Hope

Cruel romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Tiny fingers grasp his and the young man's eyes filled with awe and tears of happiness. Babies to him, especially newborns were really ugly. They looked like wrinkled tiny old people in diapers, but this particular baby was the most beautiful baby in the world, she was a miracle. His miracle baby. The nurse walked in the room and sighed loudly when she saw him."Mr. Lee, visiting hour is over. Please come back tomorrow." Donghae gently untangled his daughter's grip and placed her hand inside the incubator. For a brief moment, the sound of the machine beeping and the color wire connecting to his daughter's tiny body disappear, she was just a normal, healthy baby.

"Daddy will be back tomorrow Hope." Donghae couldn't move, he wasn't ready to leave yet. He observed the nurse's expression as she briskly check Hope's heart beats and flipped through the chart.

"Is she going to be fine?" he asked. 
The nurse looked up not surprise to see him there at all. He was one of those rare fathers, despite his young age that obviously cared deeply for his child. Since the day his wife was rushed into the emergency room, he had not missed a single visit to the hospital.

"She was born prematurely, her immune is very low and she is not as developed, considering all that's against her she's a fighter. She will be fine." The nurse said kindly. She pointed to the door and waited until he exited the door.

"You are a fighter right?" The nurse asked as she listens to Hope's heart beats again.

This baby was definitely a fighter. The nurse still remembers clearly the first time she saw the young man. It was just last month when she saw him running down the lobby shouting for help, his young wife in his arms already deathly pale. The young girl's heart had decreased drastically to a point where breathing was impossible. The baby had stopped moving by then, everybody in the emergency room including Dr. Wong thought the baby was dead. However, she made her presence know with a loud unhappy scream the moment Dr. Wong lifted her up. The nurse grinned as she remembered the doctor's shock expression.

"She...she's alive!" Dr. Wong stuttered.

"It's a miracle!" A nurse said. Yes, Hope was the hospital's miracle baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~ 

He was holding her hand again. Every day she could feel his presence, even though she couldn't see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter