09.

Special Ability

By the time she dry the clothes, it was already 9.10 am.

She was 40 minutes late.

"Oh no, I'm super late."

"Yah, panda. Your bag is here." Sungyeol pointed.

"Huh? But- I thought it was in my room. Oh well. Thanks Sungyeol-sshi." Minyoung smiled at him and quickly went outside of the house.

"Wait a minute. Can he actually move things?"

"Sungyeol-sshi, do you wanna follow me to school or stay here?" Minyoung asked.

"I'll follow. I don't wanna rot here. No fun." Sungyeol followed her.

Minyoung quickly cycled to school.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The gate was closed.

"Good morning, ahjusshi." Minyoung said.

"Good morning. Why are you late?" asked the guard.

"Ummm." Minyoung can't think of anything to say. She can't possibly say that her stepmother called her to do the laundry and if she doesn't abide it, god knows what'll happen. Everyone would call that an excuse. A very lame excuse.

"Say you're having diarrhea." suggested Sungyeol.

"What?! No, I can't lie!" Minyoung turned and looked at him.

"What did you just say?" asked the guard.

She turned and look at the guard.

"I've diarrhea." Minyoung fibbed.

"Hmmm, alright." said the guard as he opened the gate.

"Whoa, that was easy." thought Minyoung.

"I think you owe me a 'thank you'." said Sungyeol.

"Thanks but.. it's really bad to lie, Sungyeol-sshi." said Minyoung.

"Well, you can't possibly tell everyone that you're doing the laundry in the morning especially when you have school. Doesn't make sense,right?" said Sungyeol.

Just then, she saw her homeroom teacher, Mrs Kim.

"Kim Min Young. I heard from Jia Min that you're having diarrhea. Why don't you rest at home?" asked Mrs Kim. 

"Thank you so much, Jia Min unnie. I owe you one." 

"I don't want to miss school today." she replied.

"Alright, go in to your class but next time if you're not feeling well, rest at home." said Mrs Kim.

"Okay, teacher." Minyoung quickly walked to her class.

She knocked at the door and opened her classroom door.

To her surprise, nobody was there.

"Where is everyone?" she asked.

"P.E . " said Sungyeol.

"Oh yeah! How can I forget. Wait, how did you know?" Minyoung looked at him, feeling astounded.

Sungyeol pointed at the timetable that was at the notice board.

"Way to go, Minyoung. " she mentally face-palmed herself.

Sungyeol chuckled. "She's cute. Wait, what was I thinking?!" 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang.

Everyone made a bee-line for the canteen including Minyoung and Sungyeol.

"GOTCHA!" 

Minyoung jumped and turned around.

It was none other than her best friend, Nayoung.

"Nayoung! You've gotta stop doing that!" Minyoung hit her friend playfully.

"Oh my god. Minyoung. What happened to you?" asked Nayoung.

"What? What happened?" Minyoung asked 

"She's saying about your dark circles, panda." Sungyeol pointed out.

"WHAT? Dark circles?!" 

"Yeah, dark circles. What time did you sleep yesterday?" asked Nayoung.

"Around 4 in the morning, I guess." Minyoung replied nonchalantly.

"What were you doing?! Don't tell me it's that old witch or that younger one." said Nayoung with a frown. 

"I was at the hospital and no it's not them that made me slept at 4 in the morning. "  replied Minyoung.

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Nayoung turned Minyoung's body. "And why were you late?"

Minyoung told her everything from A-Z.

"Those witches! You shouldn't have listened to them! Now, you have a bad record of coming late to school. " "You can always stay at my house." offered Nayoung.

"Take your time and have a bonding session with your buddy over there. I'll be exploring around the school." Sungyeol walked away.

"Okay." said Minyoung.

"What? You're gonna stay at my house?! That's great! I'll tell my parents. They'll be thrill to see you!" said Nayoung.

"Oh no, what did I get myself into."

"No, Nayoung, what I meant was I will stay at your house but not now." 

"Alright then." replied Nayoung.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol on the other hand was wandering around the school.

He didn't want to be awkward. So he left.

The school was big but compared to his school, his was bigger.

Sungyeol stopped at his track when he heard his name.

"Oh my god. Did you hear that Sungyeol oppa is at the hospital?" asked one of the girls, Mandy.

"Yeah, I've heard. Do you wanna visit him?" asked another girl. Chaelee.

"But you guys don't even know which hospital he's at." replied Ran.

"No worries, I know exactly where he is. I've been stalking around for years!" said Mandy.

Sungyeol didn't like the idea of someone, especially sasaeng fan to be at the hospital. God knows what they'll do.

"What's so nice about this guy?" asked Jia Sim.

"Isn't she Minyoung's sister?"  Sungyeol looked closer.

"Well, he's handsome. Smart. A gentleman and he's even better than your Daniel oppa." said Mandy.

"Maybe he went for plastic surgery. Nobody can be as perfect as my Daniel oppa." Jia Sim smiled at that thought.

"Suit yourself. We're going to see him after school." said Chaelee.

"I'll follow then. Just to see how handsome that guy is." said Jia Sim.

"Meet here after school." said Mandy.

"Oh god. I've to tell Minyoung." Sungyeol quickly walked away.