening. When she arrived at the home, Director Lee and Mrs. Lee was fussing over her. Mrs. Lee especially had tears in her eyes as she hugged her tightly. Not long after that Suzy came unexpectedly to visit. She and Donghae disappear into his bedroom.

"Hope, you naughty girl, people will think mommy's crazy. Do I have to eat the lilies? Can't we just smell it?"

She said as watered and she stared hungrily at the tiger lilies. Taeyeon debated over eating the flowers and did not notice the figure approaching her. 

"I need to talk to you."

Taeyeon looked up and saw Suzy with her arms crossed, her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Are you okay?" She asked worried. Suzy laughed sarcastically and shrugged.

"Would you be okay if your boyfriend got another girl pregnant?"

Taeyeon didn't answer.

"In this story...only you, the baby and Donghae exist. Funny how I became the third wheel or is it the fourth wheel?" Suzy laughed again.

Suzy closed the distance between them and stared at the young girl's pregnant stomach.

"What are you talking about Suzy?" Taeyeon asked not sure if she wanted to know the answer.

"Donghae called me the other night and asked me if I wanted to be a step mother. He said he didn't want to lose the baby...he said he wanted to raise the baby...did he tell you that?"

Taeyeon shook her head in denial. That was not the agreement she and Donghae made. 

"No. I don't believe you." Taeyeon didn't realize she was shaking until she saw the lilies petals in her hands fell to the ground.

"If you don't believe me, go ask him. I told Donghae I'm not read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter