08.

Special Ability

Minyoung heaved a heavy sigh before entering. "Here goes nothing." 

Minyoung opened the door.

The lights were out and nobody was at the living room.

"Thank heavens! She's fast asleep." Minyoung quickly walked upstairs to her room.

"Whoa! Who's this? She looks pure evil. WITCH. OH MY GOD! TWO WITCHES! Hmmm, this one doesn't look evil." Sungyeol was busy observing the family portrait.

Minyoung shook her head and whispered "Sungyeol-sshi! I've school tomorrow. Get your to my room right now."

Sungyeol doesn't seem to hear her and continued observing the picture.

Minyoung gave up calling him and trudged upstairs as she was tired.

Well, it was almost 4 am by the time she got back.

"Yah, Miss Weirdo. Is that you? Hmmm, this ahjumma doesn't look like you at all!" Sungyeol turned and saw nobody there.

"Yah!" There was no reply.

"I should really clean my ears and pay extra attention next time." Sungyeol mentally scolded himself.

He walked upstairs and saw four doors.

"I guess it's this room."

Sungyeol went into the first room.

"Yikes! Witch." Sungyeol quickly went out of the room.

"I don't wanna see another witch for today. I'll try the fourth room."  Sungyeol shuddered at that thought and walked to the fourth room.

He saw Minyoung fast asleep. Her place was a mess. Books, clothing and her stationary were scattered on the floor.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Sungyeol shook his head. 

Being the neat freak, Sungyeol couldn't stand the sight of the messy place.

"I hope I can move things. I can't stand it here. So messy." He started placing her books in her bag and folded her clothing.

To his surprise, he could actually move things. 

"Not as bad as I thought except that I'm invincible."

 

======================================================

 

The room was dim.

"Yah, wake up. You're gonna be late if you don't wake up." Sungyeol opened the curtains.

Sunlight streamed through the curtains. The whole room was bright.

Minyoung was still sleeping soundly. 

Sungyeol shook his head and walk towards her bed.

"YAH! IT'S TEN PAST FIVE. YOU ARE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Sungyeol shouted.

Minyoung sprang to her feet and quickly ran to the bathroom.

"That always work!" Sungyeol chuckled.

After washing up, she quickly went downstairs hoping to not see her stepmother.

To her surprise, nobody was there. Not even her stepmother.

"Hmm,strange, I thought I heard someone said it was ten past five. I'm definitely late!"  Minyoung looked at the clock. It was seven past five. 

Just then, Sungyeol came down.

She narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously.

"What? Never seen a handsome man before?" Sungyeol raised an eyebrow.

"Eww, no. Puh-lease. You? Handsome?" Minyoung pretended to puke and walked to the kitchen.

"Come on! Don't you think I'm handsome?"  Sungyeol followed her to the kitchen.

Minyoung ignored him and prepared breakfast.

"Am I handsome?" "I am, right?" "Don't you think so?" "You're lucky to see me up-close." 

Minyoung knew that Sungyeol will not leave her alone until she say yes.

"Yes, yes! Happy? Now would you excuse me, I've to prepare breakfast." Minyoung replied.

"What? I can't hear." Sungyeol said as he put his hand behind his ear.

"YE-"

"Who are you talking to?" 

Minyoung turned and saw Jia Sim. She crossed her hands.

"Urrr, talking to myself!" Minyoung feigned laughter.

Jia Sim rolled her eyes and walked away. "Retard. Stop talking to yourself and prepare breakfast,FAST."

"What kind of sister is she? " Sungyeol shook his head and looked at Jia Sim.

After preparing breakfast, Minyoung changed into her uniform.

"YAH! KIM MIN YOUNG! WASH THE CLOTHING NOW."  her stepmother shouted.

"But, I'm going to school now." Minyoung said.

"KIM MIN YOUNG! HOW DARE YOU ANSWER BACK!"  "Get it done before you leave. Don't even think about leaving." Her stepmother said and went outside.

"Jia Sim! Jia Min! Get in the car. You're gonna be late!" her stepmother hollered.

Minyoung heaved a heavy sigh and went inside to do the laundry.

Jia Sim walked past her and went outside.

Jia Min was wearing her socks.

"Morning, unnie." said Minyoung as she saw Jia Min.

"Minyoung, let's go together!" said Jia Min.

"It's okay, unnie. I've some stuff that I need to do before I leave." Minyoung said.

"But you're going to be late. What's that thing you need to do? Need help?" Jia Min asked.

"It's okay. I just have to do the laundry. Thanks for asking" said Minyoung.

"But you can do it after sch-" "JIA MIN! GET IN THE CAR OR I'M LEAVING!" 

"It's okay, unnie. Just go or you're going to be late." Minyoung nudged Jia Min.

"Alright, better be quick! I'll try to buy you some time." Jia Min quickly got into the car.

"Alright, time to do some quick laundry." 

Sungyeol, on the other hand was watching the whole thing.

"What is this?! What kind of family are they?  Well, except the other girl. "  Sungyeol was flabbergasted to see her family treating her like this."She's going to be extremely late." He went upstairs, took her bag and placed it at the door.