16.

Special Ability

The journey was neither awkward nor comfortable.

"Yah, are you okay?" asked Sungyeol.

Minyoung gave a slight nod.

"Minyoung-ah, are you okay?" asked Sunggyu.

"Sunggyu oppa, I'm fine, thanks." 

"Do you actually know them?" asked L.

"I actually do." "Do you mind if you tell us more about it?" asked Hoya.

Minyoung hesitated at first. "You can trust them, panda. They're my friends." said Sungyeol.

"You don't have to talk about it if you're uncomfortable about it." said Dongwoo.

Minyoung took a deep breathe. 

"I'm staying with my stepfamily. I've two stepsisters, Jia Min and Jia Sim. They're at the cafe earlier."

"You mean Jenna?" asked Woohyun.

"No. The other one. That's Jia Sim. The one sitting at the table, wearing a pink blouse, that's Jia Min." 

"Jia Sim seemed to hate you." said Sungjong.

"Yeah, I don't know why. I don't even know why Jia Min was like that too." In the end, she spilled everything to Infinite.

They understand her situation.

"Noona! It's okay! I'll protect you!" said Sungjong.

"Correction. It's WE." said Sunggyu.

"Sorry hyung, my bad."

Minyoung's lips quirked upwards into a smile.

"Not to mention that you're Sungyeol's girlfriend." said Dongwoo.

Minyoung's face flushed pink. 

"We're at the hat store!" hollered Dongwoo.

"Thank heavens, nobody saw that." 

But she didn't realise that Sungyeol was observing her. "That's cute." 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Minyoung! Look at this cap! This looks cute on you!" said Hoya. 

"Try it on, noona." urged Sunjong.

"No, no. Try this bunny hat." suggested Sungyeol.

"I'll try the bunny hat." said Minyoung.

She tried it and looked at the mirror. Woohyun saw Minyoung and started squealing like a fangirl. "Oh my god! You're so cute! I'm going to take a picture and post it on my instagram." Wooyhun immediately took out his phone and took a picture of Minyoung.

"Yah! Woohyun oppa! I wasn't even ready!"

Woohyun blew raspberry at Minyoung.

Dongwoo laughed and pat her head.

"Noona! Can you buy me this?" Sungjong showed Minyoung a bear hat.

"Sure, Sungjong." "Oppa, choose your hats. I'll pay." said Minyoung.

"You don't have to." said L.

"Come on! I'll feel bad." said Minyoung.

"Can I have one too?" asked Sungyeol.

Minyoung just gave him a smile.

"Hey! What's that suppose to mean?!" asked Sungyeol.

Minyoung ignored him. She heard him mumbling about her being a miser. 

In the end, Minyoung paid for the hats. "Thank you Minyoung" Infinite chorused.

"You're welcome!" 

"Let's get you home. It's getting late." said Sunggyu.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

They bid farewell and went back home.

Minyoung took a deep breathe and unlocked the doors.

She opened the door and hoped that Jia Sim wasn't there. She doesn't want to start a fight with Jia Sim.

She saw a someone at the living room. "Not my luck today."

She switched on the lights and to her surprise, it wasn't Jia Sim. It was Jia Min.

"Unnie...." Minyoung didn't know what to say. "Wash up and come to my room later." Jia Min walked to her room.

Minyoung nodded and did as she was told.

Sungyeol knew something was wrong but kept quiet.

Minyoung knocked on the door three times. "Come in."

She entered the room. "Is there anything, unnie?"

"Sit, I just want to ask you something." Jia Min motioned Minyoung to her bed.

Minyoung sat on her bed. "Sure, you can ask me anything."

"Do you like Hoya?" asked Jia Min. "Answer me honestly."

"That's why she seemed angry when Hoya helped Minyoung with the hat. Jia Min likes Hoya." Sungyeol finally understand why Jia Min was acting like that.

"Nope, he's just a friend. Is there anything wrong, unnie?" asked Minyoung, who was still oblivious.

Jia Min seemed relaxed after knowing that Minyoung doesn't like Hoya but kept a straight face. "Nothing, I'm just asking. How did you know them?" "That doesn't mean Hoya Oppa doesn't like her."

Minyoung paused. She doesn't like to lie but Jia Min wouldn't believe her if she tells her that she met Infinite in Sungyeol's apartment and he's actually not human. That wouldn't make any sense. "Sorry, unnie." "Someone introduced me to Infinite."

"Who?" Jia Min was curious. She wanted to know how a person like Minyoung could hang out with Infinite. 

"Should I say Sungyeol oppa's name?" "You got my permission to say my name."said Sungyeol. "How did he know what I was thinking?!"

"Lee Sung Yeol."

"Sungyeol-sshi? Where is he now? I didn't see him earlier at the cafe." asked Jia Min. 

"He's currently in Africa doing charity." said Minyoung.

"You seemed kind of close to him. Who is he to you?" asked Jia Min. There was a hint of jealously.

Sungyeol actually noticed that but obviously Minyoung doesn't seemed to notice it.

"Why is unnie asking me all this weird questions?"

"Should I stick to the story and say that Sungyeol oppa's my boyfriend?"

Before Minyoung could reply Jia Min, Sungyeol said, "Just say you're my friend."

"He's my friend. Unnie, why are you asking me all this kind of questions?" Minyoung who was still oblivious didn't know why Jia Min asked questions like that.

"Just asking. It doesn't cause any harm to ask right? Alright, I've some work to do. Goodnight, Minyoung." said Jia Min.

"Okay.. Goodnight, unnie." Minyoung stood up and walked to her room.

"Why is unnie acting so weird today? I wonder why.."