12.

Special Ability

"We won, noona! You're good, noona!" Sungjong extended his hand for a high 5.

"Thanks, Sungjong. You're not bad yourself too." Minyoung gave him a smile and high fived him.

It's been a long time since she had a good time. 

"Pizza's here!" hollered Hoya.

"I'll pay!" said Minyoung as she rushed to the door.

"It's okay, Minyoung. We got it under control." said Dongwoo.

"But I feel bad." said Minyoung.

"Treat us for lunch after school tomorrow, noona!" suggested Sungjong.

"Yeah!" " We can meet again! Woohoo!" "Agreed!" Everyone agreed.

School. She remembered that she had school tomorrow and she's been out for a long time. Her step-mother will not like it.

Just then, her cell phone rang.

"YAH! KIM MIN YOUNG! WHERE ARE YOU? GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" Her stepmother then hung up.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go now." said Minyoung. She looked at her watch. It was 4 pm. 

"I'll send you home." offered Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo, you're so biased. You don't even offer to take me back." said Sungyeol as he pretended to be hurt.

"See you tomorrow, Minyoung." all five of them chorused.

They exchanged numbers and bid farewell.

"Let's go, Myungsoo oppa." said Minyoung.

"Hey! Don't forget about me!" Sungyeol ran as fast as he could.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

"We're here." said Minyoung. "Thank you for the ride, Myungsoo oppa." Minyoung got out from the car.

"Anytime." said Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stood by his car, waiting for Minyoung to enter the house.

"It's okay, Myungsoo oppa. You can go now. Drive carefully." said Minyoung.

"Are you sure?" asked Myungsoo.

"I'm sure." Minyoung smiled and waved at him.

"See you tomorrow." Myungsoo entered his car and drove back home.

Minyoung heaved a heavy sigh and trudged to the door.

"Take a deep breath." said Sungyeol.

"That wouldn't work right now." said Minyoung.

She opened the door and saw her stepmother and Jia Sim sitting on the couch.

"Well, well, look who's back." said Jia Sim. "And who's that guy outside?" asked Jia Sim.

"That's my friend." said Minyoung.

Jia Sim rolled her eyes.

"Where were you?! " asked her stepmother.

"At the hospital. " said Minyoung.

"What were you doing there?!" questioned her stepmother.

"Doing my assignment." replied Minyoung.

"Phhfft. At the hospital? Mom! She's following me the whole day!" Jia Sim stood up from the cushion and walked towards Minyoung.

"Tell me. Why were you following me?" Jia Sim put her hands on her hips.

"I didn't! Besides, if I were to follow you, I should have followed you behind and not the other way round. I went there to interview the nurses." said Minyoung.

"Quiet! All of you! Enough with your nonsence. Darling Jia Sim, go to your room. Mummy will settle this." 

Jia Sim glared at Minyoung and walked to the stairs.

Suddenly, Jia Sim fell. Minyoung looked and saw Sungyeol. 

Sungyeol caught Minyoung giving him the 'I-saw-you-did-that' look. He started whistling and walked away.

"That choding." 

Her stepmother quickly helped her daughter. She then look at Minyoung . "I want you to get a job soon. I need money."

"But I'm still studying." said Minyoung.

"I don't care. Jia Sim and Jia Min need their allowance and I've used it all up." "If you don't want to do as I say, I can put you up for adoption since you're 17." threatened her stepmother.

She didn't want to be adopted. Two years, and she'll be out of this hellhole. After contemplating, she finally agreed to get a job at the convenience store.

"Good. Now that's cleared. I want you to prepare dinner." her stepmother gave her a fake smile and walked upstairs.

"What's that all about?! Is she out of her mind?!"  Sungyeol couldn't believe that this kind of people exists.

"Well, in this world, some people get good luck while some will get bad luck. Just like me." Minyoung walked to the kitchen.

"You're not having a bad luck. Want to know why?" asked Sungyeol.

"Nope." asked Minyoung who was curious.

"Cause I'm here." Sungyeol winked at Minyoung.

She turned crimson red. "Y-yah. I'm going to prepare dinner." Minyoung quickly walked to the kitchen.

"She's blushing." Sungyeol smiled at that thought and walked to the kitchen.

 

------------------------------------------------

"Dinner's ready." Minyoung set up the table and walked upstairs.

Just then, Jia Min came home.

"Hello,Minyoung." greeted Jia Min.

"Hi, unnie." replied Minyoung.

"Minyoung, aren't you eating with us?" asked Jia Min.

"I'm not hungry." Minyoung walked upstairs to her room.

She closed her door and sat on her bed.

"Aren't you hungry? I can get some for you if you want." asked Sungyeol.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Sungyeol-sshi. I don't want them to think that this house is haunted." said Minyoung.

"Hey, why do you call everyone oppa except me?" Sunyeol pretended to be sad.

"Alright, Yeol oppa." Minyoung gave Sungyeol a light pat on the back.

Sungyeol looked up with sparkly eyes. "You called me Oppa!" said Sungyeol, feeling elated.

Minyoung chuckled.

Then she looked down and sighed.

"Panda, if there's anything you want to talk about, you can talk to me." said Sungyeol looking concern.

Minyoung contemplated for a while. "I don't know why but I trust him." Then she told him everything that has been bottled up.

Then they chatted and before they know it, it's 12am. 

"Whoa, I didn't know time flies that fast." said Minyoung, looking at her clock.

"You should sleep. You've school tomorrow." said Sungyeol.

"Thank you, Yeol oppa. More like Yeol umma.Thanks for listening." said Minyoung.

"You're welcome, Minyoung. Come to me anytime. I'm all ears." said Sungyeol as he raised his eyebrows up and down.

"Don't give me that Johnny Bravo look, Yeol oppa." Minyoung playfully threw her pillow at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol caught the pillow. "Alright, go to sleep, Minnie." 

"What? Minnie? Yah, oppa!" said Minyoung.

"What? Who's calling me?" Sungyeol pretended that he didn't hear.

"Alright, I'll wash up and sleep." Minyoung went to the bathroom.

Sungeol looked around her room. He was pleased that her room was clean. Well, that's because he cleaned he room previously.

"Aren't you going to wash up?" asked Minyoung.

"Minyoung? I'm not human." said Sungyeol.

"Oh, sorry about that. Alright, goodnight!" said Minyoung.

"Goodnight."

"Oh! Don't forget to wake me up." said Minyoung.

"Alright, panda."